The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
THFC & Proud EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
THFC & Proud EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
THFC & Proud EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
THFC & Proud EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
THFC & Proud EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
THFC & Proud EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
THFC & Proud EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
THFC & Proud EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
THFC & Proud EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

THFC & Proud Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
djfitzo
ArnieArdiles
6 posters

THFC & Proud

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

THFC & Proud Empty THFC & Proud

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jan 25 2012, 20:03

The pride I feel

Well it's now Wednesday morning and for the first time in two days I've woken up and the first thought into my head has not been the loss the at the Eithad Stadium ... Sad I know some may say, that with all the injustices going on in the world and that concerns for family should be foremost , my thoughts should be with the millionaires that kick a ball around on a field and yet it is so.

This morning I'm fine with it all, actually I was fine with it all when the bent, Mr Webb blew his final whistle at around 3.30pm on Sunday January the 22nd, 2012. But I don't mind admitting that, at the time , I was pacing up and down the living room cursing the Football Gods for what they had just served up to me and the Spurs family.
    The cat had long since departed the building , he knows me to well , in fact even the fishes in the aquarium were all nervously huddled together behind the model shipwreck that I had placed in the tank last summer . The ManUre missus was at work and the house was empty apart from this crest fallen Spurs fan .

In half an hour , the Woolwich Goons were to kick-off their game and their inevitable defeat would but surely cheer me up.. Well no , it didn't take that long ...

I lit up a roll-up and walked into the garden and ran over in my head at what I had just seen ..
    We had taken on a team that had been bankrolled to the tune of a near billion pounds in the last three years . To put it into perspective, our team was put together financially, at less than a quarter of our Sunday's opponent's total loss, just for last year!

We had competed against a team who's home record thus far this season had smashed all previous League records .. I have been watching football for 40 years now and never before can I recall any of the championship winning teams doing the same , not at Anfield , Highbury , Old Trafford, Elland Road or Stamford Bridge...

Played 10 , won 10, goals scored 31 , goals conceded 4 .
    Some may point to the fact that they'd lost their last two cup games on home soil .. However in their defeat to ManUre they were down to 10 players for a near 75 minutes and still very near got a richly deserved draw. The Liverpool loss in the Carling cup was put down to the fact that it were their first game without Kompany and Yaya Toure who was with the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations AND David Silva. It was described by their manager as their worse performance in his time there and I agreed it were an abberation that wouldn't soon happen again. Besides, they were due to play a much bigger game on home soil in ten days time..

And what a big game it was . We went there third in the league taking on this obscene project that has totally disregarded any form of financial fundamentals. A project that makes the Abramovich Chav investment look rather pauperized and yet we stood toe to toe with it. I were upset in the manner of our cruel defeat , our customary conceding from a corner just as much as JD's miss at the death. But by the time I stubbed my cigarette out, my pride in Tottenham Hotspur Football Club was still burning bright and it shall remain forever so.

When Citeh came to WHL earlier in the season and thumped our sorry asses 5-1 we regrouped and went on a great run winning ten of our next eleven games so I'm here hoping the players use this painful result to go on a similar run ... The faint hope we could win the league was always a faint hope but there is still so much to play for.
    I'm hoping Yids all around the globe still believe as I believe in our players , I believe they can do it...
    COYS!!

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
    Billy Nick..

P.S. this is a THFC positive vibe thread , please add your positivity . Moaning comments stay away! ...

COYS!

djfitzo
    International
    International

THFC & Proud Empty Re: THFC & Proud

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:12

ArnieArdiles wrote:The pride I feel

Well it's now Wednesday morning and for the first time in two days I've woken up and the first thought into my head has not been the loss the at the Eithad Stadium ... Sad I know some may say, that with all the injustices going on in the world and that concerns for family should be foremost , my thoughts should be with the millionaires that kick a ball around on a field and yet it is so.

This morning I'm fine with it all, actually I was fine with it all when the bent, Mr Webb blew his final whistle at around 3.30pm on Sunday January the 22nd, 2012. But I don't mind admitting that, at the time , I was pacing up and down the living room cursing the Football Gods for what they had just served up to me and the Spurs family.
    The cat had long since departed the building , he knows me to well , in fact even the fishes in the aquarium were all nervously huddled together behind the model shipwreck that I had placed in the tank last summer . The ManUre missus was at work and the house was empty apart from this crest fallen Spurs fan .

In half an hour , the Woolwich Goons were to kick-off their game and their inevitable defeat would but surely cheer me up.. Well no , it didn't take that long ...

I lit up a roll-up and walked into the garden and ran over in my head at what I had just seen ..
    We had taken on a team that had been bankrolled to the tune of a near billion pounds in the last three years . To put it into perspective, our team was put together financially, at less than a quarter of our Sunday's opponent's total loss, just for last year!

We had competed against a team who's home record thus far this season had smashed all previous League records .. I have been watching football for 40 years now and never before can I recall any of the championship winning teams doing the same , not at Anfield , Highbury , Old Trafford, Elland Road or Stamford Bridge...

Played 10 , won 10, goals scored 31 , goals conceded 4 .
    Some may point to the fact that they'd lost their last two cup games on home soil .. However in their defeat to ManUre they were down to 10 players for a near 75 minutes and still very near got a richly deserved draw. The Liverpool loss in the Carling cup was put down to the fact that it were their first game without Kompany and Yaya Toure who was with the Ivory Coast at the Africa Cup of Nations AND David Silva. It was described by their manager as their worse performance in his time there and I agreed it were an abberation that wouldn't soon happen again. Besides, they were due to play a much bigger game on home soil in ten days time..

And what a big game it was . We went there third in the league taking on this obscene project that has totally disregarded any form of financial fundamentals. A project that makes the Abramovich Chav investment look rather pauperized and yet we stood toe to toe with it. I were upset in the manner of our cruel defeat , our customary conceding from a corner just as much as JD's miss at the death. But by the time I stubbed my cigarette out, my pride in Tottenham Hotspur Football Club was still burning bright and it shall remain forever so.

When Citeh came to WHL earlier in the season and thumped our sorry asses 5-1 we regrouped and went on a great run winning ten of our next eleven games so I'm here hoping the players use this painful result to go on a similar run ... The faint hope we could win the league was always a faint hope but there is still so much to play for.
    I'm hoping Yids all around the globe still believe as I believe in our players , I believe they can do it...
    COYS!!

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."
    Billy Nick..

P.S. this is a THFC positive vibe thread , please add your positivity . Moaning comments stay away! ...

COYS!

Great post Arnie, the turnaround in fortunes in the last 3 years under Harry and a astute Chairman is remarkable and as you say without the massive bankrolling of an Arab oil family.

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:37

Quite right Arnie we proved that we are able to take on the best team in the league, deserve more than we got and played better football. However it still annoys me that the thug at the centre of the controversy has imo got off lightly. 4 match ban for a deliberate stamp, didn't Paul Davis get suspended for 9 games for throwing a punch, didn't Cantone get banned for 9 months for kicking an idiot. Now I read in this mornings paper that he's being persecuted in this country. Oh poor love, and his management team saying it looked bad but not sure he caught Parker. Christ it was blatant, dangerous and particularly cowardly. I just wish Parker would bring an assault charge cos personally I'm still spitting feathers.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:50

nice post arnie.

as for that thug im surprised he has got banned. not one our our players complaind. also how lescott got away with it is beyound me.

these refs gives reds to incidents involving smaller teams without seeing the incident. did u see the red card i think it was wolves got at arsenal.

i dont like the way refs can choose what they can and cant see.
    another thing is english players get away with things. rooney has to kill someone for an english ref to send him off
    same as gerrard and lumpard

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 00:28

Top post Arnie. I got over the disapointment quite quickly. Seeing a performance like I did from when we went 2-0 down and a seething sense of injustice do wonders to my moral . . . .

Last edited by VisionarySound on Thu Jan 26 2012, 01:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spheelin mishsteak)
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jan 26 2012, 01:09

Well the game is done now , guys I were just wondering whether you all feel we will bounce back from the heartbreak...

I don't see us winning the league from here on in and prior to Sunday's game I only gave us an outsiders chance...

Buuuuuuuut Smile if we did, it would be the greatest achievement in modern day football would it not ? Smile

I think we'd have to win at least 13 of our remaining games , with the ManUre game being amongst those and even then, the two Mancs would have to trip up majorly ...

I'm just interested on your views in how you all see the Spurs from here on in ....

There are some writing us off now, but I'm optimistic the team will bounce back and put in a good showing for the remainder of the season....
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jan 26 2012, 02:34

ArnieArdiles wrote:Well the game is done now , guys I were just wondering whether you all feel we will bounce back from the heartbreak...

I don't see us winning the league from here on in and prior to Sunday's game I only gave us an outsiders chance...

Buuuuuuuut Smile if we did, it would be the greatest achievement in modern day football would it not ? Smile

I think we'd have to win at least 13 of our remaining games , with the ManUre game being amongst those and even then, the two Mancs would have to trip up majorly ...

I'm just interested on your views in how you all see the Spurs from here on in ....

There are some writing us off now, but I'm optimistic the team will bounce back and put in a good showing for the remainder of the season....

Well after the travesty that was Foygate at the Brittania, we went on another run, so why not

Citeh have Chelski and Manure at home and Arsenal away
    Manure have Liverpool home and us Citeh and Chelski away

so on paper Citeh have the easiest run in, but they do have some tricky away games against relegation threatened clubs
    and Swansea away which will be tough.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 05:04

Long way to go yet. Who knows? Plenty of twists and turns to come yet.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jan 26 2012, 05:25

Cracking post that Arnie mate 1 of the better posts iv read of late. Will we bouce back?? you bet we will and am still confident we can push City and United all the way and cut that points gap they have opened up now!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 05:44

Top, top post arnie. REPPED.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jan 26 2012, 07:22

Post of the Year so far Arnie.

Personally I'm gutted that we only have Watford to play next. I see the team looking for blood now and it kinda p*sses me off that it is an FA Cup game where they'll be looking for it first.

Right now I'm hoping that they lose the plot and want to tear the throats out of every team they play from now until the end of the season .......... 'Cos that's what I feel like.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jan 26 2012, 07:27

Ooops sorry Arnie mate, Rep from me too, keep forgeting they have made a return!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:34

Cheers for the reps guys and back at yous .....
    It was Loughtan's post match posts that inspired me Smile

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:52

good arnie glad i helped you to write a great post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:55