The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Hey Vis. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Hey Vis. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Hey Vis. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Hey Vis. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Hey Vis. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Hey Vis. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Hey Vis. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Hey Vis. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Hey Vis. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Hey Vis. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Hey Vis.

Hey Vis. Empty Hey Vis.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27 2012, 00:46

Sorry vis to post this on the main forum, but thought it might hit you quicker.
    Are you still doing stuff musically.?
    I am trying to convert my stuff to mp3 so i can upload on you tube, once i do that i can send the link to this forum, for all to have a listen.
    I have one called " Time " that a few mates have heard, and their mates also, and its getting good feedback, some people i dont even know, reckon its good,
    so i want to try and give it an airing.
    Some doubts that it might hit the airwaves though like your number.....lol
    Might be sometime in december, when i finally change the format.
    Move the post if you want to vis, no problems.
    Cheers Lew.
    vis
    vis

Hey Vis. Empty Re: Hey Vis.

Post by vis Tue Nov 27 2012, 08:06

Hello Lew. Yup moved this one to General Chat mate.
    I haven't jammed much of late. Due to health & domestic problems with some of the guys I jam with we haven't had chance. We are hoping to do something over the Christmas/New Year period. A good long afternoon session with loadsa beer & some good sounds.
    On a individual note I am producing some House tracks at present for my-self and also for an organisation called Awesome Duck Media. It's all non-profit, just music for the fun of it for a wider audience to enjoy. I am producing tracks that are quite minimalist in style with a quite distinct sound. I've borrowed from Dutch & Swedish House styles then stuck my own old skool style on it and kept 'em quite basic with a 4 to the floor feel and a repetitive pattern running through it all except the middle eight. I'm pleased with some of them and rate them amongst some of the better dance tracks I've produced. Messing about with a couple of reggae re-mixes as well from tracks others have allowed me to work on so I'm quite busy on that front and still loving every minute of it.
    Glad to know you are still following your creative path and it is helping with your tinnitus. I really look forward to listening to some of your stuff when you decide it is ready for the public domain. Your tracks are somehow like children and it can be quite hard to let them go sometimes and share them with others. Good luck with the stuff you are working on and remember it's all about what pleases you. If it pleases others as well then that is a most satisfying bonus.
    Take care & thanx for catching up.
    Vis

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27 2012, 09:57

Sounds like you are going to be busy vis, on the music front, well keep it up as the track you put on the forum was really good.
    My problem hasnt been that i want to hang on to the tracks although i know what you mean, its just that i transferred from cd, to windows media, and then it wouldnt upload on u tube, because it needs to be in mp3 format, so i hope to get that sorted soon.
    The track "Time " is my initial attempt at doing something electronic, but with guitar too, and it seems to have worked.
    Its slightly kraftwerk, china crisis type sound, although i didnt set out to copy anyones style really, but i am pleased with it, as i said , people i dont know well are saying its good, rather than mates who might be guided by the fact they dont want to upset you by saying its good, rather than saying what they really think.
    Guess i will get the truth off of this lot on here, but i wouldnt have it any other way....lol.
    The tinnitus doesnt bother me now, it has faded into the background, its still there as loud as ever but half the time i dont notice it.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 28 2012, 09:34

Lew I use a bit of free software called DVDVideoSoft Free Studio to convert tracks into MP3's. If you use it be careful as when you download there are many options and all you want is the MP3 converter. There are many other similar programs about. Basically convert your WAV or WMA into whatever quality MP3 you choose. Make sure the size of the saved MP3 doesn't exceed your upload limit then upload. If you are going to post on YouTube then at least try to put a title page up (again there are lot's of free software programs that will allow you to do this) a video really helps , otherwise all people will see is a blank screen. Mate if there is any-more I can advise you on with this then please ask and here's hoping you get a track up soon for a listen . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 07:52