The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Best and worst moments EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Best and worst moments EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Best and worst moments EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Best and worst moments EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Best and worst moments EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Best and worst moments EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Best and worst moments EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Best and worst moments EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Best and worst moments EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Best and worst moments Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
djfitzo
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
7 posters

Best and worst moments

Best and worst moments Empty Best and worst moments

Post by Guest Tue May 11 2010, 00:24

2010-05-10 13:07:38

Discuss your best and worst moments of 2009-10

by Alan the librarian

So that's 2009-10 season done with then. Not the greatest ending but the rest wasn't bad (best ever PL season on record in fact). I promised an end of season review but you all witnessed it and probably have far more interesting views and experiences than I do. With that in mind, I am inviting fans to share with others their thoughts on the following (along with my own suggestions):

Best spurs game of the season - Arsenal, Chelsea, City or Wigan are probably front runners for me. City away being 'the one'. We may not have got a cup final in a traditional sense but aside from a tin pot being awarded at the end of it, that had everything.

Best goal of the season - my memory is a little rusty but BAE at Liverpool, Defoe's against UTD or Hudd's against Bolton spring to mind. My favourite was Defoe's last against Hull. Brilliant strike to cap off an excellent display from player and club.

Best player of the season - I would give it to Gomes or Dawson as Bale and Lennon 'only' gave half seasons.

Best individual performance in a single game - Lennon/Defoe against Wigan, Bale against Arsenal?

Best moment of the year - Mine was Didier Drogba signalling he wanted out of the second half at WHL. "Please Carlo, I want to go home". As Fergie would say, we battered them.

Best signing - Niko Kranjcar would get many people's vote and I can't disagree but possibly Kaboul for what he represents for the future. Niko will always been a good squad player but right full-back is up for grabs I feel and we may found the answer in Younes. He's was brilliant against Arsenal, Chelsea, Bolton and City. Top performances against top sides. Very encouraging.

Most improved player - Not easy this one as how much can you attribute the improvement with merely getting a run of games or how much can you say is down to work on the training ground? I'll let you decide that one as I feel a case could be argued either way when you consider Hudd, Dawson, Bale and Pav in particular.

Feel free to reverse this to 'worst of's' (if you are half empty kind of bloke). I would imagine most of the worst stuff will be focussed on Pompey in the cup but yesterday gave that a run for it's money.

The biggest disappointment for me was the Wolves away game. I thought we played OK against Pompey in the cup but against Wolves we just didn't turn up. The forums after that game and indeed a few games after were not nice places to be visiting. Harry haters out in force and not much could be done to contain it. Some of the decisions made that day were poor as it appeared he prioritised the cup game that weekend. Ironically the thing I bitched about the most was Harry's decision to leave out Palacios and also to play Kaboul at right-back. How things change. That's the beauty of football. Fans opinions change all the time and that's another thing I would like your opinion on. I guess you can call it the biggest surprise of the campaign. Be it a single result, player or any moment.
    COYS!

Best and worst moments Bale

Best and worst moments Empty Re: Best and worst moments

Post by Guest Tue May 11 2010, 00:46

Best for me was Wigan. Total joy and bisbelief as goal after goal went in. Next best, as all equal, Chelsea, arsenil & Citeh games.
    Worst was probably Wolves at home . . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 11 2010, 00:59

VisionarySound wrote:Best for me was Wigan. Total joy and bisbelief as goal after goal went in. Next best, as all equal, Chelsea, arsenil & Citeh games.
    Worst was probably Wolves at home . . . . . . . .

Agree with all the above ....

The wow moment was the Danny Rose goal against the goons ....

The greatest relief moment was , the final whistle against the goons ...

The sweetest moment was the sound of the final whistle at Citeh ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 11 2010, 01:10

Beating the goons was the best game for me without a doubt, best goal Danny Rose, worst game Wolves at home.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 11 2010, 02:05

Best - Citeh to get Champs League chance.

Worst - losing in final minutes at home to Stoke after having a zillion chances and goal keeper playing out of his skin - again!!
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue May 11 2010, 04:00

BEST FOR ME WATCHING THE GOONER SCUM THROWING AWAY A 2 - 0 LEAD IN THE LAST 8 MINS AT WIGAN WENGERS FACE WAS PRICELESS LOL LOL LOL LOL

WORST FOR ME WAS LOSING TO POMPEY AT WEMBLEY
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed May 12 2010, 17:05

Player of the season.............. DAWSON!
    Individual perfomance of the season............... GOMES ( 2nd half v Arsenal)
    Best moment.................... SEEING ALL THE LADS TOGEATHER AT THE FINAL WHISTLE v CITY!
    Goal.................ROSE v ARSENAL
    Signing............. KRANJCAR
    LAFAO moment of th season............. WENGERS FACE AT THROWING A 2 GOAL LEAD AWAY WITH 8 MINS LEFT AT WIGAN.
    Worst game........... FOR ME, SUNDERLAND AWAY. (Witnessing that surrounded by thousands of Makems and drinking with the fcukers after the game, didnt enjoy 1 moment of that)
    Worst feeling of the season...................... FULL TIME v POMPY AT WEMBLEY! SICK!

Post by Guest Sun May 16 2010, 10:58

PLAYER OF THE SEASON GOMEZ
    BEST MOMENT. FINAL WISTLE AGANST ARSENAL
    BEST MOMENT 2. WIGAN AWAY AT FINAL WISTLE EVERY PLAYER RUN OVER AND HUGED SUPER PAV
    GOAL. prob bale aganst chelsea to make it 2 0 just before half time
    worst moment. fa cup final. nowing we lost to them pounces
    wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Tue May 18 2010, 09:39

REALLY ENJOYED READING THE ABOVE, COVERED ALL OF MINE,
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Tue May 18 2010, 21:10

My best and worst moment came in one day. I was away working in Paris during our Man city win,
    with no chance to see the match i was just gettting text updates from friends. Work went on untill 11:30pm that night so i was left feeling deflated.
    Didn't see our most improtant win in twenty years....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 01:39