The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs Sunday Supplement. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs Sunday Supplement. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Spurs Sunday Supplement.

Spurs Sunday Supplement. Empty Spurs Sunday Supplement.

Post by Guest Mon May 10 2010, 02:05

Spurs Sunday Supplement.

Some of the mad, meaningless and mindful rumours sweeping the Spurs gossip columns this weekend.

Firstly, it is claimed that Harry`s "Special" signing of the summer, could be Mr Real Madrid himself Raul. A Spanish legend with over 100 international caps and zillions of appearances and goals for Madrid where he has played all of his professional career.

Talk has been rife for some time that once his place in the first team at Real isn`t certain, he would look to seek a new challenge or is it a final pay day? And Spurs are the latest team to be linked, although I am sure Liverpool would have a say in that, should Rafa remain at Anfield. Any deal would likely be on a free transfer, but he would still expect decent wages, though probably not on the level he gets in Spain, but at 33 in June, is he still top box office or a fading has been?

Luka Modric to sign a new deal!!! Well I don`t think this is something to rule out, but at the same time we shouldn`t get too excited that this signals another definite not for sale sign to united or whoever. Luka is only two years into a six year contract and I would assume that any new deal is more about gaining parity with the other big earners at the club and those who will be arriving.

I would think that Luka came to the club on decent, but not silly wages and his success in his two seasons has warranted a rise up the pay scale. A sign that Luka will be with us this season, but I believe any new deal will be a reward rather than a desperate bid to keep the player, who seems happy with life in North London.

Apparently Liverpool`s Yossi Benayoun has a longing to return to the capital as he remains unhappy at being constantly overlooked by Senor Benitez at Liverpool, so obviously Spurs are again seen as the move to make. I rate the Israeli international highly, but would he really want to swap one bench for another?

One to really get Spurs fans excited is a claim within the German media that leading goalscorer, Edin Dzeko is a Spurs target and we are in a fight with his long term admirers AC Milan to sign him from Wolfsburg. After winning the title last season, Wolfsburg were in a strong position to hold onto their star man, but a very disappointing season where they are currently eighth and out of the European places, there may be a need to sell and a desire to move from the player, but whether Spurs are his preferred choice over Milan, I really don`t know.

As the next few weeks pass, we are sure to get many rumours from the likely to the plain silly, but we all know we will want to talk about them, big them up or knock them down. Sure we don`t want to take them too seriously, but at least we are in a position to have a greater chance to attract one or two box office players. It is going to be a hell of a summer...

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 05:50