The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ins and outs EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ins and outs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ins and outs EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ins and outs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ins and outs EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ins and outs EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ins and outs EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ins and outs EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ins and outs EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ins and outs Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
DJSR
LOBO
Boltjean
7 posters

ins and outs

ins and outs Empty ins and outs

Post by Guest Tue May 08 2012, 04:42

who would you keep

cudichini can go
    jenas bassong saha defoe .

i would keep caulker

i would try and but a good keeper
    krull looks good hopefully get Vertonghen

i would try and sign ade but we need somone else whos going to compete for hes place. somone like lorentie

then i would buy back adel tarrabt and play him in vdv poistion . the guy is not a winger hes an attackin mideilder with vison and can cake free kicks and corners.

hows that for getting with of dead wood for quailty
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

ins and outs Empty Re: ins and outs

Post by Boltjean Tue May 08 2012, 05:24

I like the idea of bringing Tarrabt back Lought. I have only seen him on MOTD but he looks very good imo. Against Stoke and in other games he showed he is a wicked striker of the ball pluss his passing looked first class. Would also agree we need a top class keeper, and I do not know if you have seen this, Spurs are thinking about putting in a bid for West Ham keeper Green, I am not sure if he can be classed as a top keeper, what do you all think. I also believe we need a top class central defender, I am afraid I am not a fan of Dawson, not solid enough imo. I can not stand John Terry but feel we need a player of his calibre.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue May 08 2012, 05:39

Its seems we have had the same team at Tottenham for eternity , I think we need to buy more quality at the back and maybe a new striker and midfielder , we need real world class players if we want to compete but we know that probably won't happen due to wages ,we have never been a big spending club nor have we paid top wages , unless we sell the club to some arabs we won't be competing with the likes of chelski & city .

Talking of Adel Taraabt I can't ever see him coming back, but in his defence I have to say he is starting to show signs of maturity on the field, it seems sparky has a lot of faith in him also and the past couple months he has come on leaps and bounds and starting to show real promise, but not for us , to much water under the bridge .

Post by Guest Tue May 08 2012, 05:57

caulker been great for swansea and they dont park the bus so i think he derserves to be in the sqaud.

i think galas has done ok of late but we need to let either him or king go. prob should be king.

i dont mind keeping bentley for when lennon out but wouldnt lose any sleep if he did go.

whats peoples thoughts on brad

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue May 08 2012, 07:04

i think brad has at least another year in him, but would still invest in a young keeper for the future.

Our midfield is fine, i would bring in 2 quality defenders & a striker. Vertonghen & Haangaland would do and Llorentte.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue May 08 2012, 07:48

apparently their all after vertonhen but he wants to come to spurs as their his favoured team . lets hope levy dont drag his heels trying to bargain. get him in and 2 more and were sorted early in the close season rather than joining in a bun fight for players who have been one hit wonders in the euros
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 08 2012, 08:44

I'm going to keep this realistic Smile

Goalkeepers - out, Gomes Crying or Very sad

Any from Vorm , Ben Foster, El Habsi ...

Defenders - out, Gallas & King Crying or Very sad

Caulker coming back and Vertonghen would be good ..

Midfielders - out, Pienaar, Niko, Jenas, Bentley, Gio..

Any or all of these would be good Smile ..

Ajax Amsterdam winger Christian Eriksen.
    Liverpool's Raheem Sterling.
    FC Basel winger Xherdan Shaqiri.
    Borussia Dortmund's Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa.
    Wigans , Moses.

Forwards, out Ade,Saha & Defoe.( good work there Harry & Levy)

In ... Leandro Damião ( fingers crossed )
    Another decent top striker , maybe Huntalaar. An older head like Grant Holt and draft in one of our youngsters like Lancaster or Coulibaly to make the front four we'd need.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 12 2012, 01:40

I know someone, who knows someone, who knows a Scotsman, who happens to know a Scotsman at Old Trafford fairly well..

Don't shoot the messenger silent but the Scotsman at Old Trafford is hellbent on signing Modric and has been offering us money plus, Berbatov and their reserve goalie Anders Lindegaard....
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat May 12 2012, 02:32

Out:

Gomes and Alnwick out.

Nelsen and Khomalo let go.

Jenas, Bentley and Johnny Two Saints gone.

Defoe and Saha out.

In:

Don't think we have a prayer with Krul and Ashley would want Levy's first born as a down payment anyway just so he can brag about it.
    I'm hearing great things about Lloris and Martin Stekellenburg (who is unhappy ay Roma apparently) and Vorm is a realistic possibility. Keep Brad for one more season whilst we aclimatise the new keeper to the English game, unless it's Vorm.

Vertonghen, Caulker and Naughton in defence (What a facking awesome backline that would be hey?)
    Midfield doesn't really need new blood, just better coaching and tactics. But I'd take Hazard all day long.

Strikers - The age old question for far too long really. We have a number of names already mentioned like Damiao, Adabad and Rossi (out for the early part of next season) as well as KJH but now I am hearing that Cavani is back on the radar as well as Luuk de Jong. I won't pretend to know how good these guys are, as I haven't seen much of them, but I like the sound of De Jong whilst Cavani has been sh*t hot for a while. Huntelaar has been mustard all season but there have been many reservations on his ability to intergrate. Sod that, the guy scores for fun.
    Personally, going on reports I've read by people who's judgement I respect, Cavani would be a definite for me with any one of the others mentioned, mostly because Cavani is reputed to be a very creative striker. Maybe Huntelaar to partner him as, with a creative striker, a clinical finisher is of a higher priority. De Jong shouldn't be too expensive to pprovide extra incentive to perform up front whilst Kane can take up the 4th spot. All this, of course, is dependant on whether Adabad stays with us. If he does then replace KJH with him.

So, 3 strikers, no midfielders (unless Santa delivers Micky's boy wrapped in a bow), one defender and a keeper. The strikers need to be done early if we go with that many (even if Adabad stays) as that will be the biggest shock to the system. If we get Verts next week (fingers crossed) then the entire preseason will bed the back 4 in. The midfield will have little of a shock.

That is as I see our needs anyway. Fairly realistic (Hazard being the possible exception), all definite improvements on what we have and all should be within our means.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat May 12 2012, 03:20

I still think hard to predict if we dont get Champs League

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content