The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Sgt Wilson. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Sgt Wilson. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Sgt Wilson. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Sgt Wilson. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Sgt Wilson. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sgt Wilson. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sgt Wilson. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Sgt Wilson. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Sgt Wilson. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Sgt Wilson. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Sgt Wilson.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Sgt Wilson. Empty Sgt Wilson.

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 13 2010, 22:26

Let`s give Wilson a break!

Playing the role of midfield enforcer can be a thankless task and rightly or wrongly Wilson Palacios is getting a whole lot of stick for his performances in the last year.

Now suggestions from some is that we have simply moved on as a side and he is no longer to the standard that we require, whilst perhaps more understandably there is the concern that the loss of his brother has had a huge impact on the player and in turn there isn`t quite the love or ambition to play football for the player, and let`s be honest could any of us be 100% certain that we wouldn`t feel the same emotional turmoil as Wilson is sure to have felt and probably still feeling?

A few months ago I remember writing that I hoped that either Honduras didn`t qualify or Wilson wasn`t selected for the World Cup, because I felt that perhaps a break from the game would have possibly done him the world of good instead of remaining in the football goldfish bowl without any real break from the game or its glare of publicity, and perhaps if he can`t take a break from football, perhaps he should be allowed to take a break from Spurs.

Obviously Spurs are in no way responsible for what happened, but it seems clear that all is not well with Wilson Palacios the footballer, irrespective to what is happening in the mind of the man. Palacios has gone on record that Spurs have been very supportive, but does the player simply need time away to recharge his batteries and hopefully regain his love and enthusiasm for the game?

Now I have often claimed that the role in the centre of the pitch is the hardest outfield role of all and there is simply no place to hide if you are not fit or focused and the role Wilson does is rarely one to get the plaudits of the uneducated fan, because if is rarely pretty and often ragged and last gasp, if you are not 100% you can look clueless and we all know that fans are unforgiving regardless of the reasons why there is a problem.

Now perhaps there isn`t a possibility to let Wilson take a long break from football and it might be the last thing he feels he needs at this time, but what about looking to loan him out to a side where he can perhaps learn to enjoy his football again? We have done this before with loaning Robbie Keane to Celtic, with the reasoning that he wanted football and to refresh and regain confidence, so why not try the same with Wilson, regardless of the reasoning for his decline in form?

Perhaps this would be something we would have to wait until January to do, partly due to the untried Sandro and the injured Jamie O`Hara, but I wonder if giving Wilson a few months away, perhaps even at Celtic, we could see a renewed and reinvigorated player return to WHL.

As fans we so often ignore that confidence and hunger are usually the differences between a player looking brilliant or average and perhaps if we give Wilson time away at a club where he can control and enjoy games as he did at Wigan and initially so brilliantly for us, we have a truly outstanding player again.

To see Wilson smile again would be a wonderful sight and I wonder if we need to think outside the box to regain it...

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7505742#ixzz0zPLxbrz5
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Sgt Wilson. Empty Re: Sgt Wilson.

Post by DJSR Mon Sep 13 2010, 22:56

I think a loan deal could make his form drop even more, especially playing in a lower league division, it would surely make the player even more unhappy. I really dont know why he isnt playing like he did before, his overall performances is starting to remind me a bit of Zokora, misplaced passes, lack of vision and passion. In some games i do see him tracking back well when he does lose's the ball, but thats about it. He really needs to sort himself out quickly, as we are losing the ball alot in midfield and its effecting the team performance and costing us valuable points.

Big game tomorrow, he will probably start, and maybe this type of game could up his performance.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 14 2010, 00:48

I'm going to pick up on a point that jim made a while back about palacios being a Red card waiting to happen, which is not the case at the moment because he's looking so flat and has lost the edge, i think he's experiencing a blip in his game atm 'well i hope thats the case , but then you look at the team as a whole i can't say any of erm look the part, its early days im sure in time things will sort its self out, if not then drop him.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 02:13

i think its because spurs have changed. when we got him we was struggling and we went in games fighting for points but now we go into games and try an attack them and it dont suit hes game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 18:50