The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
MAN CITY (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

MAN CITY (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

MAN CITY (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

MAN CITY (My Take) Empty MAN CITY (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Sat May 08 2010, 08:30

Let's start by saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just what the Doctor Ordered. No heart stopping last day (Away At Burnley) for the big lad with alcohol problems lol.

Right lets start with TEAM selection,,,,,,,,, spot on Harry. Went with attack in mind, even though others doubted the wisdom as he let slip in interview. But we have to have learnt from the a*se-nal & Chelsea away game we rolled over in going defencive.

I'm proud of every Man, Jack & Harry of them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was as good an away team performance, under extreme pressure as i've every seen for the Mighty Spurs. The BOY's Done Good lol. Now i heard a lot of people saying this was the biggest game since our 91 FA Cup with against Citeh,,, well i say it was bigger than that & the closest to it i can recall was the 84 Euro Win. OK that result didn't bring us silverware but it brought us a chance to dine at the top table in European football & shape our future only for the best.

Right on to the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i've advocated through the season it's time to drop King to the bench with his knee & go with Bassong & Dawson. Who it has to be said have played a massive part in our league finish. But King in the last couple of weeks has shown why he (Fully Fit) is the best CB the Country has. He was a colossus at Citeh & with Dawson in equally as dominating form we had a partnership that would mean City needed to find something special to get through us, but they came up short.

Kaboul & Assou-Ekotto played there part in a very good defencive display as well. Kaboul has excelled himself since playing RB.

Lennon while obviously not fully match fit had some moments of pure class. Bale while not at his best was still a handful. Huddlestone & Modric in the middle is starting to look a real force with so many good attributes between them it's heart warming. Just need to add goals the pair of them but hopefully that will come.

Defoe was off the pace a bit at times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but the snap chance Fulop superbly saved sums the little man up. Give him a sniff in the area & he comes alive.

Crouch was the main man & it doesn't happen often i'll give him any accolades at all but he had his best game in a Spurs Shirt & has made himself a hero with that goal.

I can't emphasise enough the effect of having Gomes in goal played on the game as well. The defence have every confidence in him now & you can see that a mile off.

Citeh had the majority of possession without showing to much to really worry us,,,,,,,,,,, but we looked the more dangerous in attack & solid in defence. While we missed a few chances i think we scored just at the right time. So late it demoralised them & never gave them time to retaliate.

A 10 out of 10 TEAM PERFORMANCE just when it was most needed!

Now third is a distant possibility,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but that will take more luck than we've ever had. But if ever we've earned it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so watch this space.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

MAN CITY (My Take) Empty Re: MAN CITY (My Take)

Post by BazSpur Sat May 08 2010, 09:06

Great Assessment as usual Jim.

Post by Guest Sat May 08 2010, 09:55

We're due some luck Jim ! Maybe, just maybe . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 14:08