The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
For the Levy out brigade EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
For the Levy out brigade EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
For the Levy out brigade EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
For the Levy out brigade EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
For the Levy out brigade EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
For the Levy out brigade EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
For the Levy out brigade EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
For the Levy out brigade EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
For the Levy out brigade EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

For the Levy out brigade Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
DJSR
totalytot
LOVELOVEROCKET
seebee1944
8 posters

For the Levy out brigade

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

For the Levy out brigade Empty For the Levy out brigade

Post by seebee1944 Tue Mar 18 2014, 23:21

Haven't seen it reported anywhere but for those interested, there was a small but vocal demo against Mr Levy before the game on Sunday.
    Still don't see what it will achieve if Enic were to sell up.

Last edited by seebee1944 on Wed Mar 19 2014, 02:19; edited 1 time in total
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

For the Levy out brigade Empty Re: For the Levy out brigade

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Wed Mar 19 2014, 01:00

levy offered tim the option for a left back in last window tim turned it down .

didnt baldini choose the players and levy got them !

on paper WE all thought the signings wernt to bad but have never gelled.

we went for numbers , potential - over quality !

so if we bring 3 in in summer they must be 25 - 28 yrs bracket and proven.

can we afford to wait for lamela to come good ?

we defo need a class left back and creative midfielder 100% failure to address this problem will see us slip futher away.

levy as backed the managers 100% on targets but he is a business man and wont like seeing us look so bad after putting up the money.

we all can play football manager and just because you buy players what look good on paper dont always make a perfect team.

you got to have a gameplan.

in prem you need pace , strength first.

followed by postioning awareness.

depending on the manager if you got the wrong players - the system then clearly wont work.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Mar 19 2014, 19:02

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:levy offered tim the option for a left back in last window tim turned it down .

didnt baldini choose the players and levy got them !

on paper WE all thought the signings wernt to bad but have never gelled.

we went for numbers , potential  -  over quality !

so if we bring 3 in in summer they must be 25 - 28 yrs bracket and proven.

can we afford to wait for lamela to come good ?

we defo need a class left back and creative midfielder 100% failure to address this problem will see us slip futher away.

levy as backed the managers 100% on targets but he is a business man and wont like seeing us look so bad after putting up the money.

we all can play football manager and just because you buy players what look good on paper dont always make a perfect team.

you got to  have a gameplan.

in prem you need pace , strength first.

followed by postioning awareness.

depending on the manager  if you got the wrong players  - the system then clearly wont work.

But who picks the manager Levy and how many failures have we had under him? To many.

Who dithered in the transfer market playing one upmanship? Levy.

Who didn't buy a striker at least 2 seasons ago when everybody else could see we were crying out for one? Levy.

Who has given a completely inexperienced guy a 18 month contract as our manager? Levy.

I read yesterday that Enic owner Joe Lewis is not satisfied with what has happened this season and is going to take charge of things at the end of the season. So we might be heading for a big shake up.

Mikey M
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Mar 26 2014, 21:24

I think the majority of the new signings will only get better, they cant get any worse lol but tbf they havent played regularly and that would affect the players form/performance.

Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado, Chadli, Chiriches,  will all come good. Eriksen & Chiriches have already.

Capoue looks promising, but there were rumours of him leaving, but injuries have held him back. I think Paulinho wants out, his form has dropped towards the end of the Season, but it could be the injuries, we will see!

With regards to Levy, i think he's doing fine, remember its difficult to bring in big named players/managers if we arent in the CL and Levy has had no choice but to sell our better players in the past if they want out, no point keeping a player if they dont want to be at the club. Financially, the club is doing very well, the main problem is Baldini maybe, something makes me think that he got a cut of the transfer fee's, conspiracy theories lol
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Mar 26 2014, 22:42

Great to see you back DJ. Read your post re the new players will all come good, totally agree. Just one point to make, it has been reported that Borussia Dortmund are showing interest in Chiriches to replace Mats Hummels who could be on his way to Man United. I rate Chiriches, a far better player than Dawson and hope it is all paper talk.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Mar 27 2014, 04:22

Boltjean wrote:Great to see you back DJ. Read your post re the new players will all come good, totally agree. Just one point to make, it has been reported that Borussia Dortmund are showing interest in Chiriches to replace Mats Hummels who could be on his way to Man United. I rate Chiriches, a far better player than Dawson and hope it is all paper talk.

Cheers Bolt, been working overtime recently, hence why i havent been about.

I also just read that BVB want Chiriches, personally i wouldnt sell him, but at this time of the season, its probably media crap.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 27 2014, 07:11

Vertonghen will leave, Chirces possibly not . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Mar 29 2014, 23:59

DJSR wrote:I think the majority of the new signings will only get better, they cant get any worse lol but tbf they havent played regularly and that would affect the players form/performance.

Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado, Chadli, Chiriches,  will all come good. Eriksen & Chiriches have already.

Capoue looks promising, but there were rumours of him leaving, but injuries have held him back. I think Paulinho wants out, his form has dropped towards the end of the Season, but it could be the injuries, we will see!

With regards to Levy, i think he's doing fine, remember its difficult to bring in big named players/managers if we arent in the CL and Levy has had no choice but to sell our better players in the past if they want out, no point keeping a player if they dont want to be at the club. Financially, the club is doing very well, the main problem is Baldini maybe, something makes me think that he got a cut of the transfer fee's, conspiracy theories lol

Good to hear from you DJ.

Personally I think Vert, Paulinio, Capoue and Chiriches will leave in the summer.
    I don't entirely agree about not being able to keep players if they want to leave. Liverpool managed to keep hold of Suarez when he wanted out and look at their season could be champions, although I doubt it. Rooney at Utd was another. If you have a contract you can make a player stay if you want to.

It's all about ambition and if the players can see your club has it they can be persuaded to stay.

As regards Levy I'm not a fan and I do feel he has let us down with bad choices of managers and with the appointment of Baldini. He's a great administrator and has looked after the clubs finances very well and we are strong in that department and I agree it is important for the club. However I think his interference and bungling of signings and managers has put the club back a few seasons.

I agree that the players will get better next year but are they really good enough to mount a challenge for the title and a run in the CL? I don't think they are.

What players in our squad would get in the Chelsea, City or now the Liverpool side? I can't see any.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:53

Not just Levy re choice of managers. On average we have had 20 managers in 20 years so it has been going on for a long while. We need to cut out this never ending spiral of changing managers.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Mar 31 2014, 22:56

BazSpur wrote:Not just Levy re choice of managers. On average we have had 20 managers in 20 years so it has been going on for a long while. We need to cut out this never ending spiral of changing managers.

The trouble is Baz it's not just us it seems to be the norm these days. A run of defeats and clubs want a quick fix and sack managers. You only have to look at Cardiff, Swansea and WBA to see that it can work against you. They all looked pretty safe in mid table but after they sacked their managers the clubs are now in a relegation battle.

I don't think AVB was a good manager and I believe time will show that but he should have been kept on till' the end of the season. He certainly couldn't have done any worse than Sherwood has.

It will be interesting to see the Utd situation at the end of the season if they don't make CL which looks more than likely now. They have had a manager for 25 years will they change Moyes after just a season? I don't think they will.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 31 2014, 23:09

I agree Mikey, clubs these days are impatient with the managers they appoint and we are one of the worst. I'd add Fulham to Cardiff and Swansea. I wonder if Fulham regret their decision to sack BMJ because at least they had continuity with him. As for AVB as you know I liked him and thought he would come good for us but I guess we'll never know now. It looks like LVG will be our manager next season. Hope the supporters get behind him and stay behind him. It will take time for him to put his mark on the team but we have to be patient. That's what worries me about Levy. He is not a patient man but if as you say Joe Lewis is taking charge it might be different.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Apr 01 2014, 04:48

Whoever is in charge next season has a massive task. We have too many not good enough, nor likely to be good enough ie Rose, Naughton too many triers but not good enough ie Dawson, Rentacrab and too many who don't want to be there ie Vertonghen Paulinho. At present Mr "no one in the dressing room would shed a tear if the manager was sacked tomorrow" Sherwood now finds that particular quote appropriate to him.

Yes we need stability but too much is wrong at present for that to be achieved.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Apr 01 2014, 07:44

Rentacrab  lmao , delicious & repped . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Apr 01 2014, 08:36

BazSpur wrote:I agree Mikey, clubs these days are impatient with the managers they appoint and we are one of the worst. I'd add Fulham to Cardiff and Swansea. I wonder if Fulham regret their decision to sack BMJ because at least they had continuity with him. As for AVB as you know I liked him and thought he would come good for us but I guess we'll never know now. It looks like LVG will be our manager next season. Hope the supporters get behind him and stay behind him. It will take time for him to put his mark on the team but we have to be patient. That's what worries me about Levy. He is not a patient man but if as you say Joe Lewis is taking charge it might be different.

I think the supporters will get behind Van Gal if he comes Baz and be patient. The dissapointment about that though is that we should'nt be in a position of transition we should be up there with the best fighting for honours with the top teams based on where we have finished in the last few seasons.

We should have built on making the QF of the CL under Redknapp a couple of seasons ago and we should also have built a team around Bale and brought in the right players to support him.

We had a great opportunity this season and we blew it and you then start to wonder will we ever make it.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Apr 02 2014, 04:54

They are now saying that Spurs are trying to appoint Carlo Ancelotti as Levy is thought to have distanced himself from Van Gaal after he angered Levy by revealing an approach was made before Sherwood was hired. Another story suggest that Levy is going to stand by Sherwood for at least another season and will help him bring in the players he requires. Fed up with this paper talk, season after season it's let's rock the boat called Tottenham Hotspur.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Apr 03 2014, 00:23

Boltjean wrote:They are now saying that Spurs are trying to appoint Carlo Ancelotti as Levy is thought to have distanced himself from Van Gaal  after he angered Levy by revealing an approach was made before Sherwood was hired. Another story suggest that Levy is going to stand by Sherwood for at least another season and will help him bring in the players he requires. Fed up with this paper talk, season after season it's let's rock the boat called Tottenham Hotspur.

Len the one day in the year that papers are allowed to put in ridiculous stories is April 1st - and the "Ancelotti for the Lane" story falls into that category.

I suspect the "Levy to stand-by Sherwood" would also go into that box.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content