The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
totalytot
vis
SuneJim
7 posters

WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) Empty WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Wed Oct 09 2013, 02:11

Have to say the West ham result really rankles with me,,,,,,,,,typical Tottenham. going on quite nicely and then shot ourselves in the foot. But now I've calmed down and had a second look is it really that bad?
    Everyone has had at least one embarrassing result that has been a surprise this season. We had a decent first half and the first two West Ham goals had a bit of comedy and luck about them. The third was a quality goal though, when we were pushing to get back into the game. So as long as we learn from it, it might be a bit of a reality check and kick up the backside and any other or any other sporting cliché you like lol. Come back from the International break and get stuck back in.
    Now on to team selection,,,,,, & this is no way a sign I've lost any faith in AVB, I do question not putting Soldado in from the start. Ok he hasn't scored from open play but was extremely unlucky especially against Cardiff and has been contributing from what i've seen.
    I still think we have a fantastic squad and with that unexpected loss only a point off a CL place and three off the top, so what do people want?
    I'd like to see Capoue back as soon as possible, as he looks a top quality player and Lennon gives us a more direct dimension and will help Soldado putting the ball in from wide rather than keep going through the middle. Rose has been a miss as well, can anyone believe they'd hear that from anyone.
    So all in all i'm more than happy with where we are with so many new players and most of the season still to go.
    Come on you Tottenham Hotspur!!!
    vis
    vis

WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take) Empty Re: WEST HAM & Season Start (My Take)

Post by vis Wed Oct 09 2013, 05:22

I've said elsewhere Jim that IMO that was the worst Spurs performence I have seen in a long time. ALL teams have them from time to time. Part of the learning curve you hope . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Oct 09 2013, 05:26

Well it is a reality check there's no doubt about that and I hope the players take that on board for the next game. Lets hope you're right about it's just a blip.

The main concern for me was the lack of fight when we went 1-0 down and after the second they seemed to turn it in. I hope it's just that it's new to most of them playing in the prem and AVB has a word in their ear.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Wed Oct 09 2013, 05:40

didnt think they turned it in. thought they kept going and thats how west ham scored.
    they just hit us on the break.

west ham new we had no cutting edge.

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Thu Oct 10 2013, 09:15

What I don'nt understand is why play Walker, Ndebele and Defoe on Thursday?
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:10

because avb not priotised thats why !!! hope he knows he be judged on getting 4th , then any cup second .
    more concenred on how we playing than who plays at this moment in time ,
    if you play your best team baring injuries suspensions then dont get top 4 then most fans would except that , they say we have a good squad then bloody use it then dont complain when we lose to west ham rant over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11 2013, 02:52

well said.

hes spent over 100 mill so hes got no excuses really.
    top 4 is a must.
    hes brought in hes players he wanted.

if he wanted dembele and defoe to play aganst west ham then why start in the uefa cup game.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Fri Oct 11 2013, 03:38

trying to keep everyone happy but when it all goes tits up avb will be shown the door funny old game football............... see what i did there greavsies pun.lol
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Oct 12 2013, 02:32

A very good post once again Jim. My wife and myself were on holiday, did not see the game but just before match of the day saw the news and result in our room and that was it for me, I could not bring myself to watch the highlights, and went to bed with the hump. By all accounts I heard we were bad and there does not seem to be any excuse for the result. However, I would like to know why Arsenal played a Champions League game at home on a Tuesday, get four days rest and then play Sunday, why could they not play Saturday. We are playing in Russia on a Thursday, I imagine we travelled back on a Friday, one day off then play Sunday, why could we have not played Monday evening?. I think this Europa Cup is going to be our downfall in trying to get a fourth place or higher finish. What would you prefer, a top four finish, or a Europa Cup victory and miss out on fourth?.
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Sat Oct 12 2013, 03:25

if only Gareth had stayed........ ehhhhh?????

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12 2013, 08:02

i think its a poor excuess. man u and man c both played strong teams in the uefa cup

we have a big sqaud and we played nearly the same players on sunday that played thursday.
    made no sence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 06:26