The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
avb defends hugo EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
avb defends hugo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
avb defends hugo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
avb defends hugo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
avb defends hugo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
avb defends hugo EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
avb defends hugo EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
avb defends hugo EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
avb defends hugo EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

avb defends hugo Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
vis
Boltjean
cstmrsking
7 posters

avb defends hugo

avb defends hugo Empty avb defends hugo

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 13:49

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas defended goalkeeper Hugo Lloris after their Europa League victory over Maribor.

Tottenham's only wobble during the match came when Kyle Naughton's woeful backpass caused Hugo Lloris to miscontrol and allow Robert Beric to draw Maribor level just before half-time.

Villas-Boas defended Lloris' part in the gaffe, saying: "Sometimes things happen like this.

"It happened to us at Chelsea. It's mistakes that make you evolve as a player and I have no problem with that.

"It could happen to any goalkeeper during any game. It will not affect my decision-making.

"We don't just want to whack it clear, we want to play it from the back. It's more to do with what we want to do with the ball."

Villas-Boas shrugged off Didier Deschamps' claims Lloris is not playing enough games.

When asked what he thought of the France manager's criticism, Villas-Boas pointed to his head and said: "It goes in one ear and comes out the other."
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

avb defends hugo Empty Re: avb defends hugo

Post by cstmrsking Fri Nov 09 2012, 20:31

Lloris defended, Kyle in the Naughty Book.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Nov 10 2012, 01:15

I would not blame Lloris, imo it was a terrible back pass by Naughton, he could not dive to collect the ball at Beric's feet as he did not have the room to do so, he could not stoop to pick it up for the same reason, Beric was on top of him, his only option was to try to dribble the ball away from the approaching Beric and as he is not an outfield player he just lacked the ability to do so. He is our future number one, I think he needs more games than those he is getting in order to settle down and also form a bond with the supporters and players, and this will prove to us why he is the French number one keeper. I can remember a certain keepers first season decades ago, Pat Jennings, not very good, infact pretty poor, but he went on to be the greatest keeper this club has ever had, but at the time many of us thought he would not make it at Spurs, good old Bill kept faith in him, and I hope AVB shows the same faith in Lloris.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10 2012, 01:46

i think it was both of there faults.
    lloris threw the ball out to naughton to quick then he was under pressuer but why do these players pass back without looking.

avb might surprise us all and start lloris sunday
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Nov 10 2012, 07:00

Erik the Viking moment . . . .
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Sun Nov 11 2012, 05:27

lmao lmao lmao
    vis wrote:Erik the Viking moment . . . .
    lmao lmao lmao
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Nov 11 2012, 07:15

i agree with deschamps comment, lloris should be in now for a long run unless injury or a major loss of form strike.stop dithering avb and sort it out. lloris is number one now and needs a proper run out.friedel is a proffesional and is big enough to understand the decision and why lloris was bought.its not about players feelings now its whats best for THFC.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Nov 11 2012, 07:24

Me personally I want Lloris as our 'keeper . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 11 2012, 22:39

Brad is the number 1 simple as in AVBS mind i think its a hard one to be honest Brad is steady reliable knows the premier league and will retire at the end of the season. Lloris is going to be quality we got him for peanuts hes 25 hes got at least another 12-15 years in him
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Nov 11 2012, 23:35

Lloris in now for me. Brad could play cup games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content