The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Last minute deal again? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Last minute deal again? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Last minute deal again? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Last minute deal again? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Last minute deal again? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Last minute deal again? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Last minute deal again? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Last minute deal again? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Last minute deal again? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Last minute deal again? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
seebee1944
Maximus
anicoll5
shearspur
BazSpur
LOBO
10 posters

Last minute deal again?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Last minute deal again? Empty Last minute deal again?

Post by LOBO Fri May 25 2012, 20:05

Just read by several sources Vertonghen may move to arselol , because we are dragging our heels , whether this is true or not remains to be seen , but i just get this gut wrenching feeling we are going to let this one get away , and then we will end up again chasing stupid unrealistic signings like Tevez & Beckham.

I don't know about you but I want our signings in the bag early and not after the euro's , whether it's money or the asking fee that is holding up the move or something else , but the guy has stated he wants to move so whats the problem ,does harry rate him, or does arry want someone else Michael Owen perhaps?

As a club , do we understand the transfer market , I have asked myself this question time and time again, due mainly to the circus that is the transfer market , we have a history, a record of botched last minute deals , what's different this time round , will we see the new defender and new strikers we so desperately want , or are we going to have yet another summer or nearly signings and end up with another batch of loaned players.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Last minute deal again? Empty Re: Last minute deal again?

Post by BazSpur Fri May 25 2012, 21:49

I have this familiar sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that we have seen this, and done this all before. As I posted on another thread Levy tries to get the selling club to drop the price every time and we end up with no one. Every year we get rumours of big players coming to the Lane and it never materialises. I am sick of it. It will be the same old same old. How long have we been told we are after Leandro? Where is he? There are a whole plethora of names that have been or are now being linked to us. it won't go anywhere, it never does. I am sick of reading about done deals and nothing materialising. No wonder we have a forum called Transfer Bollox. That's all it ever turns out to be. Sick of it mate.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri May 25 2012, 22:10

I don't know when the window is open officially because im wondering if we are waiting for that to open before announcing the new signings or whether everything we read is total Ballacks , I do wonder sometimes if one paper runs a story and the rest just follow suit , but like you Baz each year im left wondering what the feck was all that about AGAIN.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 25 2012, 22:29

Window opens 1st July and closes 31st August. But I think details can be sorted out before it opens officially. Because as far as I know Podolski to Arsenal has been sorted but he can't move until the window officially opens. I am sure Nic will know.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri May 25 2012, 22:36

Nothing really stopping us then if that's the case , I also feel the fans are owed some good news for a change , we need these new signings done soon.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri May 25 2012, 23:15

yeah saw that on espn, vertonghen expects spurs to be priced out of deal, ajax want 15 mill euros and hes dissapointed as he met spurs people and levy and was shown around and was very impressed but he says although spurs are his preffered team to join it looks like they wont pay fee now. gutting, a player who actually wants to come to us cos he likes the whole set up of our place and we might lose out cos of haggling again. a player like that who wants to be here is surely worth going the extra mile to get as im sure you will see more determination to do well from him as its not just about the money for him. dont blow it daniel please.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri May 25 2012, 23:54

As far as I know if a player is out of contract or just about to be out of contract, as was the case with Podolski, there is no problem in a new club signing them after they have finished their last game for their existing club.

With Vertohogen (?) I assume he has a few years left on his contract so he will have to wait, as long as a fair price can be agreed

Why dont you chuck in that miserable git BAE as he is so insistent he has to play CL football - Ajax are in the CL

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 26 2012, 00:49

Vertonghen only has a year on his contract Nic. Hence the reason Levy is prepared to haggle. It will be yet another one we lose though.

Post by Guest Sat May 26 2012, 02:35

Ajax close to deal with Tottenham over Jan Vertonghen

By David Ornstein
    BBC Sport
    Dutch champions Ajax hope to reach a swift agreement with Tottenham over the sale of captain Jan Vertonghen.
    Spurs have seen two bids rejected as Ajax seek 15m euros (£12m) for the 25-year-old Belgium centre-back, who has a year left on his contract.
    "We hope to make a deal quite soon," an Ajax spokesman told BBC Sport. "Jan deserves a move to a big league and wants to join Spurs.
    "But he has a price and that's what we're talking about with Tottenham."
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 26 2012, 03:02

Well, they have been close to a deal for about a week now.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat May 26 2012, 03:07

Must be true if its on the BBC lol

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat May 26 2012, 03:50

pay the fuckin 15 mil danny
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Sat May 26 2012, 04:48

I read that Levy has offered £9.6M
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat May 26 2012, 05:03

Our Danny does like to haggle doesn't he. £12m seems a reasonable price in todays market, especially for a man who wants to play for us and is so highly regarded. Man U paid £30m 9 years ago for his name is Rio and and he's sitting in the stand.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat May 26 2012, 05:35

shall we have a bloody whip round, ffs
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 26 2012, 06:12

shearspur wrote:shall we have a bloody whip round, ffs

PMSL.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Sat May 26 2012, 06:33

[b] i agree just pay the money the fans want this guy and its the fans who pay the wages ffs
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat May 26 2012, 09:51

guardian report 2 hrs ago, 12 mill euros being accepted for vertonghen from spurs ? hope its true.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat May 26 2012, 19:24

Levy better do this deal or i will be having words with Danny boy lol the guy is class worth more than 10 mil easy better than Vermalanen and hes good but not as good as Kompany can play centre half and defensive mid and left back at a push
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat May 26 2012, 19:57

We will get him
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 26 2012, 20:25

Love your confidence Kingy lol.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat May 26 2012, 20:34

With you recent run of good fortune Vertoghen and Levy will sign the contract next Friday afternoon

By closing time on Saturday Vertoghen will be leaving hospital with his broken leg in plaster following an unfortunate clash with Ashely Cole during the England Belgium friendly

Patience is a great virtue
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun May 27 2012, 01:20

I would like to know why Levy expected big money for Berbatov, and would also expect big money for Modric and Bale should they leave, but does not seem to want to pay out the kind of money that would bring a quality player to the club. Bring in the likes of Vertoghen and this sends out the message to our present squad that Levy means to build a Premiership side who can make an impact on the top two and players will stay, pussy foot around and this sends out the message he is all talk and players will want to leave. God when you think how much we got for Crouch, was it 9 million?, surely Vertoghen is worth more than Crouch.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 27 2012, 02:08

Yep, that is the one thing about Levy that let's us down.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Sun May 27 2012, 08:16

[i] If we don't get him i will be devastated to be honest

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 06:39