The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs QPR EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs QPR Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
MarkA249
BazSpur
ionman34
LOBO
8 posters

Match Thread Vs QPR

Match Thread Vs QPR Empty Match Thread Vs QPR

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 05:35

Match Thread Vs QPR 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Vs Match Thread Vs QPR 220px-QPR_Logo

At

Match Thread Vs QPR 300px-White_Hart_Lane_from_South_End

Match Thread Vs QPR 150px-Premier_League.svg

Kick Off @ 1600hrs

Match Thread Vs QPR Empty Re: Match Thread Vs QPR

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 05:51

At Tottenham Hotspur (22)

Results Total %

Tottenham Hotspur 12 (54.55%)

Queens Park Rangers 31 (3.64%)

Draws 7 (31.82%)

Goals Total Av.pg

Tottenham Hotspur 39 (1.77pg)

Queens Park Rangers 22 (1.00pg)
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 27 2011, 06:08

After watching QPR struggle against 9 man Chelski I was left wondering what would the score be at spurs, Considering we're not playing well and at time look a bit flat I'm still left thinking we will Hammer these , for our poor play of late is nothing o how poor QPR looked on sunday , I honestly think 5 or 6 nil is on the cards

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 06:36

Match Thread Vs QPR Sinton%2C_AndyMatch Thread Vs QPR 200px-Taarabt

Match Thread Vs QPR Gerry_francisMatch Thread Vs QPR Terry_fenwick

Match Thread Vs QPR 200px-Clive_AllenMatch Thread Vs QPR 27_terry_venables

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 06:40

Record Scores

Highest Aggregate 7: Queens Park Rangers 2 - 5 Tottenham Hotspur 1985/1986

Highest Tottenham Hotspur score:5 Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 0 Queens Park Rangers 1984/1985

Highest Queens Park Rangers score:4 Queens Park Rangers 4 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1992/1993

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 06:46

Right Peeps, the last time I can find a game against QPR was in 1995. A league game, 1-0 to us at the The Lane. As I feel that only games since the year 2005 are relevant to these threads I won't post any previous scores up, but if some one else wishes to please do so. I agree with Lobo that this game should be a quite high scoring affair. Our present defensive "issues" have left us looking a bit shaky at the back but we have goals in us & I think QPR's defence will struggle to contain us . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 10:52

i dont understand why they took ade off aganst chelsea with 30 mins left. they should of stuck him up front,

all of chelsea players where on bookins theres no way terry would of caught him

anyway we should win this seeing as there defence looks rubbish but i think they wil score,

adel v walker will be intresting
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Oct 27 2011, 12:07

Just watched the QPR Cheatski game and one thing really stood out for me, Taarabt was absolutlely rubbish.

Which worries me, because he blows hot & cold more than anyone else.

Fingers crossed he tries too hard against us and puts his 'passion fingers' touch on everything.

(Passion fingers = everything he touches he f*cks!)

I think this game will be tighter than some think.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 27 2011, 20:13

ionman34 wrote:
    I think this game will be tighter than some think.

Yes and the moon is made of cheese lmao lmao lmao

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 02:15

he seems to be passing more. and why didnt he take the pen. the guy needs a goal. he made a great pass for barton who missed.

to me he seems unfit
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 28 2011, 03:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:he seems to be passing more. and why didnt he take the pen. the guy needs a goal. he made a great pass for barton who missed.

to me he seems unfit

For the Prem? lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 28 2011, 03:26

Thye games we shold win at a canter never turn out that way and I don't see this being any different. 2-0 at best.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 03:39

ion i didnt see the first half as the spurs game was still playing

was he the guy that got drogba sent off

secound hald i saw and he was quiet. joey barton takin all free kicks now and yet npo goals

i do think we will win well, i see 4 1 4 2 here
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 28 2011, 09:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:ion i didnt see the first half as the spurs game was still playing

was he the guy that got drogba sent off

secound hald i saw and he was quiet. joey barton takin all free kicks now and yet npo goals

i do think we will win well, i see 4 1 4 2 here

No mate, Drogba got Drogba sent off with a stupid two footed tackle on Taarabt after he lost control of the ball.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 10:51

just watched the highlights and you missed adel 2 great through balls

also drobra challenge was bad derserved a red

thought the 1st sendin off was harsh though
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 28 2011, 23:02

Loughtonlegend wrote:just watched the highlights and you missed adel 2 great through balls

I watched 90 minutes, 2 good through balls was all he did of note. I also noted the plethora of missed passes and easily given away possession that he was culpable for.

Lought, I've never denied his talent, but I don't let it blind me to the fact that he is more of a liability than an asset at the moment. Yes he can have a 'moment' that will change a game, but which player would you rather have in the side, Taarabt or Parker?

also drobra challenge was bad derserved a red

Yep.

thought the 1st sendin off was harsh though

I agree. Absolutely nothing in it really, Stevie Wonder could have seen that it was a dive.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29 2011, 02:17

brad
    walker kaboul bassong ekotto

lennon parker vdv modric
    ade defoe

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29 2011, 08:28

Friedel
    Walker Bassong(yikes) Kaboul Ekotto
    Parker
    Lennon Modric Bale
    Defoe Adabayour

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29 2011, 08:46

you would drop vdv are he keeps scoring. .

i do like your team though

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30 2011, 22:26

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham defender William Gallas will have a late fitness test on a calf injury.

Steven Pienaar could make his first appearance of the season, but Tom Huddlestone, Michael Dawson and Ledley King are still out.

Defenders Danny Gabbidon and Armand Traore could return to the Queens Park Rangers squad.

Gabbidon was sidelined with a knee injury and Traore has had a thigh complaint but both are in training.

MATCH PREVIEW

The fourth of the 20 London Premier League derbies to be played this season once again has all the ingredients for drama. QPR make the journey of less than 13 miles to White Hart Lane on the back of their first win over Chelsea for 16 years, but they have also experienced the opposite emotion when they were thrashed 6-0 by neighbours Fulham.
    Spurs go into this match bang in-form and looking to extend their unbeaten run to seven matches. The way they have responded to the two opening defeats to the Manchester clubs has been very impressive and it's no coincidence that since Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor arrived they have remained unbeaten and dropped only two points.

I was at Wolves to see them both make their debuts and you could see a difference straight away. Adebayor scored that day and has brought them another option in attack, but it's Parker's influence that can't be underestimated and has been exactly what was required.

He seems to have thrived on the responsibility and will be an important figure in the pace and atmosphere of this match, allowing the likes of Luka Modric, Gareth Bale and the freescoring Rafael van der Vaart the freedom to attack.

I watched QPR win their first game back in the top flight at Everton in August, and strangely half of the side that day won't play at White Hart Lane. In fact, they've used 27 players already this season and most of their new faces have settled in quickly, clearly improving a team that like so many in the Premier League are now searching for consistency.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
    • Spurs did the double over QPR in the last season that Rangers were in the Premier League, winning 1-0 at home and 3-2 at Loftus Road in the 1995-96 campaign.
    • Their most famous meeting came in the 1982 FA Cup final when Tottenham triumphed 1-0 in a replay after the first match had ended 1-1.
    • Tottenham and Rangers have met eight times in the Premier League, with both sides winning three matches each.
    • This is the 48th meeting between the sides. Tottenham have won 18 matches, QPR 13 and there have been 16 draws.

Tottenham
    • Spurs have lost just one of their last 20 Premier League games at White Hart Lane (1-5 v Man City).
    • They have scored at least twice in each of their last six league matches.
    • Rafael van der Vaart is now one shy of equalling the club record for scoring in most successive Premier League games - five - achieved twice by Robbie Keane and once by Teddy Sheringham.
    • Spurs' total of 16 points from eight games is their joint-best start to a Premier League season.
    • Sixteen points from the last 18 is Tottenham's best run of form since January 2005.
    • Emmanuel Adebayor has played against six London clubs in the Premier League and netted at least once against all of them.
    • Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 16 league London derbies at home. (W10, D6).

QPR
    • Half of the goals QPR have conceded this season have been from set pieces, which is the most in the top flight.
    • QPR are one of two Premier League teams yet to score a headed goal this season.
    • Heidar Helguson became the first player to score for QPR in successive top-flight matches since Kevin Gallen in March 1996.
    • Neil Warnock's side have yet to win a league game after conceding the opening goal this season, losing three of four matches when their opponents scored first.
    • Adel Taarabt has failed to score in his last 11 league and cup games for Rangers. His last goal came in a 2-0 win at Watford on 30 April, a result which confirmed QPR as Championship winners. Taarabt has failed to score in 18 previous Premier League appearances (including nine for Tottenham).
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Oct 30 2011, 23:46

Freidel

Walker

King

Kaboul

Ekotto

Lennon

Parker

Modric

Bale

VDV

Adebayor

subs Cudicini Gallas Pinaar Defoe Pav Sandro Townsend
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs QPR Empty Game link

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 31 2011, 02:36

Can you add your game link / Links here please

fangu very much albino
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Oct 31 2011, 03:03

Sky Sports 1
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Oct 31 2011, 03:57

screw that mate , i wouldnt give them the shi-t of my shoe , im watching it on bloodzeed free via skysports

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31 2011, 04:01

We are bossing this game. Goals galore you would hope in the 2nd half. Surely QPR have to attack us now and that will leave space galore. Barton is a cnut, end of. All our boys playing well. So much more solid with Ledley & Kaboul at the back. Redknapp needs to open things up front & attack and go for goals. That ole goal difference at the end of the season could be very important and these are the games we need to be notching it up in . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 10:02