The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
No big money signings ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
No big money signings ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
No big money signings ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
No big money signings ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
No big money signings ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
No big money signings ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
No big money signings ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
No big money signings ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
No big money signings ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

No big money signings ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
cstmrsking
BazSpur
6 posters

No big money signings !

No big money signings ! Empty No big money signings !

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 06:15

Well for those tapping in on the old transfer cobblers.......(.see the transfer forum !.)...........harry has said the club hasnt anyone on the wanted list as yet, so keep having a look in and see what the papers contrive as possible top stars coming to spurs now we are in the CL, i am sure we will reach the hundred mark before someone in fleet street actually (and probably by accident ) hits on the truth.

Seriously are we all happy with the players now at whl, are they strong enough for the cl or should this question be asked when we have all come back down from cloud nine ? No big money signings ! Lol

Personally i think the squad should only be tampered with...........with a velvet glove, there isnt much to be fixed, harry is the inspiration and he gets the best out of his players........and by the way, kaboul was a giant the other night....brilliant ! No big money signings ! 959550

No big money signings ! Empty Re: No big money signings !

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 06:19

i dont want whole changes. 3 players wil be enough. aslong as its not anton ferdinand bobby zamora and barry

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 06:27

How about Berbatov, Carrick & Andy Reid then Lought ? LOL . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 07 2010, 06:29

No big money signings? If you believe that you'll believe anything.

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 06:34

id take carrick. i dunno about berbatov because now we have a good sqaud we dont have any superstars. if berbatov comes back he will probb be like he was before and think hes the star player. andy reid is good at freee kicks but think he should stay where he is

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 06:41

I'd have Melbranque back to cover for the left. Kasper the friendley 'keeper as cover for the Lord Gomes and maybe a right back for cover . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 07:03

how about agent fulup back. although he left it a bit late to push the kaboul shot towards our crouch lol he had a good game and looks better then what i seen of alwick
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri May 07 2010, 09:37

Lets all just wait and see who we sell, that may be an indicator as to who or where we replace.

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 18:38

Very true Kingy. 'arry will have his own ideas of whose got what it takes to take us on . . .. . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 07 2010, 19:53

We are in the driving seat now, why would Modders and Bale swap first teamm footie at Spurs to rotate at Manure? Just ask Carrick. Ive heard Carrick and Berbatov in swap for Bale, get stuffed, they couldnt wait to jump ship.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 07 2010, 19:54

And heres the start

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bale-signs-new-contract-070510.html
    Pavlar
    Pavlar
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by Pavlar Fri May 07 2010, 20:17

GRRR Carrick coming back rumours still floating about.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 07 2010, 21:50

Pavlar wrote:GRRR Carrick coming back rumours still floating about.

Pav, as Bales just extended his contract and Modders is on a long term, can see how that would work, we dont need him anyway.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 07 2010, 22:58

We have Thudd, why do we need Carrick?

Post by Guest Fri May 07 2010, 23:26

If we are looking for a more holding type of midfield player to supplement what we have I would look at Citeh's Stephen Ireland . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 07 2010, 23:37

VisionarySound wrote:If we are looking for a more holding type of midfield player to supplement what we have I would look at Citeh's Stephen Ireland . . . . . .

Yeah, good shout Vis as he seems to be out of favour at the moment.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri May 07 2010, 23:47

Although our Strikers have played well this Season, i think we need a more consistant goal scorer who will notch in 25+ goals every Season.

I also agree with Vis about Ireland, duno why Citeh never play this guy, he's a talented footballer, would be a welcome addition to the Spurs squad but maybe not a regular starter in Midfield. We got Sandro coming in the Summer, another attacking midfielder.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat May 08 2010, 00:59

I'm more concerned about who we sell rather than who we buy. It's a well known fact that Harry wants Carrick and that could mean a swop with Modric going the other way and Ferguson has already said he likes Bale and with him being given 70 mil they could both go.
    I do agree that we need extra class players because as much as we have had a great season the current side in my opinion is not good enough to go to far in the CL. But if we keep the main players, the regular players and bring in say 3 more top names, who are more likely to join us now we are in the CL then we will be O.K. But there is no point in selling the spine of the side and bringing in the likes of Carrick, Kenwyn Jones and Carlton Cole, even Joe cole is not really needed.
    There are some players like Jenas, Bentley. O'Hara, Hutton, Woodgate etc that we could get good money for, probably between 35/40mil and help finance better players that would strengthen the squad not just for CL but for a higher push in the prem. next season.
    If we do that then next year could be an even better one than this year but lets hope Harry does the right thing and not buy some of the rubbish we have been associated with.
    Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 08 2010, 01:10

Bale just signed a 4 year extension according to the Tottenham Hotspur website today.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat May 08 2010, 01:21

As I said earlier, we are in the champs league, both Bale and Modders are on long term contracts and why swap regular starting positions for rotation at Manure? thats all Carrick does.
    As for Joe Cole, theres no way Levy will pay him £100k a week, thats why we are financial sound cos we dont pay stupid wages.

Post by Guest Sat May 08 2010, 01:24

joe cole can sod off. he cant get in the chelsea team and wants more money lol he should wait until hes gets back in chelsea team before he demands more money

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 00:26

Lol at the Steve Ireland desire.
    And you lot thought Bentley was a prima donna!!
    You ain't seen nothing yet No big money signings ! Lol

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 00:32

You won't be buying anyone big money anyway, you can't afford it. That's why you didn't buy anyone Jan window just gone.
    The interim report published Dec 09 showed a £8.3 mill loss.
    You would have lost money the previous year too if it wasn't for selling Berbatov.

It could be taken (seriously) that Levy is pumping the ol cockerel full of water to plump the bird up... everyone knows you getter a better price for a fatter bird.
    With CLQ achieved, just planning permission to go now, watch this space for a 'I told you so' takeover bid.
    Joe Lewis is down to less than his last £2 billion now as well.

Enter stage right, a fat russian gas field owner...

Post by Guest Sun May 09 2010, 00:45

PMSL Mark the desperation is bleeding thro'. Fat Russian ? Is his name alisher usmanov ? The unwelcome interloper at the kebabs R us stadium ? 12th richest club in the world on the 2010 Forbes list before C/L status was acheived. Not bad for a Fat Ole Bird pumped full of water ! I think though that the water being mentioned here is that which must be on your brain with such hollow, baseless fantasies . . . .. .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 09 2010, 01:02

No big money signings ! 912733 Mark No big money signings ! 858412

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29 2024, 00:50