The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Lumpard on AVB EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Lumpard on AVB EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Lumpard on AVB EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Lumpard on AVB EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Lumpard on AVB EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Lumpard on AVB EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Lumpard on AVB EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Lumpard on AVB EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Lumpard on AVB EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Lumpard on AVB Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Lumpard on AVB

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Lumpard on AVB Empty Lumpard on AVB

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jul 09 2012, 08:50

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Tottenham+Hotspur

Lumpard on AVB Empty Re: Lumpard on AVB

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09 2012, 09:39

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard says his former manager Andre Villas-Boas is lucky to have landed the Tottenham Hotspur job.

Villas-Boas was appointed Harry Redknapp's successor at White Hart Lane last week, signing a three-year deal five months after his sacking from Chelsea.

Lampard, who fell out with the Portuguese coach during his brief tenure at Stamford Bridge, says Villas-Boas has a tough act to follow in north London.

"AVB (Villas-Boas) has inherited an exceptional squad of players," he told The Sun.

"A squad that's good enough to bring Champions League football and contend for the Premier League title. A team that's played some terrific, thrilling attacking football and scored goals for fun.

"So AVB is a lucky man taking over at Spurs because the players are so very good. Admittedly that can be a double-edged sword, though.

"Because Harry Redknapp will be an extremely tough act to follow. Harry lifted Spurs to an amazing level.

"The way he turned that club around was remarkable. They were at absolute rock bottom when Harry came in.

"Then all of a sudden they're playing in the Champions League and competing at the very top. So he did an incredible job there and he definitely didn't deserve to lose his job.

"That's why I was really surprised when Harry left. He did wonders at Tottenham and I thought him leaving was a terrible shame."

The 33-year-old also expressed his belief that Villas-Boas will have improved as a manager by learning from his disastrous spell at Chelsea.

Lampard went on to say his terse relationship with Villas-Boas was just part of the reason for the former Porto man's lack of success in west London.

"AVB didn't do well at Chelsea but it was not for the want of anyone trying," he said.

"He wanted to succeed, he wanted to do it his way. But it just didn't work. Not because of any battle between me and him, there was a lot more to it than that.

"He had his plans for the team and that meant me not playing as much as before. That was just one part of it, the problems were far bigger and broader than that.

"But as a player you learn off every manager whether they are good, bad or indifferent. I definitely learned in different ways from Andre. It was an interesting time."
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jul 09 2012, 09:41

Thank you Lought. Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09 2012, 09:43

like we care what he has to say.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09 2012, 09:44

lumpard i mean lol and thats okay
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Jul 10 2012, 06:04

I actually have time for Lumplard. He is a usually good pro and rarely in the headlines for the wrong reasons. I wonder if he is realising the error of his ways by throwing his toys out the pram with AVB? He's right what he says about our squad though . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content