The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Man City Game Goal and Stats. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Man City Game Goal and Stats. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Man City Game Goal and Stats.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Man City Game Goal and Stats. Empty Man City Game Goal and Stats.

Post by BazSpur Fri May 07 2010, 06:48

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Man City Game Goal and Stats. Empty Re: Man City Game Goal and Stats.

Post by ionman34 Fri May 07 2010, 17:25

Is that you on the video camera Baz?

Man City Game Goal and Stats. Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 07 2010, 18:20

Man City Game Goal and Stats. Lol I wish Ion. I couldn't help noticing how pi**ed off Mancini looked. Do you think he can see his job disappearing lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri May 07 2010, 23:44

[quote="BazSpur"]Man City Game Goal and Stats. Lol I wish Ion. I couldn't help noticing how pi**ed off Mancini looked. Do you think he can see his job disappearing lol.

He delivered some big promises Baz and didn't deliver. Arabs are notoriously impatient when they see something they want so he'll be under the microscope.
    I think he'll be there next season but how long he stays will depend on how well Citeh start the season.

Interestingly enough, did you know that Mancini has lost more games than Hughes did? 5 to Hughes' 2.
    I don't think they play any better than they did under Hughes and, to be honest, I think they have too many players that blow hot and cold.

I can't see them doing any better next term unless they get in some extra quality and our making fourth has really put the kibosh on that.

Neither can I see Villa or Liverpool getting any better. Villa, IMO, are nothing more than an extension of O'Neal, grafting but lacking in quality.
    Liverpool are full of ageing or mediocre players. Yes they can turn it on on the odd occasion but lack of CL I think will lead to a lack of Gerrard and Torres. I reckon the Spanish Waiter can see the writing on the wall too and won't be there either. I see Hodgeson is favourite to take his place. He won't do much unless they get sold and bankrolled big time. Even then they'll struggle without Gerrard and Torres.

I see Everton as the biggest threat. Actually, I think it's Spurs who are the biggest threat to our top 4 continuation. If they go 'Big time Charlie' on us then it'll all go tits up rapidly. Keep the professionalism and grow with the experience then I think we'll be good, particularly if we can bolster the team with some top class quality, particularly up front.

Not Berbatov though. Major liability. His antics could upset the harmony in the team, not to mention that some may have the 'ump with him anyway for the way he acted previously, and that could cost us dearly.

I still think we should bid for Torres. I don't think we'd get him but it sends a message to everyone else. The top 4 don't buy off the top 4, have you ever noticed that? Bidding for Torres is a way of saying 'back off Charlie! we're here to buy, not sell' and we're looking for World Class.

Closed season is where we make that plain. If Utd bid for Bale then we counter with Rooney. If they want Modric then we take Rooney. If they want Lennon then we want Rooney, Nani and Vidic.

Let's see some of that arrogance from the club. It may just send the message to the players that they are actually better than the majority of the Utd players, they may just get it in their heads that we need not fear them.

Then we'll watch them wipe the floor with the Mancs, put the last hoodoo to bed and make them realise that they are serious title contenders.

I've dreamed of this scenario my entire life and I can almost taste it.

Do it right Spurs and I can then share something special with my Old man, a Spurs title with our name feared across Europe once again.

Just as it should be.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 08 2010, 01:16

Hope so Ion. I must admit you have been right all along. By the way did you ever find that chippie Man City Game Goal and Stats. Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 06:52