The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

At the crossroads. Telegraph Article.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. Empty At the crossroads. Telegraph Article.

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 07 2012, 20:57

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-last-word-spurs-take-a-radical-path-as-london-clubs-hit-crossroads-7920751.html

This paragraph caught my eye.

At 34, Villas-Boas has won more silverware than Redknapp in his entire career. Spurs, moreover, already offer younger, quicker legs than the brooding, bovine elite at Chelsea who snorted and stamped when he intruded on their grazing. There are few untouchables at White Hart Lane. Gareth Bale looks a bespoke fit for various slots in his 4-3-3, and there is sufficient pace at the back to sustain that notoriously high defensive line.

Last edited by BazSpur on Sun Jul 08 2012, 01:48; edited 1 time in total
    vis
    vis

At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. Empty Re: At the crossroads. Telegraph Article.

Post by vis Sun Jul 08 2012, 00:51

But now they have got themselves a manager unlikely to treat fourth as an ample ambition;

Hmmm thats an intresting line as well Baz. Redknapp seemed to see 4th as the best acheievable posistion he could aim for . . . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

At the crossroads. Telegraph Article. Empty Re: At the crossroads. Telegraph Article.

Post by BazSpur Sun Jul 08 2012, 01:52

Yep, he is far more ambitious than Arry. Just what we want.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 01:59

yep just read that on a differnt forum
    harry old school he thinks nobody can get near the mancheste clubs

imagine if harry was here instead of jol when chelsea arsenal and liverpool where good he say we lucky to be 7th lol

avb will want to prove a point and hopefully we wont go to the big grounds with fear
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Jul 08 2012, 03:23

Yep - as my old Dad would often say;

" when you come to a fork in the road son, take it"

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08 2012, 03:33

yep harry should of accepted hes contract extenstion back in feb lol now hes mangerless
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Jul 08 2012, 03:48

Jobless Lought though I presume he is still on awage from Spuds
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jul 09 2012, 07:26

I think Harry honestly believed that he had echeived the impossible by getting us to fourth and could not understand that we wanted more.He thought the fans were ungrateful when we were not, we were just dissapointed that it could have been so much more.

If he had said just once that he was sorry the way the season had ended rather than "I don't know what they want" then perhaps there would have been some empathy rather than apathy.

I think those statements from him showed that he had definately taken us as far as he could.

So now I hope it's onwards and upwards but this is Spurs we are talking about and we never know whats round the corner.

Wouldn't it be boring if you were a utd supporter and you expected to win everything every season and you did most times.There's no fun in that is there? I think I would take up darts. NOT!!!

Following Spurs is like a Hitchcock movie,you're never sure of the ending.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09 2012, 09:36

your right harry did feel he took us as far as he could
    but we was a few points of top in january.
    im sure if harry wanted certan players levy would of try to get them but i felt harry was happy with the 11 and wanted players that didnt mind sitting on the bench

depsite man u nearly winning the league there sqaud was the weakest its ever been in the prem.
    same as chelsea and arsenal had loads of injurys but harry didnt have the desire to push on. im thinking its a mentality thing with him aswell. he dont have the bottle to fight it out with fergie and co
    remember the league cup game with the goons when harry said wenger will prob play the kids as he always does so harry played hes kids and then saw the goons team sheet he must relised wenger outsmarted him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 10:16