The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
mike dean EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
mike dean EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
mike dean EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
mike dean EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
mike dean EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
mike dean EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
mike dean EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
mike dean EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
mike dean EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

mike dean Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

mike dean

mike dean Empty mike dean

Post by Guest Sun May 27 2012, 13:19

Mike Dean admits he should have shown Tevez red against QPR
    The referee believes if a full view had been available of the incident between the Argentine and Joey Barton he would have dismissed the Manchester City striker

The 29-year-old midfielder was shown red by Dean on the final day of the season for his elbow on Tevez and his violent reaction to Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany, and has since been handed a 12-match ban by the FA.

But Dean admitted via video link to the regulatory commission that Tevez, who escaped without punishment, would have been dismissed too for his initial strike on Barton.

Commission chairman B.M Jones stated: "Mr Dean was questioned about the Tevez incident for which Mr Barton was dismissed. It was confirmed that neither the referee nor the assistant saw the alleged incident of Mr Tevez striking Mr Barton although Mr Barton immediately made representations to Mr Dean that is what happened, and such comments by Mr Barton can be clearly seen in the video.

"The commission accept that Mr Barton was aggrieved by the action of Mr Tevez and Mr Dean confirmed that had the incident been seen by the officials as shown by the clip supplied by Mr Barton, it would have been an automatic red card.

"The commission find that this does not however excuse the subsequent action by Mr Barton in relation to Messrs Kompany or Aguero."

Barton, meanwhile, will not appeal against his 12-match ban and £75,000 fine. The west London side also announced they would be carrying out their own investigation into the incident.

A statement from his club read: "Queens Park Rangers Football Club can confirm it has now started a full internal investigation in relation to Joey Barton's dismissal and subsequent events against Manchester City on the final day of the 2012-13 Barclays Premier League season.

"The QPR midfielder will not appeal against the independent regulatory commission's decision made on Wednesday and he and his team are now working in full cooperation with the club to assist in the internal investigation.

"The club expects the investigation to last at least two weeks.

"During this period, no one from the club or Joey Barton himself will make any further comment."

mike dean Empty Re: mike dean

Post by Guest Sun May 27 2012, 13:20

you can bet your life the linesman did see tevez elbow but ignored it then flagged when barton retaliated

just like in our game the ref saw mario stamp on parker

who says cheats dont prosper
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 28 2012, 00:49

Why would you " bet your life" that the assistant saw it when he says he did not ?
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon May 28 2012, 02:16

wenger should of been a ref ! (I didnt see it!)
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 28 2012, 03:03

LOL DJ.

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 03:27

because they wont book certan players
    rooney can swear all day at a ref and nothing
    he got booked once all season

you watch phill dowed when mario stamps on parker hes looking at it. but knows if he stops play he has to send him off

its like when they dont like sending big players off like rio or terry yet a player thats not well nown or with a bad rep they send off
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 28 2012, 05:00

Remind me where Wazza will be during the opening games of the Euros ?

Bloody lucky to get only a two match ban IMO

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 05:34

yes because it was not an english ref
    thats my point
    abroad the refs dont take crap. thats why rooney gets booked and sent off laods for england

i seen rooney elbow somonone more then once in the prem and got nothing
    seen lumpard gerrard make 2 footed tackles
    yet mido bale kaboul defoe all been red carded for nothing
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Mon May 28 2012, 05:58

i thought gerrards tackle against norway was a blatant red card
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 28 2012, 07:51

Shame Refs like Pratkinson & Foy Da Boy aren't so honest . . . . . .. .
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Mon May 28 2012, 08:18

[i] your right viz some of the decisions this season have been a complete joke
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 28 2012, 18:51

Well I saw Parker earn a well deserved red from an English referee Lought and there was no whining about that

Joey got his - all well deserved

Gets back to the eternal

Instead of football fans managers players moaning week after week after week about decisions why not allow referees exactly the se optin we all have to review a decision again if they want to ?

Naw - much better to have poor decisions Vis it is so much more fun to call mike dean a cnut and for managers to blame refs for their own fivk ups
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 28 2012, 20:27

Well, we all have our moans about refs Nic, don't we?

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 29 2012, 00:22

Yeah Baz - same story - season in and season out

Professional football ?

My a*se

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 06:24

the ref should book any player that sorrounds the ref or swears at them.

only the captian should be allowed to question a decesion
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue May 29 2012, 07:09

Errrrrr Nic it wasn't Dean I called a CUNextTuesday, it was Pratkinson. Without the Ref there is no proper game. It's just jumpers for goalposts. But Refs should be accountable. I still say they should be made to give an after game interview to explain why in "real time" they made the call they did. It's easy for pundits & armchair fans alike to view the game in ultra-slow-mo and from mant different angles but I truely belive I have never seen so many bad & basic errors from Refs as I did last season and that may just prove they need much better training to do their job and perhaps assistance? I wouldn't want to be a Ref but I'm sure a Ref on their handsome salary wouldn't want my job either . . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 29 2012, 21:24

You may be right Vis that you have not seen so many incorrect refereeing decisions

That may however have something to do with the obsessive interest of Sky on refereeing and any time a referee makes an error gawd bloody help him because it will be the talking point of the game - even in a 5-1 defeat

And secondly - and In my view more relevant - is the epidemic of deliberate cheating among players that is getting worse season by season by season

And the players on their Handsome salaries never incur any penalty for their cheating - in fact most get a little pat on the head from their manager

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 00:48

that game would not of ended 5 1 if the officals done there job propley.

you only give a goal if your 100 precent sure it crossed the line.

theres no way they could of seen the ball cross the line but the chelsea players in hes face saying its a goal made hes mind up.

weak ref
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 30 2012, 01:52

Spot on Lought.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed May 30 2012, 02:08

If that is right then Lought almost no goal could ever be given by a referee because it is very rare for a referee to be on the goal line in order that they are "100 per cent sure" it crossed the line

Football refereeing does not work on 100% sure though does it ? It works on judgement, it works on split second sight and interpretation of the on-field action. And generally they get a lot more right than wrong, in spite of the cheating.

Unlike being a football "fan" which works on 20/20 hindsight and slow motion replays

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 04:09

but theres no way the ref could of seen that was close

and your right in away. but if theres doubt then it shouldnt be given.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 30 2012, 04:33

anicoll5 wrote:If that is right then Lought almost no goal could ever be given by a referee because it is very rare for a referee to be on the goal line in order that they are "100 per cent sure" it crossed the line

That, if I might say so is total bollox Nic. The Ref doesn't have to be on the goal line. 1) He has an assistant to help him, who will signal a goal. 2) I would say the majority of goals bulge the net or at least move the net which is an unmistakeable sign that a goal has been scored.

Football refereeing does not work on 100% sure though does it ? It works on judgement, it works on split second sight and interpretation of the on-field action. And generally they get a lot more right than wrong, in spite of the cheating.

Unlike being a football "fan" which works on 20/20 hindsight and slow motion replays

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed May 30 2012, 06:12

And did the Dean's Assistant indicate that the referee 's decision was wrong ??

No Baz - the one with the side on view thought it was over too

So that is to useless feckers no doubt - sack em all, string em up, burn them

Mind you Baz did you reckon the Andy Carroll goal against the rent boys in the final was over in real time ???

Bet you did

Wishful thinking Very Happy

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 30 2012, 06:40

anicoll5 wrote:If that is right then Lought almost no goal could ever be given by a referee because it is very rare for a referee to be on the goal line in order that they are "100 per cent sure" it crossed the line

Sorry Nic but that is absolute mike dean 901187. . . . .

Every time the ball ripples the back of the net it is obviously a goal because the ball MUST HAVE CROSSED THE LINE FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. It is only on the rare occasion the net does not ripple that a Ref could be possibly uncertain, then his lino's should be looking on and assisting . . .
    . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed May 30 2012, 06:53

Simply because the net ripples means nothing Vis - certainly not the 100% proof required by Lought

Players collide, the frame of the goal is touched and the netting moves

Tell me though Vis - are you seriously telling me you want a referee watching the movement of the netting behind or they're side of the goal rather than watching the ball, the players and the action

And you accuse me of bull sh*t Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:01