The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB not scared to ring the changes. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB not scared to ring the changes. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
djfitzo
BazSpur
6 posters

AVB not scared to ring the changes.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

AVB not scared to ring the changes. Empty AVB not scared to ring the changes.

Post by BazSpur Fri Oct 12 2012, 17:08

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/2012/10/bigmouth-strikes-again/
    djfitzo
    International
    International

AVB not scared to ring the changes. Empty Re: AVB not scared to ring the changes.

Post by djfitzo Fri Oct 12 2012, 19:57

Thats an excellant balanced appraisal for JD.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

AVB not scared to ring the changes. Empty Re: AVB not scared to ring the changes.

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 12 2012, 20:39

Take away the idiotic metaphors and you really do have an accurate appraisal of what both strikers bring to the table. I agree completely that Adebayor needs to be heavily involved here. His movement should be instrumental in forcing Cheatski's defence to lose its shape, thus allowing our attacking midfielders the opportunities to exploit space.

It's disappointing though that the author couldn't resist the opportunity to throw in a few snide remarks at Defoe. It seems that some show more respect to opposition players than our own.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Oct 13 2012, 00:00

Good article , I agree with it . I don't see Defoe getting to much out of the Chav's central pairing. We need the ball to stick to our center forward so he can bring in to play those around him. Swift counter attacks and good ball possession when needed.

Maybe we will go with Ade and JD against the Chav's , thou I'd personally go with Ade and Dempsey.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Oct 16 2012, 04:34

I still think Ade loses to many opportunities with his first touch which often bounces to far ahead of him.
    I would go with JD, we all know he's greedy but he will score goals. Maybe JD and Dempsey up front.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 05:26

not sure about dempsey. i think he has a game with usa plus might be tired.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Oct 16 2012, 09:15

We will see when Saturday comes if Adebayor is the player the author of the article believes him to be. The appraisal of Defoe is reasonable but I'm just not convinced by Adebayor. The author also alludes to the fact VdV fed off Adebayor last season. Hopefully Dempsey will do the same but again , in my opinion it has to be said, VdV was a much better player then Dempsey. I truly hope I'm setting myself up here to be shoot down mid Saturday afternoon but something about Adebayor and his, let's call it, commitment (or possible lack of) to the cause bothers me greatly and I do feel that if it ain't working for him he will go missing. Something that can never be said of "selfish" Defoe . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16 2012, 09:39

vdv has more abilty but dempsey more relible

scored 24goals for fulham last season and loads the season before.

vdv just cant last 90 mins even now for hamburg he cant last a whole game. its a shame because hes such a technically gifted footballer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 23:26