The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Sick of all this EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Sick of all this EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Sick of all this EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Sick of all this EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Sick of all this EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sick of all this EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sick of all this EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Sick of all this EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Sick of all this EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sick of all this Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ionman34
ArnieArdiles
Boltjean
7 posters

Sick of all this

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Sick of all this Empty Sick of all this

Post by Boltjean Fri May 11 2012, 22:18

I have read that Barcelona have agreed a 40 million Euro deal for Bale according to a Spanish paper. Add this to talk that Modric still wants to leave, Ade might leave for the Red Bulls and Defoe saying he has had enough and might have to leave through lack of playing time, the future for this club IF ALL THIS IS TRUE does not look good imo. The money we get for Bale, Modric and Defoe does not mean a thing to me, it is no good getting rid of quality players and then bringing in a couple of new players, we should be bringing in new players to strengthen the team we have to show the likes of Bale that we have ambition. Levy must do his best to hang on to these players and tell them you stay. On top of this we read King is to have another operation on his knee but still has a future at the club, does this make sence keeping a player that can not even train?. It's about time this club got it's priorities right. Rant over, sorry.

Sick of all this Empty Re: Sick of all this

Post by Guest Sat May 12 2012, 00:27

you cant blame defoe for wanting out.
    harry rates him so much that he got saha in and played him more then defoe

beside i would not lose sleep if defoe went as hes a very averge striker
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 12 2012, 01:18

Lought, I do not blame him one bit, he is getting the Pav treatment being left on the bench when we hit a bad run. If he does go and on top of that Ade goes to America then I hope and pray Harry comes up with top class replacements, the only problem here is top class players will cost big money in transfer fees and wages, and as Levy will not pay top wages that means we will probably not get better players than these two. I see Harry has made a statement saying he does not think Bale is going to Barcelona, and he would not have thought he would leave, THINK and THOUGHT, does'nt Harry know whats going on?.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 12 2012, 01:29

It's inevitable Bale, Modric will be linked with other clubs , no point stressing ourselves about it.. crazydriver
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat May 12 2012, 01:53

Len, Marca have stretched the truth in much the same way that the tabloids do in England.
    The truth of the matter is that the Barca board have sanctioned a 40 million Euro bid for Bale, roughly 32 million pounds. Levy will politely cough, excuse himself from the room, then roll around on the floor laughing for a bit.

Once he's over that he'll return, thank them for their interest, then inform them that 32 million is a nice but rather low opening bid.

When they ask how much more his eyebrows will make a valiant attempt to replicate the hair he no longer has whilst he quietly hints that it needs to be a lot higher.

At this point Barca will thank him for his time and leave, telling the press that they never pay that kind of money for any player.

Bale will then be told that he is an integral part of the clubs immediate future but will be allowed to go once we have secured an adequate replacement.

Bale will go eventually and that is fair, considering they are the best team in the World, who wouldn't? The fact that it is Barca makes it a lot easier, them not being PL. We have seen that they are prepared to wait up to a couple of seasons to get their man, the Fabregas situation has shown that, ample time for us to find a good replacement for Bale.

Defoe, whilst he has been a good servant to us, is too limited a striker to remain with us and expect a starting berth. He should be thanked and allowed to go to a team that will give him what he wants.

As for Ade, this is thefirst I've heard of this but it smacks of BS to be honest. The AFL is the burial ground for ageing Footballers so I can't see him bothering with that when the Premiership, and CL, can offer him far more.

Back to Modric. He won't go this season either until, or unless, we secure a likely replacement.

I'm rather optimistic about this Summer in all honesty. I think Vertonghen will come to us, from everything I'm reading, nad have a gut feeling that our striker situation really will be resolved this time.

But then I am the eternal optimist where Spurs are concerned.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 12 2012, 02:07

Agree with Ion, Bale to Barca this summer is not going to happen ...

The Chav's offered 40 million for Modric who has less years on his contract remaining than Bale does and Levy didn't sell.

Bale is what Barca need, their left flank is their weakest side. But I think they will buy the Valencia full-back Jordi Alba for a pittance, who is soon out of contract and has just broken into the Spanish national team...

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 12 2012, 02:08

They just said on a news bulletin that Arry has said that rumours of a deal with Barca for Bale is not true. It's Sick of all this 901187
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat May 12 2012, 06:29

Tell you what guys if Bale goes to Barca i will be over the moon, do we really want another berbatov playing for a rival team , ok the story might be bullsh*t but cmon selling are best
    players abroad is the right move ..if it comes to it

Post by Guest Sat May 12 2012, 06:57

if i had to sell one of bale or modric i would sell bale.

i think hes not had a great game in a long time and like
    arnie said to many of our players play for personal gain and would rather take a shot from tight angle then pass to a guy that hes a tap in

but having said that bale still young
    so if we do sell it should be abroad
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat May 12 2012, 07:03

@Ion. I just so love it when you answer like that . . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat May 12 2012, 17:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:if i had to sell one of bale or modric i would sell bale.

arnie said to many of our players play for personal gain and would rather take a shot from tight angle then pass to a guy that hes a tap in

Lought he set up 2 against Bolton 2 games ago?

Whenever ive heard him speak (not what the papers print) he sounds like a very grounded young man and if anyone asked me if I wanted to play for Barca, what do you think I would say?

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat May 12 2012, 22:41

djfitzo wrote:

Whenever ive heard him speak (not what the papers print) he sounds like a very grounded young man and if anyone asked me if I wanted to play for Barca, what do you think I would say?

Is the Pope Catholic?

Do Bears sh*t in the woods?

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead?

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen Swallow? (FINALLY got a Python quote in there)

I did smoke Marijuana but I never inhaled?

None of the above?

Well you did ask!
    tongue 2
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 12 2012, 23:51

lol!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun May 13 2012, 07:13

ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Is the Pope Catholic?

Do Bears sh*t in the woods?

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead?

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen Swallow? (FINALLY got a Python quote in there)

I did smoke Marijuana but I never inhaled?

None of the above?

African or European Swallow Ion ? Oh yeah . . . .
    Sick of all this 348204 . . . . .. . .

Well you did ask!
    Sick of all this 41347

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 17:00