The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
Boltjean
anicoll5
vis
BazSpur
8 posters

Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. Empty Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Post by BazSpur Thu May 03 2012, 03:15

Happy Retirement Judas Scum. An Open Letter.

Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. Judas_1009843c
    Despite not having played for 409 days, Campbell has crawled out of his
    hole to announce he is retiring from football. Every time he played
    against us, he was subject to abuse. Homophobic & racist comments
    aside, he deserved it. The world's media and by osmosis, the world,
    fails to understand why exactly he was treated like he was. In an
    attempt to educate those who are not educated in the subject, it is not
    simply the fact that he played for Spurs and then Arsenal. It's more
    than that...

A nurtured product of the White Hart Lane academy
    system, Campbell made his Spurs debut against Chelsea in December 1992.
    He captained Tottenham to League Cup glory in 1999 but at the end of the
    2000/2001 season Campbell's contract expired. Spurs had offered him a
    contract which would have made him the club's highest paid player ever,
    but after months of negotiations and despite several public assurances
    that he would stay at Spurs including in an interview with the Spurs
    Monthly magazine that he would never play for Arsenal, he had run his
    contract down and Campbell joined our biggest rivals Arsenal, on a free
    transfer.

From a financial point of view, it was a sh*tty way to treat the club
    that had developed and nurtured him into one of the best center backs in
    the world. He could have gone anywhere, and for multiple millions of
    pounds going some way paying back the investment Tottenham had put into
    him. Not to mention giving the club the oppourtunity to replace him with
    another high calibre player.

I get that football is football, it's a cut-throat business. But from an
    emotional point of view, he was a Tottenham legend. He still would have
    been if he had gone anywhere else. But a combination of him saying he
    wouldn't leave, wouldn't ever play for Arsenal and then running his
    contract down and joining Arsenal on a free was just a massive slap in
    the face to those fans that had worshipped him.

Sol, you would have been a Spurs legend if you'd stayed, you still would
    have been if you'd left the country on a free, you probably even would
    have been if you'd gone to Arsenal and been honest about wanting to play
    Champions League from the start. It would have been a bitter pill to
    swallow, but we would have accepted that. But you didn't. You screwed
    the club, you screwed the fans, dug your own grave and have had to
    suffer the consequences.

Happy retirement you Judas Scum.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. Empty Re: Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Post by BazSpur Thu May 03 2012, 03:21

I think the writer of that article sums up the feelings against Campbell perfectly
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 03 2012, 03:51

Let's hope he fades into obscurity counting his 30 pieces of silver . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 03 2012, 03:56

I was having a look at your Club Player of the Year since the mid 90s

1996 Sol Campbell
    1997 Sol Campbell
    1998 David Ginola
    1999 Stephen Carr
    2000 Stephen Carr
    2001 Neil Sullivan
    2002 Simon Davies
    2003 Robbie Keane
    2004 Jermain Defoe
    2005–06 Robbie Keane
    2006–07 Dimitar Berbatov
    2007–08 Robbie Keane
    2008–09 Aaron Lennon
    2009–10 Michael Dawson
    2010–11 Luka Modrić

My God you dont half fall out with players
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu May 03 2012, 05:11

Believe me I can understand how you all feel about Campbell but I think he was one of the best central defenders this club has had. My first choice?, hard to choose between Norman and England, I think I would go for England then Norman. I would put Campbell as my third choice simply because I think he was a more solid defender than Ledley although of course injury has stopped Ledley playing to his full potential but I would still go with Campbell being my third choice for one of the greatest central defenders the club has ever had.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu May 03 2012, 05:35

I don't think Campbell falls into the category of GREAT Len , greatness is not judged by how one performs on the pitch but how one performs on & off the pitch , he stabbed this club in the back , campbell was a good defender but not Great , greatness is earned .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 03 2012, 06:04

Seems to me Len is making a fair point about Campbell's contribution over the eight seasons he turned out for you

I appreciate most Spuds fans would like to erase that contribution but at the time he was your top defender
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 03 2012, 08:19

He was indeed Nic and alleged he was Spurs to the core, but he took his 30 pieces of silver and like his namesake, a certain Mt Iscarriot, now has to live with the negative feelings of many kindered souls who follow the same belief system & who found his actions distasteful to say the least. . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 03 2012, 08:27

The big question remains Vis is why the contract ran down to zero

Extraordinary

Ask Sugar - or was it Levy ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 03 2012, 08:28

I echo the writer of the above article once again.

Happy retirement you Judas Scum.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 03 2012, 08:31

The contract ran down because scumball kept refusing to sign a new one. Even more loathesome then John Terry at his very worst, but at least Terry has shown loyalty to his club . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 03 2012, 08:34

Wonder what the goons think of Cashley? Oh hold on weren't they screaming Judas Scum on the goon forums? PMSL. At least they got money for him.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 03 2012, 08:46

As the original writer stated if scumball had of been honest and moved on with dignity he would always have held a place in the hearts of supporters but because he acted in such an appaling manner he must surely realise how fans feel ? Not him though. He has his 30 pieces of silver and maybe, just maybe, they bring him comfort . . . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 03 2012, 08:49

I always felt that his most productive period was when he was at Notts County. At least he managed to quell the urge to cross the Trent and sign for Forest . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 03 2012, 10:23

vis wrote:I always felt that his most productive period was when he was at Notts County. At least he managed to quell the urge to cross the Trent and sign for Forest . . . . . .

Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 348204 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 348204 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 348204 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 348204 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 348204 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 348204
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu May 03 2012, 14:34

Boltjean wrote:Believe me I can understand how you all feel about Campbell but I think he was one of the best central defenders this club has had. My first choice?, hard to choose between Norman and England, I think I would go for England then Norman. I would put Campbell as my third choice simply because I think he was a more solid defender than Ledley although of course injury has stopped Ledley playing to his full potential but I would still go with Campbell being my third choice for one of the greatest central defenders the club has ever had.

He's not fit to lace King's boots. King was the best in the World of his generation and only injury prevented him from proving it to the entire World. I've had the privelege of watching some of the greatest defenders the World has ever seen and King can take pride of place in their company.

Judas wouldn't even get a footnote.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 03 2012, 17:05

Here, here ion.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 03 2012, 23:40

Bit difficult to know quite where Ledley fitted in as he played so rarely at the highest level, internationally or in club football - good player certainly but not really one of the greats

Perhaps Sol and Ledley can have a joint retirement party - I cant see Ledley getting another contract can you ?

Such is the two way street known as "loyalty"
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 03 2012, 23:45

BazSpur wrote:Wonder what the goons think of Cashley? Oh hold on weren't they screaming Judas Scum on the goon forums? PMSL. At least they got money for him.

Very true Baz - probably as many thick as shite Arsenal supporters screaming Judas as at Spuds

Some supporters get a much bigger hard on abusing players than actually watching football or supporting their team - foaming at the mouth with their racists and homophobic filth from 27 rows back

Put em one to one with Sol or Ashley and its "Ooohh pleased to meet you Mr Campbell"

Another of the great things about modern football

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu May 03 2012, 23:54

vis wrote:I always felt that his most productive period was when he was at Notts County. At least he managed to quell the urge to cross the Trent and sign for Forest . . . . . .

lol that made me laugh Vis ..

Judas would've had no qualms if Notts Forest had been taken over by the oil men the following season.. In fact he probably would've had Sky Andrew his agent on to it as soon as...

Judas , Lord Haw-Haw, whatever.... All the same , the lowest of the lowest ..

Just discussing Scumball makes me puke 2
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu May 03 2012, 23:57

Ledders every time over scumball ....
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Jun 30 2012, 06:04

Oh yeah you've got over it

Obviously

That why you started the thread

Um ?

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Jun 30 2012, 10:02

A Great Defender.

But Not a Great Spurs Player.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Jul 01 2012, 04:17

Ye Gods where did this thread wake it's self up from ?
    Ah a goner with a penchant for Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733 Judas has retired. GOOD RIDDANCE. 912733. . . . . . . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 01 2012, 04:42

A goner fishing Vis? Heaven forbid. They are the same on facebook too. They must be cut from the same cloth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 12:35