The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
micky hazard EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
micky hazard EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
micky hazard EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
micky hazard EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
micky hazard EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
micky hazard EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
micky hazard EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
micky hazard EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
micky hazard EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

micky hazard Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

micky hazard

micky hazard Empty micky hazard

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 00:59

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120930/exclusive-hazard-insists-avb-has-proved-doubters-wrong-182043

Micky Hazard has hailed Andre Villas-Boas for getting the entire Tottenham squad pulling in the same direction.

After a difficult start to life at White Hart Lane, the former Chelsea boss has now got Spurs on a roll, with their first win at Manchester United for 23 years lifting them up to fifth in the Premier League.

And former midfield maestro Hazard says the Portuguese deserves a huge amount of credit after silencing the early season doubters.

Hazard told the Weekend Sports Breakfast: “AVB has taken a lot of flak and the press seem to have had a witch hunt against him, so I’m delighted for him [to get a win at Man United]. I love his passion. When we score a goal he’s like a fan – and fans loves to see that.

“He’s been under a lot of pressure, there’s no doubt about that, and the knives were out, but he stood firm, made some fantastic signings in the window and we look a good side now.

“The players have brought into it, adopted the way he wants to play. And when we have to dig deep and battle, we can do it.
    The knives were out, but he stood firm, made some fantastic signings in the window and we look a good side now— Micky Hazard

“The likes of [Luka] Modric and [Rafael] Van der Vaart, although they are great players, sometimes when there was a battle going on you wondered where they were, but now every player is out three pulling their weight.”

And Hazard sees no reason why AVB can’t inspire Spurs to match, or even better the success they enjoyed under Harry Redknapp.

“Look at the squad – it looks powerful and strong,” he added. “You can virtually put two teams out in the Premier League and they’d hold their own. It must be great for AVB to have that situation.

“I see power and goals throughout the team and there’s no reason why Spurs can’t have a very, very successful season.”

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 21:40