The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Lucky with injuries.? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Lucky with injuries.? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Lucky with injuries.? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Lucky with injuries.? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Lucky with injuries.? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Lucky with injuries.? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Lucky with injuries.? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Lucky with injuries.? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Lucky with injuries.? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Lucky with injuries.? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Lucky with injuries.?

Lucky with injuries.? Empty Lucky with injuries.?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 19:58

Well not really, they are coming thick and fast at the moment, but heres,s the scenario with current injuries to key players.
    Parker and lennon were mentioned as possibles against wba but didnt play, but surely by our next league game on the 11th against everton they should be ok.
    King should be back in the same game in place of the injured gallas.
    Harry said sandro,s torn calf muscle looks a long one.

I still believe that we have to be lucky with injuries to maintain our place in the league.
    Fortunately we do have players coming back, even if we lose king again dawson should be available.

Lucky with injuries.? Empty Re: Lucky with injuries.?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:36

no surprise to see played injurid when we play same players every week
    man c have no injuries just balatele whos ill
    they rotate and they are top of the leagee

sandro not long back from injury and 2 games in 2 today
    galas cant play 2 games that quick

all these could of been avoided if we benced parker and sandro

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:42

Rotate the team then Lought who would you play instead of Modric, Sandro (when fit), Bale, Walker etc?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:no surprise to see played injurid when we play same players every week
    man c have no injuries just balatele whos ill
    they rotate and they are top of the leagee

galas cant play 2 games that quick

all these could of been avoided if we benced parker and sandro

Are you doing this on a mobile lought ? not being funny mate but it is so disjointed.

We dont have the range of players city do to rotate, yes we have a large squad but its hard to replace players like sandro, gallas et al.
    Why bench parker and sandro, they have only played league games anyway.

I know that you are coming from the angle of pav and krancky, both have been injured along with daws and you want to sling them back into a highly competitive league game against a physical side hell bent on surviving a season in the prem, you have to start thinking rationally lought.
    Why doesnt harry do what you ask ? its because we would start losing or drawing games like the wba one.
    The fa cup is a chance to play pav and krancky, dawson and players like bassong.
    Third in the league, still looking good with lennon and king returning along with parker, do you hear me moaning about rotation, and the players love it lought, they dont want a rest, they would soon start moaning if they were dropped.
    Be happy, its a great time to be a spurs fan.............i am lapping it up. Very Happy
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:58

Make your mind up, couple of days ago you was saying rest Parker and play Sandro, like lew says, who do you put in place of them?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 03:07

we could easy fit kranker gio or rose in the team

we have nobody playin on left or right wing.
    get rid of these free role for bale rubbish

start bale and ade on the bench. you play one of parker or sandro then the other is freash. if parker hadnt started aganst swansea then he be ok for last nights game given sandro a rest.

bra
    charlie bassong kaboul rose
    walker san/parker modric kranker
    pav defoe

i doubt that team would lose aganst second string swansea or injury hit west brom.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jan 05 2012, 03:19

i doubt that team would lose aganst second string swansea or injury hit west brom.

Lought, you obviously chose to ignore my previous email.

Swansea do not have a second string team, they have 20 odd squad players of similar ability.

You go on about them rotating their players and if you look at their home record of only conceding
    4 goals all season, that will explain why they have similar ability players to bring in and out of the team.

Spurs or any other team dont have the right to pitch up at places like Swansea and expect to steamroll a very good organised team, no matter who they pitch up with, so stop looking for excuses and take the positives of us being one of the few teams to get a postive result there.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 03:29

its bloody swansea lol how much is there team worth

kranker pav gio bassong cudichini or not rubbish players.

pav played most games in the run in when we got top 4. last season he didnt and we failed
    bassong was in the team when we kept most clean sheets 2 season back yet is now rubbish apprantly

gio best young player at world cup last summer but dont get games.
    kranker won us games last season

i know we cant expect teams to roll over thats why u need to try sumthing differnt.

its easy to stop spurs scoring. stop bale stop modric thats it.

kranker gio pav give us diff options.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jan 05 2012, 03:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:its bloody swansea lol how much is there team worth

kranker pav gio bassong cudichini or not rubbish players.

pav played most games in the run in when we got top 4. last season he didnt and we failed
    bassong was in the team when we kept most clean sheets 2 season back yet is now rubbish apprantly

gio best young player at world cup last summer but dont get games.
    kranker won us games last season

i know we cant expect teams to roll over thats why u need to try sumthing differnt.

its easy to stop spurs scoring. stop bale stop modric thats it.

kranker gio pav give us diff options.

But they are not better then what we have actually playing

Stop Spurs scoring?

Why are we third with a game in hand?

Whether we win by one goal or 3, outcome is the same 3 points

No good thrashing some teams by 2/3/4 goals and losing by the odd goal and drawing most games.

On occaision harry has played the above and they have not been good enough.

Dont get me started about Bassong, gave away the goal that lead to Rubins winner and
    was crap against Salonika and you want him to play against prem teams

And it dont matter what Swanseas team is worth, stop moving the goalposts, they can chop and change their
    squad because it doesnt weaken the team.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 04:14

yes because we have no reserve league so they wernt match fit.
    its why galas corluka looked awfull in our uefa cup game.

its why kranker took a while last night
    bring back the reserve league

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 06:20

lought, i could understand your line of reasoning if spurs were losing, and you know i dont want the team changed, i like it the way it is, i dont like sandro, parker, lennon or gallas out injured, i would like defoe to play a bit more but wtf, you have your wish that he is now mainly an impact player.

i remember many a game where pav and gio have come on, only to be disappointed, believe me harry has it right, in third place and in theory level with man utd if we win the game in hand.
    Stop moaning you whinger, and enjoy the best season for years for spurs.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jan 05 2012, 06:55

What the biggest load of bollox u ever have said Lought or one of them City rotate and they r top of the league look at there bench boys to ours De Jong - Livermore Nasri-Giovani A Johnson-Kranky Decko- Pav thats just a few i think if Arry had them at is disposal he would rotate FFS still cant believe u said that beggars belief

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 10:09

nasri not been any good since the first half of last season with the goons. de jong lol so hes better then parker and sandro

adam johnon was so out hes depth aganst sunderland it was embarrsing. thts why he never starts for man c.

ok dekzo would get in our team.

kranker defoe pav gio dawson i would say we have a better sqaud

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jan 05 2012, 19:42

Lought where on earth did i mention De Jong is better than Parker and Sandro ? Nasri is class hes gone a bit bobbins till he starts against us or here we go again 1 player has a bad game and he so crap A Johnson whatever

if we had A johnson Nasri Dekzo and De Jong on the bench instead of Livermore Pav Giovani think Arry would rotate. They have all been given a chance the reserves they not stepped up Livermore maybe too new but the others come on

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 21:43

MarkA249 wrote:Lought where on earth did i mention De Jong is better than Parker and Sandro ? Nasri is class hes gone a bit bobbins till he starts against us or here we go again 1 player has a bad game and he so crap A Johnson whatever

if we had A johnson Nasri Dekzo and De Jong on the bench instead of Livermore Pav Giovani think Arry would rotate. They have all been given a chance the reserves they not stepped up Livermore maybe too new but the others come on

I think you have that right mark, harry cant rotate with those players you have mentioned, however i would have liked to have seen townsend and carroll maybe slipped in now and again, especially if we have an injured player like lennon out, carroll is such a busy player and townsend has pace , but obviously harry knows his players and when they are ready.......i believe townsend is out on loan now anyway.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 05:44

nasria was rubbish for half the season for arsneal and so far for man c hes had more bad games then good ones.

adam johnson stil cant get in man c team.

our sqaud is better.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Jan 06 2012, 08:06

Yes Lought thats Man Citys team and they cant get in if we had they would simple and if our squad was better we would be top of league and rotate we have the 2nd best squad behind city

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content