The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Loved this article EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Loved this article EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Loved this article EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Loved this article EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Loved this article EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Loved this article EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Loved this article EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Loved this article EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Loved this article EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Loved this article Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Loved this article

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Loved this article Empty Loved this article

Post by Boltjean Thu Sep 06 2012, 05:37

AVB's treatment by the press showes the media at it's worst. This was so predictable, the media in England just could not wait to get on AVB,s back and start building the pressure on him. That's the problem with the current generation of football writers, they're more concerned with their personal agendas than giving an actual opinion. It's self-serving journalism and it's shoddy. Eyes up and down Fleet Street must have lit up when Jermain Defoe was delegated to Englands press-conference duty this afternoon, naturally, the more boorish in the press pack spent the time trying to prise a derogatory quote out of the forward about his club manager. The writers don't like Villa-Boas, he's part of the new breed of manager. He's not working class, he's roots aren't in the traditional upbringing, he's not English, he's not one of them , and most importantly, he;s not Harry Redknapp. The friction he caused at Chelsea by rationing gametime for the egos sent Custis and Beasley out to bat for their little mates, and now Villa-Boas is back in management, the same crew are desperate to give him a panning. Little hack-pr*cks, and their little agenda's. Here's an interesting exercise for you once the premier league returns. Every time Spurs drop points, read the match reports in the tabloids and contrast them with those that appeared after the side had lost under Redknapp. Good old Harry could get humiliated by Arsenal, loose at home to Norwich, Wigan, Stoke or Wolves, he was never to blame though, it was just 'one of those days'. Funny that.

Loved this article Empty Re: Loved this article

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 06:36

Boltjean wrote:AVB's treatment by the press showes the media at it's worst. This was so predictable, the media in England just could not wait to get on AVB,s back and start building the pressure on him. That's the problem with the current generation of football writers, they're more concerned with their personal agendas than giving an actual opinion. It's self-serving journalism and it's shoddy. Eyes up and down Fleet Street must have lit up when Jermain Defoe was delegated to Englands press-conference duty this afternoon, naturally, the more boorish in the press pack spent the time trying to prise a derogatory quote out of the forward about his club manager. The writers don't like Villa-Boas, he's part of the new breed of manager. He's not working class, he's roots aren't in the traditional upbringing, he's not English, he's not one of them , and most importantly, he;s not Harry Redknapp. The friction he caused at Chelsea by rationing gametime for the egos sent Custis and Beasley out to bat for their little mates, and now Villa-Boas is back in management, the same crew are desperate to give him a panning. Little hack-pr*cks, and their little agenda's. Here's an interesting exercise for you once the premier league returns. Every time Spurs drop points, read the match reports in the tabloids and contrast them with those that appeared after the side had lost under Redknapp. Good old Harry could get humiliated by Arsenal, loose at home to Norwich, Wigan, Stoke or Wolves, he was never to blame though, it was just 'one of those days'. Funny that.

Len, same old harry that beat the goons at their place, he got the plaudits for that game and took the flak when we chucked away a 2-0 lead last season.
    Before we say avb is getting a bad press deal, lets see what happens....yeah ?
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Sep 06 2012, 07:18

It's happend Lew. You know the media have been on AVB's back from the day he walked into White Hart Lane with all the talk of how he had failed at Chelsea, and our so called supporters are giving the media ammunition to destroy AVB which in turn will damage this club, and I would have thought by now these supporters would have learnt their lesson by now that the press have no time for our club and that they will do all they can to stop it from being successful. And when you say about what Harry achieved by beating the gooners at their place, imo it does not make up for the fact he was in charge when we threw a 13 point lead we had over the gooners away, and I do not remember Harry getting bad press for what many of us on here thought was a disaster, infact, I think all they went on about was how Harry had been hard done by for not getting the England job, their knight in shining armour had fallen off his charger, and they were gutted. Anyway Lew, I dare say the lads on the board have had enough of all this AVB chat and just want to see him proove all his critics wrong, but I wonder if the press will give him the breathing space to do so, I for one bet they do not, they are on a witch hunt, and as the person who wrote the article said, lets see what kind of press AVB gets each week, when we win, loose or draw. I want him to become a success simply because I do not want to see him torn to shreds after just three games. Anyway, as you say, lets see what happens.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Sep 06 2012, 08:03

Very good article Len. OK, call it paranoia but the Meeja chums of Redknapps do seem to be rearing their ugly mugs. Has Rodgers at the Scousers had the vitriol that AVB has received? Nope. Even Ing-Ger-Land managers get a better press then him ! The guy needs at least one season, better 2 or 3 I would say. I'm pro-AVB so my opinion is biased, as is that of the pro-Redknapp camp. There is only one way to settle this argument - FIGHT lmao . Serious now, the only way to judge AVB is in the long term . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:25