The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ArnieArdiles
SuneJim
6 posters

WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD Empty WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD

Post by SuneJim Tue Apr 20 2010, 01:48

Now i know even with our recent results thinking we can win away at OT is a bit of a reach, but i for once really think we can.

Let's start with the strikers Defoe & Pav have been superb in our last couple of games & can cause anyone problems as we've seen. Then we have Crouch who's the sort of player The Manc's don't like playing against. Especially if he pulls wide & goes against there short Full Backs. Then the guile of Gudjohnsen late on would be a real challenge.

Then we have to look at what Harry will do stick with the midfield that has done so well or make room for the rested & revitalised Palacios. It's a real toughy that i don't envy Harry there. You shouldn't really change a winning team as it's not fair on the players left out but i personally think he has to. Palacios has to come in away from home. So then it's do we leave out Modric or push Bale back to LB & drop Assou-Ekotto. I'd go for the latter. Or it's drop Bentley & put Modric right which is a good option as well.

Bale can still be an impact on the game attacking wise from LB we've seen what his engine is like & i don't care who he's up against he'll be hard to stop. Neville won't have the pace & Rafael won't have the experience.

Plus Lennon will play some part in the game & that's means we have pace to burn down the flanks & with Huddlestone's pin point passing Man U won't have it all there own way.

Defence with Dawson & King who should be back will be solid & with either Kaboul or Corluka we have extra height in defencive area's & no little strength.

All that tells me we can go to OT with our heads held high with every chance there could be an upset on the cards for the prawn sandwich brigade!

WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD Empty Re: WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 01:55

i think we should stick with a winning team. they derserve it. remember wp last 2 games sunderland and portsmouth. now im not sayin its down to him we lost as it wasnt. we have to play bale left wing up aganst the oap nevil. he wil have a feild day.
    i hope harry has the balls to attack them. play the way we have been and we can do it, change our style and sit back and i think we will lose.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:04

.......Modders and Hudd have suprised me how well they were together so I would give that pairing another start ..........

Maybe Wilson could start at right back instead of Kaboul , make Lew happy too lol

I also like the idea of starting with Gudjonson for this one instead of Defoe as keeping possesion will be so important ..... ........

Gomes
    Palacious Dawson King Ekkoto

Bentley Modders Hudd Bale
    Eidur
    Pav

Lennon ( hopefully ) and Defoe, the subs to make an impact later on in the game ...

I also hope the ref is strong in this one , cos I know for sure, that tw*t, Neville would feed his mother to a pack of wolves if he felt it would help the Man Utd cause is gonna be kicking lumps out of Bale if he gets the chance .....
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Apr 20 2010, 02:19

No i think we have to play Sgt Wilson at OT against the likes of Fletcher, Scholes & either Gibson or Carrick we need his tenacity in the middle. While i thought Palacios did well last time he played at RB i want him in his right position. I say it time & time again football has no place for sentiment so i don't care about changing a winning team if i think we need to so we can contiune that winning streak.

The Gudjohnsen idea is an interesting one & i can certainly see where it's coming from. But i just think our goal threat would be better with Defoe & in the team. Plus Pav can hold up the ball as i've noticed in the last few games. Yes can play the odd loose ball but over all is only second behind Bale as our most improved player & the contribution they make.

For me Bentley or Assou-Ekotto has to make way for the good of the club not just personal gain.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 03:49

I can sum it up easier than that.
    You can beat them cos you're actually quite g...... g......... g......

Nah, can't say it.
    Rhymes with Hood WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD Lol
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Apr 20 2010, 04:26

Mark2spark wrote:I can sum it up easier than that.

Nah, can't say it.

Nice try though Mark even if the word GOOD got stuck in your throat lol.

But as i always say i watch The Sunday Supplement & they said on there we where still in with a shout for the same reason we're actually quite a good team.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 06:24

Utd play central more than out & out wide. Their best players are aging (except Rooney who I think will be on the bench). Berbs & Carrick ? No ex-player syndrome either ! Take Valencia (?) & Nanny out the game and what do they have ? Jim is spot on and WE SHOULD BELIVE. Hey guys we've done 'Pool, aresenil, Chelski (and they have also done us) this season. I figure we owe ManUre one . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 07:01

Mark2spark wrote:I can sum it up easier than that.

Nah, can't say it.
    Should ? As in SHOULD beat 'em ? Yay let's 'ope so Mark . . . .. . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 20 2010, 16:10

SuneJim wrote:No i think we have to play Sgt Wilson at OT against the likes of Fletcher, Scholes & either Gibson or Carrick we need his tenacity in the middle. While i thought Palacios did well last time he played at RB i want him in his right position. I say it time & time again football has no place for sentiment so i don't care about changing a winning team if i think we need to so we can contiune that winning streak.

The Gudjohnsen idea is an interesting one & i can certainly see where it's coming from. But i just think our goal threat would be better with Defoe & in the team. Plus Pav can hold up the ball as i've noticed in the last few games. Yes can play the odd loose ball but over all is only second behind Bale as our most improved player & the contribution they make.

For me Bentley or Assou-Ekotto has to make way for the good of the club not just personal gain.

Perhaps this Daily Mail link gives us an idea to what Harry is thinking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1267178/Luka-Modric-Tom-Huddlestone-hot-Spurs-stars-Tottenhams-surge-insists-Harry-Redknapp.html

I think, Hudd and Modric have shown a great tenacity in the last two games and what's more , it's been a controlled tenacity with not giving away free-kicks on the edge of our area.... The way both players were breaking down the Chavs attacks then coming out of defence with the ball ( Modric especialy) was of a high standard .... With Pav and Eidur ahead of them we can be confident that when they recieve the ball it wont come back towards our goal to quickly ........ Bale on the left and and Bentley on the right, providing yet more ball stickability ... The Chavs recently went upto ManUre, played a possesion game and came away with the points after dominating the first hour..... I think we can do this too...
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Tue Apr 20 2010, 21:21

does this mean we!!! er... er.. want Aresnil to win Er... Er.. against chity
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 20 2010, 21:23

Yep, because they are out of the title race now anyway.
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Tue Apr 20 2010, 21:24

AWWW Ok then lets hope they w@n

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20 2010, 23:18

but if we win and man c win then its still ok as we have the better run in and also we can catch the goons
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Tue Apr 20 2010, 23:37

Very True loughton but even for me it will be more likely we lose they lose would be a win for us, anything better good for us
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 20 2010, 23:49

Well, I have it as a draw. I think we are capable of that.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 00:05

i cant see us winning as we never do. i think last time we won was 92 anyway im expecting a draw. and i hope arsenal win.
    Pavlar
    Pavlar
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by Pavlar Wed Apr 21 2010, 02:41

Will Rooney be playing if not they have no attacking prowess. Most man u fans want Carrick & Berba out but they always play well against us before these games i said i will be happy with 4 points but i want all 9.

Last edited by Pavlar on Wed Apr 21 2010, 02:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor spelling)
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 21 2010, 03:05

before these games i said i will be happy with 4 points but i want all

Now, now Pav don't get greedy. WHY WE CAN BEAT MAN UTD Lol By the way mate how did you hear about this site. Were you on the old AOL forums?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21 2010, 07:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:i cant see us winning as we never do. i think last time we won was 92 anyway im expecting a draw. and i hope arsenal win.

The above scenario guarantees us min 4th and CLQ next year
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Wed Apr 21 2010, 07:50

[quote="ArnieArdiles"].......Modders and Hudd have suprised me how well they were together so I would give that pairing another start ..........
    Maybe Wilson could start at right back instead of Kaboul , make Lew happy too lol
    I also like the idea of starting with Gudjonson for this one instead of Defoe as keeping possesion will be so important ..... ........
    Gomes

Eidur
    Pav

quote]
    I like the idea of playing Sargeant Wilson Palacious as a RB, I would bring Eidur for the second half though. You have to realise one important contributing factor in our two wins has been the surprise, pace and shock effect of going for the throught. Therefore Bale, Defoe and Pav to start, bombing foward with Hud and Modders bossing the midfield with Sageant, Ledders and Dawson patroling the back either way we have more options now Sargeant is available
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Apr 22 2010, 00:35

[quote="philip"]
    ArnieArdiles wrote:.......Modders and Hudd have suprised me how well they were together so I would give that pairing another start ..........
    Gomes

Eidur
    Pav

quote]
    I like the idea of playing Sargeant Wilson Palacious as a RB, I would bring Eidur for the second half though. You have to realise one important contributing factor in our two wins has been the surprise, pace and shock effect of going for the throught. Therefore Bale, Defoe and Pav to start, bombing foward with Hud and Modders bossing the midfield with Sageant, Ledders and Dawson patroling the back either way we have more options now Sargeant is available

You're right Phil about the suprise, shock and pace effect ,,,,going for the throat from the outset will be the way to win it for us ... So a more pace orientated game at first and we hopefully go into 2- 0 lead ... third game in, a row , why not ? ...Then when we have the Mancs coming on strongly in the last 20-25 mins , bring on Eidur for an exausted Defoe who already knew he were only in a 60 minute game before the kick off....

As for Wilson I'm sure that if he were asked to play the right back position , the team on the whole wouldnt have much to worry about ... For me, has all the attributes to succeed , he's fast , a good tackler and has bags of energy to get him up and down the right side ....In our last two premeirship games against ManUre hes not played to well and even got subbed at half-time in our home defeat.. But he plays in midfield for Honduras and I would think, he probably sees himself as a midfield player ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 07:18