The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What is going on ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What is going on ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What is going on ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What is going on ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What is going on ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What is going on ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What is going on ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What is going on ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What is going on ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What is going on ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
BazSpur
shearspur
DJSR
MarkA249
8 posters

What is going on ?

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

What is going on ? Empty What is going on ?

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 10 2012, 19:02

Debates and banter are fine but looking in on certain threads is awful its going personal We all support the same team but its like Burger and mark2spark r back on here. I dont know why we are all adults we can debate and chat normally without personal insults or people throwing toys out of there pram.

One question i have though is whats the differnce in slagging of a player and a manager all the times Crouch got slagged off or VDV or Bassong they all tried there best for us had good games and bad same as a manager. Some people will take this as a dig but its not i promise u just a honest question what i want peoples answers for
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

What is going on ? Empty Re: What is going on ?

Post by DJSR Tue Dec 11 2012, 00:43

Mark, i think as someone said, some of us are coming on straight after the game feeling like sh*t, and that shows in their posts, maybe they should chill out first before posting as mentioned.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Dec 11 2012, 01:35

trouble is we need to let off steam, and the missus dont listen . you lot do. lol.people should put their opinions whether its straight after or not , as long as its not personal to another member. i put mine straight after in the omt and i was fuming. people shouldnt be so precious, take it as its meant, just another posters view whether right or wrong its all about opinions. just be prepared for reactions from others if they dont agree.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Dec 11 2012, 01:56

same as shear, i posted straight after the game, couldnt resist lol

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11 2012, 03:05

thats why we should have a over the top reaction thread.

there we can say what we want and if you dont want to read players getting slagged of then dont read lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Dec 11 2012, 04:01

Funny enough I thought the same thing yesterday Lought. I could make a forum for it. What does everyone think? That way all threads that start going the way of the Daft thread can be moved to the "Over the top reaction forum" May be we could call it the let off steam forum. That way it could be kept away from Spurs Chat.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11 2012, 04:31

its a great idea. then people know not to take that thread to seriously.

i cant wait to tell vis my thoughts on crouch Very Happy
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Dec 11 2012, 05:03

not for me baz, it will become to sterile. posts that are slightly on the edge with an opinion will be moved to the new section. you will constantly be having to monitor all the posts. were all adults ( i presume ) so for people to get the hump about another post is a bit over the top. the good thing about this forum is your not to over the top policing everybodys thoughts on players, matches , chairmen,thfc, etc .keep it how it is mate thats what makes it interesting. just my opinion, your the guvnor.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Dec 11 2012, 05:35

shearspur wrote:not for me baz, it will become to sterile. posts that are slightly on the edge with an opinion will be moved to the new section. you will constantly be having to monitor all the posts. were all adults ( i presume ) so for people to get the hump about another post is a bit over the top. the good thing about this forum is your not to over the top policing everybodys thoughts on players, matches , chairmen,thfc, etc .keep it how it is mate thats what makes it interesting. just my opinion, your the guvnor.

Really Shear? There would be some that would disagree mate lol.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Dec 11 2012, 06:19

Leave it as it is Baz, nothing wrong with the board, great bunch of lads and you and your helpers do a great job running it. I do think it very sad people get so up tight and agree that after a defeat it is best to stay off the board untill we have calmed down, maybe with a stiff drink or a Horlicks. Me, I feel to sick to come on the board when we have lost, then again I don't know if it is because we have lost or my wife's cooking. I could not bring myself to watch match of the day, mainly because I drowned my sorrows in Horlicks and fell asleep in the bloody armchair. I think we will bounce back from this defeat and still believe in AVB and the lads and that the future is bright for the club. It will take time, and sure there will be some slip ups along the way, but I can only see a bright future for this club under AVB. Keeping the faith lads. Mark put a video up the other day, the lad with cancer, what a brave young lad, and to think we have posters at each others throats because they fail to share the same point of view, not worth it is it. I love to read a good debate but all these nasty remarks are out of order and I do hope that Lew and Ion continue to grace the board with there views.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 11 2012, 07:22

Leave as is Baz. People will always disagree and some more then others. We are all adults and should be able to fight our own corners. The one thing I do find disappointing is when 2 posters resort to name calling for the sake of a ruck. As I said we are grown ups and name calling belongs in the playground . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Dec 11 2012, 08:02

shearspur wrote:trouble is we need to let off steam, and the missus dont listen . you lot do. lol.people should put their opinions whether its straight after or not , as long as its not personal to another member. i put mine straight after in the omt and i was fuming. people shouldnt be so precious, take it as its meant, just another posters view whether right or wrong its all about opinions. just be prepared for reactions from others if they dont agree.

And here Shear, her indoors is a Man Utd fan!

Like you, I went straight into the OMT to be with my fellow down casts, to chat where it all went wrong. I posted a couple of observations in my post but I then allowed myself to be reeled in Fishing Rolling Eyes by all that other nonsense in the Daft thread.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Dec 11 2012, 08:24

BazSpur wrote:Funny enough I thought the same thing yesterday Lought. I could make a forum for it. What does everyone think? That way all threads that start going the way of the Daft thread can be moved to the "Over the top reaction forum" May be we could call it the let off steam forum. That way it could be kept away from Spurs Chat.

Please Baz , not another Forum section , Spurs chat is slow enough as it is and how many of the other sections are dormant ?

I feel, Spurs Chat should have in it, the OMT , an other matches thread, knee Jerk thread, Youth Player thread , transfer thread and after each season they're filed away into sections. To much stuff is buried away in sections.

I'm watching Fulham v Noocastle and Ben Arfa has just scored a cracker to make it 1-1 , nice river too and maybe if one or two on here were to get involved about football other than THFC , like the Swansea doin the a*se or Messi getting 86 goals, there may be less confrontations.

Roddallega with a header, 2-1 to Jol's boys! Good game

http://tykestv.eu/livestream.php
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Dec 11 2012, 08:28

I think you should keep it as it is, but on that note, I think I deserve some kind of award, maybe the best poster to prompt debate and over the top reaction to my post from certain posters Award . confused lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Dec 11 2012, 08:56

Seems everyone wants it left as it is. The board has spoken. It stays as it is. Thanks for the feedback lads and lasses.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 13:39