The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Caulker EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Caulker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Caulker EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Caulker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Caulker EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Caulker EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Caulker EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Caulker EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Caulker EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Caulker Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Caulker

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Caulker Empty Caulker

Post by totalytot Thu Aug 01 2013, 04:39

I see that Caulker is going to sign for Cardiff for £8. It's not a bad price for us but is it a good deal as he is a young guy with great potential and it makes us week in that CD area again.

He's a success from our academy and I'm surprised we are letting him go. I'm also surprised that he has agreed to go as he had a good season last year and he can only get better.

Still we will probably buy hm back in two years after he has established himself in the England team for 20 mil.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Caulker Empty Re: Caulker

Post by vis Thu Aug 01 2013, 04:59

Maybe he realised he wasn't going to get the 1st team football he felt he wanted Mikey so felt the move was right for him at this stage of his career? Vertonghen, Dawson, Kaboul, possibly the new Romanian lad & Naughton are all able to play his posistion. Always sad to see a prospect leave but the management obviously feel they can afford to lose him. I wish the lad every success should he leave (unless it's against Us lol) {apparently it's official as I type} and wish him the very best of everything . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Aug 01 2013, 05:00

Steven Caulker joins Cardiff from Tottenham for record fee

Cardiff have signed England international defender Steven Caulker from Tottenham for a club record fee, understood to be in excess of £8m.

Caulker, 21, spent a season on loan with Swansea City in 2011-12, playing 26 times as the Swans survived their first season in the Premier League.

He said: "I'm delighted to be here and excited for this fresh challenge.

"You get the sense of excitement from everybody at the club and I'm really looking forward to being part of it."

Steven Caulker made 26 appearances in the Premier League for Cardiff's rivals Swansea two seasons ago

Caulker, who scored against Sweden in his only appearance for England, is manager Malky Mackay's fourth signing of the summer and the club's second record signing of the transfer window.

The previous record was set when striker Andreas Cornelius moved from FC Copenhagen for £7.5m on 1 July.

His arrival was followed by the signings of Derby County defender John Brayford and Brentford goalkeeper Simon Moore.

Cardiff are still in negotiations with Toulouse over the potential transfer of midfielder Etienne Capoue after earlier being rebuffed by Thomas Ince, who chose to stay with Blackpool rather than move to the Welsh capital.

Caulker, who was part of the Great Britain squad at last year's London Olympics, only signed a new four-year contract with Tottenham last summer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content