The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

harry

harry Empty harry

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 01:21

Redknapp ready to take England job part-time

Thursday 16th February 2012, 2:20am
    FOOTBALL
    FRANK DALLERES

TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp admits he would be willing to take the England job part-time until the end of the season, while remaining in charge at White Hart Lane.

But the overwhelming favourite to succeed Fabio Capello insists he would not take the job now if it meant having to abandon Spurs’ hugely promising season.

“Part time? I think in the short-term it’s possible with the European Championship, but in the long term it’s not possible to manage a club team and a national team. It’s a full-time job,” said Redknapp, who acknowledged he was the choice of public and pundits alike. “I’d be a liar if I said I wasn’t the popular choice – I know I am, it’s been in every paper every day.

“But it’s not an easy one. I have a good job, I work with good people, I have a good team and the fans have been fantastic to me. So to walk away now when we’re in such a good position wouldn’t be fair on Tottenham.”

Redknapp has guided Tottenham to third in the Premier League and the fifth round of the FA Cup. He also led them to a first Champions League qualification in 2009-10.

The Football Association is expected to approach Spurs about Redknapp replacing Capello, who resigned last week over a dispute with the governing body. FA?chiefs need someone in place soon to prepare for Euro 2012, which starts in June.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=31473&start=1#ixzz1mYRp40CJ