The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Sgt Wilson EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Sgt Wilson EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Sgt Wilson EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Sgt Wilson EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Sgt Wilson EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sgt Wilson EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sgt Wilson EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Sgt Wilson EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Sgt Wilson EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sgt Wilson Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Sgt Wilson

Sgt Wilson Empty Sgt Wilson

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 20:23

Well, certainley hope this is just meeja B/S. This is a guy I would NOT want to see leave . . . . . . . .

Wilson Palacios has stunned Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp by admitting he is using Spurs to get a move to Real Madrid. The Honduran midfielder has been a key player for Redknapp's side following his £12million move from Wigan last January. But Palacios, 25, reckons he has bigger fish to fry.
    Full story: The Sun
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Sgt Wilson Empty Re: Sgt Wilson

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:03

VisionarySound wrote:Well, certainley hope this is just meeja B/S. This is a guy I would NOT want to see leave . . . . . . . .

Wilson Palacios has stunned Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp by admitting he is using Spurs to get a move to Real Madrid. The Honduran midfielder has been a key player for Redknapp's side following his £12million move from Wigan last January. But Palacios, 25, reckons he has bigger fish to fry.
    Full story: The Sun

Vis, its come from the Sun, what do you expect, they probably asked him if hed like to play for Real Madrid and like any pro footballer he said yes, then they add the using Spurs as a stepping stone b*llocks ansd hey presto another unsettled player.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:25

From the Sun PMSL? It must be true then. Now, if it was backed up by the News Of The World I might believe it Sgt Wilson Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:30

Main | il Potenziale »
    Wednesday
    10Mar2010

Really Mad is our Wilson

Sgt Wilson TransparentWednesday, March 10, 2010 at 10:29AM

Palacios to Madrid? It's an exclusive apparently, with The Sun running the story that Wilson would one day like to play for Real Madrid. And one day I'd like to return to the white island, Ibiza, and dance my a*se off on the terrace at Space (although ideally would prefer to be part of the chemical casualty mess that is/was DC10). But that's not going to happen because DC10 has shut-down thanks to the corrupt police force and government. But that doesn't mean I won't return to Ibiza. I'm sure I will. Just wont be able to go exactly where I want because the choice won't be available to me. Much like Wilson probably won't join Madrid, but might end up at another club that plays CL consistently.

Look, let's be honest here. If he rediscovers the form he had prior to the death of his brother, someone bigger will attempt to pluck him from our grasp. It always happens. It's big fish eat little fish. On current form, and believe me he is imperative to our backbone, he's Premier League class, international class but not world class. Not to say Madrid don't sign their fair share of not-great players, but at the moment we can sleep peacefully about it. He won't be moving on anytime soon.

He's ambitious. He obviously has much self-belief and it's a shame not all our players think the same way because then the collective eagerness to be better might pull the whole club forwards. And if we move forwards, enough to finish 4th, then Wilson wouldn't have to move.

The Sun have lifted the quotes from this interview here.

And in fact (thanks to a part translation from Cule-Spur), Wilson actually states the following:

"I'll keep working hard so that I'll soon have the possibility of playing for a bigger club."

Which is probably more worrying (if you're that way inclined) than the quote from the tabloid that reads as follows:

"I am really happy at Tottenham but I will continue working for a future move to a bigger club"

If anyone can translate the interview in full, please do. Other bits translated - from Cule-Spur - include Wilson talking about the anger he felt after his performance against Arsenal earlier in the season. He states he would love to play for Real Madrid (no shocker) and before you crucify the guy, he does say that he's never thought about playing for a bigger English club because he's very happy at Spurs.

Obviously, without question, if any player at the club no longer wants to be at the club, then show them the door. If the time comes, then take the pin and move it slowly towards the effigy. It does make me shake my head though how footballers don't stop to think how their comments might be perceived and latched onto and then possibly have their quotes distorted (not that they have in this case) and cause an ever so slight air of despondency. All quite unnecessary really.
    Wilson - you play for Spurs. Talk up Spurs.

But regardless of all this non-eventfulness, sing up for The Panther and the team. Don't let the bed-bugs bite. This will be forgotten about tomorrow.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Mar 11 2010, 00:06

Well said Baz. I agree that we would'nt want to lose Wilson but on the other hand you're right he is a good player but not a great one and therefore not good enough for Real Madrid but he does a job for us although his form has'nt been to consistent of late.
    Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 11 2010, 01:11

Not my article Total.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 05:44

wish more people would insert the post instead of puttin a link up. i get fed up keep opening differnt pages

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 06:15

But if you insert the post Lought rather then the link, people seem take it as your own opinion rather than a subject that others may enjoy debating. Then the messenger gets shot for the message . . . .. . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 11 2010, 08:45

I will put not my article in future. Everyone should do the same. I agree Vis. I have been shot at a few times for posting an article that wasn't mine.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 09:09

The other way Baz is to state at the top of the post where you cropped the piece from and that it does not necessarily represent your personal views. . Sometimes articles "borrowed" from press sources or other media, including different forums, can make intresting reading & opens up worthwhile debate (the Crouch article springs to mind) and if it creates intrest & exchange thats a good thing for the whole forum & our lil community . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 11 2010, 11:47

It sure does Vis.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 11:59

its prob the papers stiring things up. and so what if he wants to play for real madrid 1 day. cesc wants to play for barce 1 day. as long as we get in top 4 we can buy bettter players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 20:15