The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
MOUNTINHO EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
MOUNTINHO EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
MOUNTINHO EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
MOUNTINHO EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
MOUNTINHO EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
MOUNTINHO EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
MOUNTINHO EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
MOUNTINHO EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
MOUNTINHO EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

MOUNTINHO Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
djfitzo
vis
SuneJim
7 posters

MOUNTINHO

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

MOUNTINHO Empty MOUNTINHO

Post by SuneJim Thu Sep 06 2012, 07:49

Found out today that the deal for Mountinho was completed both at our end & Porto's,,,,,, But like Tevez & Mascherano he has a third party onwership & they scuppered the deal.
    Everdently Levy had to deal with three different agents. Just goes to show should have sorted it much earlier.
    vis
    vis

MOUNTINHO Empty Re: MOUNTINHO

Post by vis Thu Sep 06 2012, 08:20

Oh dear. If he has a 3rd party owner maybe it's best, for now, it did fall through? Can you imagine the joy of the Bubble Blowers because we stuff 'em twice and they get relegated and then try to sue us ala Tevez/Shef Utd? Stuff of nightmares. I still think we will get him January . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 06 2012, 21:54

But it does show that we put in bids for both him and Leandro and was serious about improving our squad.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:08

There was a solid write up on the Moutnho deal and why it did not happen in the Guardian on Tuesday by David Hytner

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/04/tottenham-hotspur-joao-moutinho?INTCMP=SRCH

Complicated stuff and not the sort of deal that lent itself to being sorted out in the closing minutes of the window.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:03

I read the same day, that Moutinho was already on the team sheet for the weekend following the closure of the transfer window , and that THFC hadn't even made inquiries at porto for the services of moutinho , so depending what paper you believe , this story has no truth to it. 22million pound ..is not levys style at all
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:15

I agree Lobby - you believe what you believe, Jim can believe what he believes

Btw what is Levy's "style" ?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:27

Late and tight
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:32

shearspur wrote:Late and tight
    Very Happy
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Sep 07 2012, 07:29

Zenit had the same 3rd party ownership rights problem with the signing of Hulk, but they got it done with over a week before the Russian transfer window shut .

Levy let down AVB with the Moutinho deal , no two ways about it.

Last edited by ArnieArdiles on Fri Sep 07 2012, 22:18; edited 1 time in total
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Sep 07 2012, 07:43

anicoll5 wrote:There was a solid write up on the Moutnho deal and why it did not happen in the Guardian on Tuesday by David Hytner

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/04/tottenham-hotspur-joao-moutinho?INTCMP=SRCH

Complicated stuff and not the sort of deal that lent itself to being sorted out in the closing minutes of the window.

What that Portuguese block, would help if you spelt his name right.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 07 2012, 18:20

Yep spot on, late and tight , all this talk from the so called papers in the know saying we had bid X amount is sheer fantasy , levy would never spend 22mill on one player , why do fans always get sucked into this make believe world that all of a sudden we are Man Citeh.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Sep 07 2012, 22:26

To be fair Lobo ..

Levy has paid out 16m+ on three players , Bentley, Bent & Modric so I dont think if the reported 22m fee is true, there would've been the problem on the size of the fee. I also read the fee and personal terms had been agreed. I just think Levy left it to late to deal with the complicated package that it were. Porto played hardball like we did with Modric and it got to near deadline day so we missed out.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Sep 08 2012, 19:11

ArnieArdiles wrote:To be fair Lobo ..

Levy has paid out 16m+ on three players , Bentley, Bent & Modric so I dont think if the reported 22m fee is true, there would've been the problem on the size of the fee. I also read the fee and personal terms had been agreed. I just think Levy left it to late to deal with the complicated package that it were. Porto played hardball like we did with Modric and it got to near deadline day so we missed out.

Yet nothing coming from Moutinho himslef , you'd think he would have said something by now , this story was a concoction made up sky sports new , they started all to keep the fans glued , there was also unconfirmed reports coming from porto that none of this was true and that the player himself was on the team bus , i don't buy into it, this story doesnt have a ring of truth to it, 30mill player for 22mill , nah never ..its all paper talk

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09 2012, 01:48

ye i heard he was on the team bus for an away game early friday night

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content