The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB whats going on EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB whats going on EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB whats going on EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB whats going on EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB whats going on EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB whats going on EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB whats going on EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB whats going on EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB whats going on EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB whats going on Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
shearspur
djfitzo
6 posters

AVB whats going on

AVB whats going on Empty AVB whats going on

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 07:24

3 defeats in 3 games.
    playing players out of postion. playing the same players when we have players on the bench.

why didnt huddleston holtby defoe start today.
    why loan towsend out to qpr when we needed cover for lennon.

hes just got player of the month for qpr.

ekotto left wing today then playing parker for 2 games in 3 days and thats with extra time on thursday.

we blamed harry for not using the sqaud and now avb doing the same
    djfitzo
    International
    International

AVB whats going on Empty Re: AVB whats going on

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 18 2013, 09:05

Loughtonlegend wrote:3 defeats in 3 games.
    playing players out of postion. playing the same players when we have players on the bench.

why didnt huddleston holtby defoe start today.
    why loan towsend out to qpr when we needed cover for lennon.

hes just got player of the month for qpr.

ekotto left wing today then playing parker for 2 games in 3 days and thats with extra time on thursday.

we blamed harry for not using the sqaud and now avb doing the same

Just don't understand why after months of rotation, when we really need to do it, AVB is losing it, lets just hope it's one of those things and we come back bright and breezy after the International break, Cheatski have a backlog of games what with the fa cup reply and Europa cup and the scum seem to be getting the rub of the green and don't have RVP goals this season.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18 2013, 09:23

yep i dont understand that.

huddlestone is not a bad player and was playing most of the games when we got 4th the first season with him and modric in the midddle.

we got options but we not using them.

why loan out jenas and bentley.

we made sqaud thin to help other clubs out
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Mar 18 2013, 22:25

Sorry but the pessimist in me says we've blown it again this season. Arsenal have a much easier run in plus a game in hand. Chelsea looking good as well now, could have scored 6 Saturday.it was in our hands and I think we've bottled It again.yesterday was a shocking display. Europa cup is still winnable but 4th is gone IMO. Sorry
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 19 2013, 00:03

Goons remaining games, not as easy as it seems, hold onto yer pants lads!!

Sat 6th Apr 15.00 W.B.A. AWAY

Sat 13th Apr 15.00 Norwich HOME

Tue 16th Apr 19.45 Everton HOME

Sat 20th Apr 15.00 Fulham AWAY

Sun 28th Apr 16.00 Manchester United HOME

Sat 4th May 15.00 QPR AWAY

Sun 12th May 15.00 Wigan Athletic HOME

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 19 2013, 00:09

And now the full list!!

[quote="djfitzo"]Goons remaining games, not as easy as it seems, hold onto yer pants lads!!

Sat 30th Marc 15.00 Reading HOME

Sat 6th Apr 15.00 W.B.A. AWAY

Sat 13th Apr 15.00 Norwich HOME

Tue 16th Apr 19.45 Everton HOME

Sat 20th Apr 15.00 Fulham AWAY

Sun 28th Apr 16.00 Manchester United HOME

Sat 4th May 15.00 QPR AWAY

Sun 12th May 15.00 Wigan Athletic HOME

Sun 19th May 16.00 Newcastle AWAY
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Mar 19 2013, 00:48

Some shocking results, and some shocking displays by players. I read that AVB is shouldering responsibility for our bad result yesterday, and I admire him for having the guts to stand up and take the blame. But, I do not believe for one minute that AVB has gone from being a b---dy good manager to one who has lost the plot and feel the players should share some of the blame. Prior to the Liverpool game we looked as though we could even get third place and maybe run down City, but the Liverpool game changed all that and it was not down to AVB we lost that game but some stuppid mistakes by certain players, AVB can not do anything about players throwing games away by making bad back passes. So can we still get fourth?, why not, we have to play City, but they lost at Everton, they are not unbeatable, Chelsea will be tough, and Everton will have a couple of players missing due to suspensions when we play them. If anything, the biggest reason for us missing out on fourth, and that is if we do imo, is all our eyes have been focused on the Europa Cup, was this a good thing, will it cost us fourth spot because of AVBs desire to win this competition. The goons only have to worry about fighting for a top four finish, have we taken on to much, I pray we have not, it will go to the wire but I think we will get there in front of the gooners.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 19 2013, 01:51

Boltjean wrote:Some shocking results, and some shocking displays by players. I read that AVB is shouldering responsibility for our bad result yesterday, and I admire him for having the guts to stand up and take the blame. But, I do not believe for one minute that AVB has gone from being a b---dy good manager to one who has lost the plot and feel the players should share some of the blame. Prior to the Liverpool game we looked as though we could even get third place and maybe run down City, but the Liverpool game changed all that and it was not down to AVB we lost that game but some stuppid mistakes by certain players, AVB can not do anything about players throwing games away by making bad back passes. So can we still get fourth?, why not, we have to play City, but they lost at Everton, they are not unbeatable, Chelsea will be tough, and Everton will have a couple of players missing due to suspensions when we play them. If anything, the biggest reason for us missing out on fourth, and that is if we do imo, is all our eyes have been focused on the Europa Cup, was this a good thing, will it cost us fourth spot because of AVBs desire to win this competition. The goons only have to worry about fighting for a top four finish, have we taken on to much, I pray we have not, it will go to the wire but I think we will get there in front of the gooners.

Well said Len, we still have the points at this stage, they still have to win that game in hand against Everton with their suspensions finished to get within one point, with only 8 games to go, I think they overhauled us earlier last season, so come on guys, lets roar them over the line.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Mar 19 2013, 03:18

Zero negative perspiration . . . . . .

crystalball

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19 2013, 03:46

the only games i blame avb for is inter and fulham.
    we cant judge him until hes had a whole pre season and got hes players in.

i do think arsneal will catch us but i rekon we will get 4th

chelsea have so many games to play
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Mar 19 2013, 04:10

AVB whats going on Dimita12
    oh well i made the press lol, thats me in the blue coat and baseball cap screaming noooooooooooo as berbatov slotted home.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Mar 19 2013, 04:13

AVB whats going on Dimita16
    other pic was to big lol and this ones to small doh ! click on it it gets large

Last edited by shearspur on Tue Mar 19 2013, 04:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : total cock up by computer illiterate 50 something)
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Mar 19 2013, 05:03

I think we will struggle now. April is a big month for us as we have 6 games in the month and 3 of them are Everton,Man city and Chelsea plus Wigan who will be fighting like hell to avoid relegation.

We needed that 8 point cushion we had a week ago to fend of the a*se who always seem to come good at the end as we seem to fade.

To be honest I think we possibly may have over echeived earlier on and our 12 game unbeaten run coincided with Bale playing out of his skin. It seems if he has an indifferent game then the rest are not good enough to carry it off.

As everybody knows....everybody except Levy that is... we should have had a striker in a long time ago. Had we done that and added also a playmaker to replace Modric
    then I honestly think we could have made 2nd easily.

Now our problem is if we don't make top 4 who will leave and who would want to join us.

It's not over yet but Chelsea are winning again so are the a*se and don't forget Everton who are right there also.

To be honest this current side will not go very far in the CL so if we do get top 4 then we have to buy big.

It's going to be a heart stopping couple of months but if AVB is as good as some believe he is then he has to make sure the players turn it around straight away. The same way that red nose would.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 19 2013, 05:41

totalytot wrote:
    I think we will struggle now. April is a big month for us as we have 6 games in the month and 3 of them are Everton,Man city and Chelsea plus Wigan who will be fighting like hell to avoid relegation.

We needed that 8 point cushion we had a week ago to fend of the a*se who always seem to come good at the end as we seem to fade.

To be honest I think we possibly may have over echeived earlier on and our 12 game unbeaten run coincided with Bale playing out of his skin. It seems if he has an indifferent game then the rest are not good enough to carry it off.

As everybody knows....everybody except Levy that is... we should have had a striker in a long time ago. Had we done that and added also a playmaker to replace Modric
    then I honestly think we could have made 2nd easily.

Now our problem is if we don't make top 4 who will leave and who would want to join us.

It's not over yet but Chelsea are winning again so are the a*se and don't forget Everton who are right there also.

To be honest this current side will not go very far in the CL so if we do get top 4 then we have to buy big.

It's going to be a heart stopping couple of months but if AVB is as good as some believe he is then he has to make sure the players turn it around straight away. The same way that red nose would.

Mikey M

Mikey, Arsenal only did it last season because of RVP goals, they have had a lucky couple of matches and Michu as been knocking in the type of chances he missed on Saturday, they still have a leaky defence and I still think we will just pip them, Cheatski depends on whether they get any injuries and players like Lampard, Terry and Cole can cope with 6 games in 2 weeks , with a trip to Russia and Manure and us in that time, that's if any of their Internationals don't get injured in the next fortnight. Everton have to play Stoke and us without Fellaini and Pienaar, two key players for them, but they will be nice and rested for their trip to Arsenal.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19 2013, 05:55

people forgot by the time arsenal v man u come along man u will have the title .

maybe its best if man u go out the fa cup and keep chelsea in that. then they will have another game and man u wont have to rest players
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Mar 19 2013, 09:21

shearspur wrote:AVB whats going on Dimita16

Such a handsome man Get . . . clap well played Shear your 15 minutes of fame are signed, sealed & delivered. Respect & a rep coolie . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Mar 19 2013, 09:31

Guys, no sweat. AVB has made some questionable decisions over the last few games. It's a learning curve for him, & us as supporters. Many of us said a season of transition etc etc. We have exceeded expectations and therefore we expect more than may be possible. Good few games to go yet and the beauty of this is, strangely enough, the roller-coaster ride is well and truly up & running. Would you swap OUR club for any other? Thought not. COYS . . . . .

Pride
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:51

vis wrote:
    shearspur wrote:AVB whats going on Dimita16

Such a handsome man Get . . . clap well played Shear your 15 minutes of fame are signed, sealed & delivered. Respect & a rep coolie . . . . . .
    Cheers vis .should see me on a good day lol Burt Reynolds eat ya heart out.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 20 2013, 01:42

Repped for the for the piccy shear.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Mar 20 2013, 02:44

cheers baz.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20 2013, 06:09

nice pic shear.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Mar 20 2013, 06:42

cheers lought , pity it werent us scoring though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 21:41