The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
england EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
england EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
england EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
england EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
england EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
england EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
england EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
england EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
england EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

england Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

england

england Empty england

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12 2012, 09:20

how in gods name did lumpard get man of the match. he was invisible second half then gets to take a pen and grabs the glory.

andy towsend sucking upto him.

we was awfull again tonight and strange subs because he didnt want to sub either gerrard are lumpard.

same old england
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

england Empty Re: england

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 12 2012, 10:11

Agree with you there Lought. I thought we were woeful mostly. As you say How did Lampard get MOTM? He was shocking. Mind you, not sure who should have got it tbh. Gerrard doesn't look anywhere near the player he was.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12 2012, 10:28

gerrrard was the worst player on the pitch if you dont count mr webb giving liverpool 3 pens Very Happy aganst the scum lol

yet has since played the last 2 games for england. what stupid subs roy made. he should of brought carrick on instead of takin baines off.

im no fan of milner but at least you new he was on the pitch tonight
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Sep 12 2012, 19:51

Gerrard was awful and Townsend was going to give him mom!! never found one of our players and kept giving the ball away.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Sep 12 2012, 20:38

I was baffled by Fat Frank's MoM until I saw the paper this morning had given it to Milner who played most of the game at the speed of a rusty cement mixer !

While I would be hard pushed to pick any England player as MoM I did not think it was a bad performance, compared to some of the shockers over the years. Disappointing result but some decent football, particularly from Baines and Johnson.

Ukraine played well and had a peach of a goal, and could have had more. Defoe's disallowed goal was also very good and Yarolenko conned the referee. I do not really understand why Defoe gets his hands so high though as he was booked later?

Welbeck needs his a*se kicking for the most blatant dive I have seen in ages - w*nker

And the idea that Gerrard's red card was "harsh"

Purlllllease Rolling Eyes
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:40

Ah Andy Townsend the ex-Irish player from Dartford ! ! !
    Yet again when Ing-Ger-Land come up against a technically proficient team they struggle . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:42

Welbeck needs his a*se kicking for the most blatant dive I have seen in ages - w*nker

Well that gets Bale off the hook for now. . . lmao . . .

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14 2012, 08:18

So Roy, remind us, what are the ‘football’ reasons for axing Ferdinand?
    By STEVEN HOWARD
    Last Updated: 13th September 2012
    THE way things stand, there will be no Rio in Rio.

Yet Tuesday’s evidence from Wembley suggests Roy Hodgson is still cutting off his nose to spite his face by continuing to ignore Rio Ferdinand.

When the Manchester United centre-half was left out of the Euro 2012 squad, Hodgson claimed it was for footballing reasons.

This was patently not the case.

No wonder Ferdinand tweeted at the time in frustration: “What reasons?!!!”

It grew even more ridiculous when Hodgson called up Liverpool rookie Martin Kelly to replace the injured Gary Cahill.

The truth was that the FA deemed it impossible for John Terry and Ferdinand to line up in the same England team with all the race case controversy and tension surrounding Terry and Anton Ferdinand.

Despite that, the FA still maintained Hodgson had the final decision on the make-up of his squad.

The England manager may have thought he was making a pragmatic decision — one that would be better for England in the long term.

And yet we have now arrived at an incredible juncture. One where Ferdinand cannot play for England when the Chelsea skipper is available — nor when he is unavailable.

This is doubly unfair for a player who has not only captained his country but represented it 81 times in a long, illustrious career spanning 14 years.

And on Tuesday it rebounded badly on Hodgson.

There were many things wrong with England’s performance in the 1-1 draw with Ukraine.

There was sloppy marking and passing and the ball retention was particularly poor.

It’s been a long time since England surrendered possession so easily.

The crux of it was an inability by Joleon Lescott and Phil Jagielka to play the ball out of defence.

Instead, much of the time it went backwards and sideways.

When it was moved forwards it was usually to a Ukraine player.

This is an area where Ferdinand excels. He is one of the few defenders of the last decade or so who is comfortable on the ball and can pass it.

Had he been in the team on Tuesday, there is little doubt we would have seen an improved performance.

It’s unlikely there would have been the sight of Ferdinand giving the ball away as Lescott did in the build-up to Ukraine’s goal.

No, the United player does not have his old pace. But he gets round that in other ways.

Alex Ferguson spelled it all out last November when he said: “I don’t think we have a major problem with Rio. He is still one of the best footballers in the country in terms of using the ball.

“He can still tackle, he can still head and he still has great presence.

“What has changed is he has lost that electric yard of pace he had a few years ago and needs to re-arrange his game a little bit.

“When you reach your 30s you need to tailor your game in a different way. It is just a mental adjustment. Once he has made that change, I’m sure he will still have a big part to play.”

And that is exactly what Ferdinand has done. He reads the game better, he senses danger and is one step ahead of everyone else.

Ferguson also hit the nail on the head when he talked about Ferdinand’s presence.

How we could have done with that on Tuesday.

Originally, it was felt he might not be able to manage three games in nine days against France, Sweden and Ukraine at the Euros.

Yet he had played three in 10 for United against Blackburn, QPR and Wigan in April at the end of a season in which he played 30 Premier League games, only one less than Terry.

He then went on to complete a fourth in 14 days against Aston Villa.

When he was injured at the start of this season — an unlucky calf injury — much was made of his 33-year-old body packing up on him again.

Yet he missed only two Premier League games.

Yes, when he did return — in the 3-2 win at Southampton salvaged by two late Robin van Persie goals — the United defence was panned.

Both Saints’ goals, though, were down to errors by Fabio and Patrice Evra.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4535318/Steven-Howard-says-Roy-Hodgson-must-come-clean-and-accept-he-was-wrong-about-Rio-Ferdinand.html#ixzz267H8KwPE
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Sep 14 2012, 08:53

Bizarre post Lought which - as far as I can make out - appears to be about Rio not being picked for England

Manyoo lose at Goodison - Felaini murders the Manyoo defence

Fulham score 2 at Trafford Park I think

Saints score two and Manyoo feeble at the back

The article seems to suggest a 35 year old Rio should play in the 2014 World Cup

Utter shite or -Am I missing something here ?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14 2012, 09:52

because roy is lying. he said he left rio out of the euros because of football reason yet then drafts in kids to play. rio a lot better then jagilker

rio left out because of the terry row. fact

its like when roy took the england job he was told by former coaching staff that carrick didnt want to be part of england anymore yet roy didnt bother to call carrick before the euros then waits untill its over

we needed carrick at the euros.

it just goes to show england have another yes man

the clown said gerrard and lumpard can work togeather,

erm no roy they cant they had endless tourments and faild
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Sep 14 2012, 11:05

Lovely thing about you Lought if a team does well it ain't good enough

As in the case of Arry's efforts and Hodgson's efforts are shite

As was every other SPUDS manager let alone England manager there ever was

Thank f*ck you are a football fan

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Sep 14 2012, 11:09

Gerard for England - entire career rubbish
    Fat Frank 90 odd caps likewise
    Terry is what ?

Clear it up - do you just hate England ?

Spit it out

Looking forward to hearing from you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 23:48