The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Some Music By Me

vis

Some Music By Me

Post by vis on Mon Apr 01 2013, 08:19

For any one who is interested the link below should lead you to a page on Sound Cloud where I have uploaded a mini-album I have been working for the last few months. It's based around the concept of a day at the football and what what it was like in the early/mid 80's. Believe me guys this ain't Spurs. Back then I used to go to a lot of Gillingham games, home & away (them being my closest team) and hung around the edges, and sometimes I admit stepped right into, some of the small mischief that went on. I was no more then a foot soldier at best, possibly not even that! This is my take on it and what it meant and what it feels like to look back at it through rose tinted glasses all these years later. It's quite possible some of you chaps on here will have memories of your own about events such as these but from different times & places? It's 26 minutes and 9 different tracks long so needs a bit of spare time for a listen if you feel you want to. I enjoyed making this and it keeps me occupied in my spare time when I'm not on the forum lol. It's my hobby this kinda stuff. There are several different genres along the way and a explanation for each track. Pretentious maybe but I had fun back then and I had fun making this and hope that enjoyment comes across. Don't expect a new Dark Side Of The Moon before you may decide to listen lol. Anyway sorry to publicise me self but I'm sorta chuffed with this and the concept of it and thought I would share it with friends if they want a listen.
    Thanx peeps and don't feel embarrassed if you think it's crap and want to share that sentiment with me ha ha.
    Vis . . . .

https://soundcloud.com/visionarysoundsystem/going-to-the-football-mini
    flowers

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Re: Some Music By Me

Post by BazSpur on Tue Apr 02 2013, 03:02

f*cking hell vis. Great stuff. I take it you played all the instruments. Rep for that my man.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Apr 02 2013, 09:05

LOL Baz as for the instruments? I just arranged 'em. Pleased to know you enjoyed my humble effort. Thanx . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by BazSpur on Tue Apr 02 2013, 09:25

Ah, I see about the instruments mate. Great stuff.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Tue Apr 02 2013, 23:00

nice one vis, i liked track 4 neutrino as my favourite. nice and edgey, you could feel the tension building as your in the oppositions end not knowing how its gonna turn out. very good mate i will listen again this weekend with a beer if your keeping it on there. repped.

Post by BazSpur on Wed Apr 03 2013, 02:46

Rep from me too Vis.

vis

Post by vis on Wed Apr 03 2013, 06:10

Shear it's available as a free download so you can listen to it when it pleases you to lol. But yup it's going to be up for awhile yet. Basically until I need to free some account space up for more uploads! Thanx for the rep & kind words. Much appreciated by me . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Wed Apr 03 2013, 06:12

Thanx for the kind words & rep Baz. Greatly appreciate it mate . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 20 2018, 08:03