The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
1 point EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
1 point EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
1 point EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
1 point EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
1 point EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
1 point EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
1 point EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
1 point EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
1 point EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

1 point Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
DJSR
djfitzo
6 posters

1 point

1 point Empty 1 point

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25 2012, 02:34

Just highlighting the difference 1 point makes

a*se have 1 point more than us. They started the season in a very unhappy situation and were calling for their managers head. They brought in a defensive coach and suddenly, with a few strong performances, they are title contenders.

We have had probably twice the upheavel they have had. We have new players trying to gel, new manager trying to get his ideas across and a new system to try to work with. All in hand with quite a bad injury list.

Anyhow, i would just like to remind peeps that we are ONE POINT behind them.

If you take into account the late draws we snatched from the jaws of victory we could be sitting quite happily in the upper places having played poorley so far. Isnt this a sign of a top team and top manager?

At the end of the day no one is saying we are playing well. No one is saying we are going to win the league. But progress is being made and we need to calm down.

djfitzo
    International
    International

1 point Empty Re: 1 point

Post by djfitzo Tue Sep 25 2012, 02:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:Just highlighting the difference 1 point makes

a*se have 1 point more than us. They started the season in a very unhappy situation and were calling for their managers head. They brought in a defensive coach and suddenly, with a few strong performances, they are title contenders.

We have had probably twice the upheavel they have had. We have new players trying to gel, new manager trying to get his ideas across and a new system to try to work with. All in hand with quite a bad injury list.

If you take into account the late draws we snatched from the jaws of victory we could be sitting quite happily in the upper places having played poorley so far. Isnt this a sign of a top team and top manager?

At the end of the day no one is saying we are playing well. No one is saying we are going to win the league. But progress is being made and we need to calm down.

This coming from Lought, pass me the smelling salts!!

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Sep 25 2012, 02:38

ditch the 4-5-1 bollox, and play 4-4-2, thats what works best for us, as we saw in the second half, the more strikers you have on the field, the more chance of scoring, simple.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 25 2012, 03:09

cut n paste lought lmao

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25 2012, 03:15

whats ironic is i think our best performance this season was against Newcastle where we came away with nothing,to be fair no one is pulling up any trees thus far and we are now bang in the mix,we have a lot of improvement left in us as well,would have liked more pts in the bag taking the opposition into account but as Hobo says we have legit reasons to not be at full throttle just yet and we are still there or thereabouts unlike say Liverpool.. lobo lol

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 25 2012, 03:24

If we were playing a crisp passing game and had put in decent performances to get our 8 points, then I'm sure there would be plenty talking us up.

Most of the Spurs fans are calm but just not overly excited by the uninspiring football seen so far.

It's early days yet and as the OP says , picking up points when you're not performing well is a good sign.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 25 2012, 03:30

LOBO wrote:cut n paste lought lmao

lol sssshhh Lobo ... what a grass lol

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 25 2012, 03:41

DJSR wrote:ditch the 4-5-1 bollox, and play 4-4-2, thats what works best for us, as we saw in the second half, the more strikers you have on the field, the more chance of scoring, simple.

The lone striker with Lennon and Bale either side of him and Siggy in support you'd think would work well but it all falls down if the striker has virtually no link up play.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Sep 25 2012, 20:35

djfitzo wrote:

I think he must have a ghost writer.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 26 2012, 00:12

totalytot wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

I think he must have a ghost writer.

Mikey M

1 point 348204

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26 2012, 01:48

yep i like 442 at home. theres no point having loads in the middle because it limits the space

442 gives lennon and bale so much room to run at them

i can understand playing 5 in the middle when we play away at certan teams.

another thing about avb i like is hes using the sqaud making them all feel wanted.

i really liked jan at left back . him and bale worked well second half
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Sep 26 2012, 02:00

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep i like 442 at home. theres no point having loads in the middle because it limits the space

442 gives lennon and bale so much room to run at them

i can understand playing 5 in the middle when we play away at certan teams.

another thing about avb i like is hes using the sqaud making them all feel wanted.

i really liked jan at left back . him and bale worked well second half

Worrying for Benny, as big V can defend better, that tackle on the blind side of Hoilett was fantastic.

Walker Caulker Kaboul Verts

If theres a more powerful, faster back 4 in the prem I'd like to see it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 18:28