The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Is parker injured? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Is parker injured? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Is parker injured? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Is parker injured? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Is parker injured? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Is parker injured? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Is parker injured? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Is parker injured? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Is parker injured? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Is parker injured? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Is parker injured?

Is parker injured? Empty Is parker injured?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01 2012, 21:30

Just thought i heard on radio five live yesterday that parker has a knee injury, if so anyone got any news on how bad the injury is.? Crying or Very sad
    Bit concerned as we can see the impact he has when playing for us, the difference he has made to the midfield this year is there for all to see.
    Lets hope he is ok for the everton game, we need to keep up the momentum, united and city are tripping up now and again and we have to take advantage.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Is parker injured? Empty Re: Is parker injured?

Post by ionman34 Sun Jan 01 2012, 22:13

One of the guys on the SC site was at the match and spoke to Parker who said he had been carrying the injury from the start.

No further info on the severity so we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, as much as I have been impressed with the way he has brought that extra fire to our midfield, I would be extremely disappointed if we were unable to maintain our form without him, lest we be labelled a 'one man team' in the way the goons are. Our next game is a home one against West Brom(?) so, if we play the same fluid formation that we have done with 2 holding midfielders, I see it as Livermores opportunity to step up to the plate alongside Sandro. From what I have seen he should be good enough to slot in against the likes of WBA.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01 2012, 22:58

ionman34 wrote:One of the guys on the SC site was at the match and spoke to Parker who said he had been carrying the injury from the start.

No further info on the severity so we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, as much as I have been impressed with the way he has brought that extra fire to our midfield, I would be extremely disappointed if we were unable to maintain our form without him, lest we be labelled a 'one man team' in the way the goons are. Our next game is a home one against West Brom(?) so, if we play the same fluid formation that we have done with 2 holding midfielders, I see it as Livermores opportunity to step up to the plate alongside Sandro. From what I have seen he should be good enough to slot in against the likes of WBA.

My mistake ion, everton are on the 11th.
    I dont think we could ever be classed as a one man show ion ! lol, when i look at the quality we have it is everywhere in the team really.
    I get your point , but parker just rules the midfield and guards the defence in doing so, his work rate is amazing.
    As much as i see (on paper) that wba shouldnt be a problem, it seems sometimes that these type of games are.
    Livermore is a great prospect, would be good to see him get a game.
    By the way just looked at the injured players list and parker is penned in as playing on the 3rd, sometimes though that list is completely wrong.
    Happy new year by the way.
    Lew

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 06:56

even more stupid to start him if he carrying an injury. this was bound to happne. ade will be next. he looks nakerd
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:03

Knackered? f*cking knackered? How can they be knackered? We went out of the CC early, out of Europa early. Haven't played in the FA cup yet, how can they be f*cking knackered? What a load of Bollox. Do Arsenal, Manure, City and Chelski look knackered? Rant over.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:19

ade has played every minute of every game. parker even said in the norwich game he was nakerd.

imagine bringin on ade second half yesterday

for all hes good hold up and work rate he cant shoot.
    someone called him the black crouch lol.

did u watch the game baz we had no width. everytime we got ball on edge of our area it was hoof ball. good teams play it out .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:30

Nope, didn't see the game as it happens but I still don't see how any of them can be knackered Lought. like I said the other teams don't look knackered and they're all playing more games than us. So what if Ade has played every minute of every game? He's no different to other players in the Prem. As me and Shear were saying not long ago go back a few years and players the likes of Perryman, Chivers, Greaves etc were playing sixty odd games a season. These are supposed to be fit young athletes today who get far better training and diets than their predecessors got. Knackered my a*se.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:37

game is more demanding now. players cover more ground.

in the old days you could time waste. pass back to the keeper.

man c rotate and they are top. he always rotates hes strikers.

ade has no competion.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:41

As I said Lought, they are better trained and on decent diets. That wasn't the case years ago. It all equals itself out. The Prem is faster because they are fitter.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:42

man city rotated today with a weakened team, saving best for pool game coming up and look what happened to them.you cant take anyone lightly.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:45

the players must say if they werent 100% fit for a game and im sure harry wouldnt force anyone on who said they were knackered. its up to them to speak up, they want to play every game i reckon.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 07:46

with bale allowed to roam anywhere we had nobody down left wing yesterday.

with parker and sandro we had not much creativity

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 08:38

Loughtonlegend wrote:with bale allowed to roam anywhere we had nobody down left wing yesterday.

with parker and sandro we had not much creativity

Bale has two men on him all the time lought...down the left wing, harry is trying a free role with him and it worked against norwich.
    Cant see why you give swansea no credit for fighting for a point, all i have heard about swansea is that they are a good strong home side, no lought you have to say as usual that certain players look knackered, and parker and sandro arent creative.
    As far as i could see harry has stiffened up the midfield with those two as they are ball winners, its then up to modric and bale to do the creative stuff, but swansea battled and it took a goalkeeping error to beat us.
    I am not happy with the goal coming so late, but both the manchester sides lost, perhaps their players are knackered too.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 09:10

i saw qpr play well aganst swansea. swansea rested 6 or 7 players from there last game

harry takes parker of and plays defoe on right lol

who cares how many players bale has on him. if he releses qicker and stop hoggin it then we mite create more chances.

also he left ekotto islated.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 02 2012, 10:02

Swansea have only lost one home game. That was to Manure. That says a lot.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 10:05

Least amount of goals scored or conceded at any ground in all 4 leagues I believe as well. A very hard place to go and get anything but that won't matter to Lought. Team selection & everything else was wrong because we didn't win 16-0 and Pavy score 12 of them . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 10:24

pav cant score if he dont play. last 3 league games pav has 3 goals
    ade has 100 chances and misses lol

did you not read the bit about swansea restin there best players.
    there manager freshin things up and harry didnt

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 10:56

Lought our last 3 league games were aginst Swansea, Norwich & Chelski. Did Pavy score and I missed it ?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:15

he came on aganst chelsa and didnt score. he did come on as a sub and got us the 3 points aganst sunderland. he also scored in the prem game he played before that where he scored 2 goals last game of the season.

he also our only player to score a free kick since about 1980 lol

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:18

So only 1, yes ONE, Premier league goal this season then ? Now if that was Defoe we wouldn't hear the last of it . . . . . lmao

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:32

1 goal but hes not started a prem game.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:1 goal but hes not started a prem game.

So YTF is he injured all the time ? Maybe his lil training ground tweeks are why Adabayour & VdV have to start all the time ? Oh Pavy has another back twinge so no point including him in the squad ? At best with his nasty nosebleeds the best he can hope for is a place on the bench ? Puts a helluva lot of extra work on his team mates with him pulling a sickie every week . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 02 2012, 11:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:1 goal but hes not started a prem game.

All the more reason he should make the most of it when he does then.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 12:06

ye how many games did age go without scoring . ok he holds the ball up well but hes there to score goals and chances we create hes not doing that
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:pav cant score if he dont play. last 3 league games pav has 3 goals
    ade has 100 chances and misses lol

did you not read the bit about swansea restin there best players.
    there manager freshin things up and harry didnt

The truth of the matter is that Pav can't be bothered most of the time. Bang on about his goals all you want but the fact is that the modern game is a team game more than ever and with Pav on the pitch we are, effectively, a 10 man team for the majority of the match.

Adabad was one of the better Spurs players on the pitch against Swansea, his work rate was exceptional once again. Anyone who thinks he's on a par with Crouch is a total fuckwit in all honesty. Forget about the rotation Tosh too, watch them in the next game and you'll see that they're not knackered through over playing. Jesus, the coach trip could have tired them for all we know. I also find it disgusting that Swansea aren't given any credit, they played superbly and never allowed us time or space. Too many of our players under performed on the day and that is the sole reason we didn't take 3 points, f*ck all to do with rotation or tiredness.

Never ceases to amaze me how the same people are always on here looking for reasons to denigrate everything they see. We underperformed and still managed virtually 50/50 on chances and possession.

We gained a point on both the man sand Cheatski, enjoy where we are rather than constantly whingeing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:25