The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
One Player EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
One Player EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
One Player EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
One Player EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
One Player EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
One Player EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
One Player EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
One Player EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
One Player EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

One Player Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

One Player

One Player Empty One Player

Post by Guest Thu May 27 2010, 09:01

If you could pick one "prestige" signing for Spurs to make this close season, money no object, who would you choose ??? I like the look of Wesley Snejder but reckon we have a wealth of talent in midfield already. Wouldn't mind Cashley Ashley (can I afford me divorce ?) Cole either. Good left back, would allow Bale to bomb on and adequete cover for Benny Akotto ! Vidic as cover for Daws & King dosen't seem too bad an option. Maybe Ronaldo as understudy ti Lil Aaron ? To be serious I think Alves would sort out right-back for us and makes me wish I'd given meself 2 choices lol. But for me it's got to be Torres. Out & out striker who could play alongside any of our exsisting forwards in any kind of formation and would easily score 25/30 goals with the service our players could provide for him . . . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

One Player Empty Re: One Player

Post by ionman34 Thu May 27 2010, 10:17

[quote="VisionarySound"]If you could pick one "prestige" signing for Spurs to make this close season, money no object, who would you choose ??? I like the look of Wesley Snejder but reckon we have a wealth of talent in midfield already. Wouldn't mind Cashley Ashley (can I afford me divorce ?) Cole either. Good left back, would allow Bale to bomb on and adequete cover for Benny Akotto ! Vidic as cover for Daws & King dosen't seem too bad an option. Maybe Ronaldo as understudy ti Lil Aaron ? To be serious I think Alves would sort out right-back for us and makes me wish I'd given meself 2 choices lol. But for me it's got to be Torres. Out & out striker who could play alongside any of our exsisting forwards in any kind of formation and would easily score 25/30 goals with the service our players could provide for him . . . . . . . .

For sure Vis, though I think we have a snowballs chance in Hell of getting him. I don't think he likes the English game and he'll be back to Spain like a shot when Real make a bid for him.

I think that it HAS to be a striker, it's up front where we need to strengthen more than anywhere else. I really don't think we need any other area looked at. As far as I'm concerned our fullbacks are quality and have quality cover. A special mention to Khaboul here because I think he's been outstanding as right back.

Midfield? Do me a favour! Show me a better midfield or one that has more potential. The only thing missing from our midfield is goals and I think that that will be addressed very soon too.

Up front is our weakest area really. A top class striker is great but we need one that can form a quick partnership with one of our front men. Torres is my first choice but, and this one will make you giggle, what about Arshavin? He doesn't want to be at the goons, he's mates with Pav and we already know that these two work together well from their International Football.

Plus we get to crow about one of the goons preferring to be with us than them.

Arshavin & Pav. I reckon there's 40 to 50 goals in that partnership. Add the Defoe/Crouch partnership in, along with any other interchange that works, and I can see a lot of goals from up front.

The more I think about it the more I like it. Arshavin to Spurs ............................................

About time the goons took up their proper role ....................................

Feeder club.

Post by Guest Thu May 27 2010, 10:57

everytime i seen torres he seems to sulk . sayin that when hes fit hes prob the best. im tempted to say messie but i agree we need a striker. not someone who can hold the ball up but somone who scores tap ins. a natural striker goal poacher. like ian wright lineker . but who. anway im guna think about this one and get back to you so keep this 1 up the top lads
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu May 27 2010, 16:58

Carlos Tevez, not a hope in hell of City letting him leave but hed be my pick!

Post by Guest Thu May 27 2010, 17:11

Lionel Messi Please !!!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 27 2010, 18:32

Teves or as Ion says Arshavin. you should have come to us in the first place Andrei. You would have been a hero. Up front with Pav you would have been the Russian Mafia. One Player Lol
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri May 28 2010, 01:29

Its gotta be a striker for me, but by being realistic here, i wouldnt know which one to go for. Dzeko looks the dogs, but what other decent available strikers are there out their?? I suppose after the World Cup things will seem clearer. But if we're talking fantasy football, Messi all the way, he's the best striker in the world for me.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri May 28 2010, 07:08

GERRARD GOAL SCOREING CENTER MID ADD 15 TO 20 GOALS A SEASON TO OUR GOALS AND HIS NEVER SAY DIE MANNER AND FOR GET 4TH WE COULD WIN IT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 18:20