The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The calm before the storm. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The calm before the storm. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The calm before the storm. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The calm before the storm. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The calm before the storm. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The calm before the storm. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The calm before the storm. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The calm before the storm. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The calm before the storm. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The calm before the storm. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

The calm before the storm.

The calm before the storm. Empty The calm before the storm.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16 2010, 08:34

Its a dark windy night..............and harry has just signed a new contract ! everything has gone quiet, (especially on here ) but strange things are beginning to stir ! little do we know that uncanny powers are at hand...............................................YES ! Bellamy and Cole are about to be revealed as harry,s new boys !

WATCH THIS SPACE ! The calm before the storm. 858412

The calm before the storm. Empty Re: The calm before the storm.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16 2010, 08:58

Hmmmm not exactly the "big name" signings we were looking for Lew but I reckon you may have read the tea-leafs right . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16 2010, 09:14

I really dont think we will make any big name signings vis ! our wage structure wont allow it and i am ok with that fact all the way, because i love this club and i dont want to see it in any danger of being in debt up to the hilt.
    Cole comes free ! with maybe a signing on fee, so you have to go along with the fact that he may get £100,000 per week but over say 3 years it will work in our favour ! (you cant have it both ways you know )
    Bellamy is a bit of a worry ! he is a quality player but finds trouble with fellow players, i really wouldnt want the side disturbed by a trouble maker, but if anyone can make the bloke buckle down its our "arry "

In my heart of hearts i wouldnt want either of them but as sir jim says "whoever wears the shirt ! i will support.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16 2010, 09:28

I like the squad we have and feel that Cole & Bellamy are 2 signings who could double-handidly unsettle the team ethic with-in it. I am not a fan of Bellamy the person yet do recogonise his ability as a player, and as you know I rate Cole extremley highly but wonder where he would fit in ? Saying that I won't be disapointed if he does sign, but Bellamy I won't be over enthused about . . .. . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 16 2010, 09:43

I agree with you both. Bellamy is a worry for me as he brings a lot of baggage of fallouts with former players he worked with. As for Joe Cole I still don't know where he will fit in. If rumours are correct he will want to play in central midfield. That being the case who drops out? We know Modders can play on the left and Harry has said he prefers Bale at left back so maybe that is the way Arry will go. There is of course an unanswered question as to what will happen to BAE? It is quiet on here at the moment but as you say Lew its the quiet before the storm. Once the season starts it will be elbow room only on here and the Chat box will be in full flow again. BRING IT ON.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16 2010, 12:53

i would of said yes to bealmy last season but now we have to many options on the left. plus he wil wana play most games so i say no same with cole. hes not worth breakin our wage structure for. hes done nuffin for chealsea in the last season and even they say hes not been good.
    of the 2 i would take bealmy as he scores goales everywhere and he had great season last seaon and he hates john terry lol but i wont be botherd if we dont get him.
    im happy with the sqaud i just want harry to give the carling cup to the reserves
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jul 16 2010, 23:09

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]i would of said yes to bealmy last season but now we have to many options on the left. plus he wil wana play most games so i say no same with cole. hes not worth breakin our wage structure for. hes done nuffin for chealsea in the last season and even they say hes not been good.
    of the 2 i would take bealmy as he scores goales everywhere and he had great season last seaon and he hates john terry lol but i wont be botherd if we dont get him.
    im happy with the sqaud i just want harry to give the carling cup to the reserves

I like both players actually but I don't think Bellamy is really the answer to strengthening the front line. I'm not sure who you'd play him alongside and he's never really struck me as the type of player who forms a good understanding with a strike partner.

Having said that, stranger things have happened and he does have a great work ethic. He's also a confrontational player, gets right in your face, and I like that in a player too.

I do want Cole though. I don't see him as a player that will bring anything but a greater competition in midfield. He is a work horse and is extremely talented. His form may not have been great with Chelsea but there's an old adage, 'Form is temporary, Class is permanent.'

Need I remind you of the form dips some of our better players have had? Dawson being the prime example.

Cole brings an added dimension, he likes to get forward but also works back. He can play in any position across the middle and can also provide enough ammunition to allow us to play with one striker and dominate the midfield with 5.

His addition allows us to move Jenas and Bentley on, as he is better than both, and allows us to be able to change formation. Often enough I've read on here the laments as we never had a Plan B or C to break down a stubborn defence or to rescue a game.

Well here you go.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jul 16 2010, 23:34

[quote="ionman34"]
    Loughtonlegend wrote:i would of said yes to bealmy last season but now we have to many options on the left. plus he wil wana play most games so i say no same with cole. hes not worth breakin our wage structure for. hes done nuffin for chealsea in the last season and even they say hes not been good.

I like both players actually but I don't think Bellamy is really the answer to strengthening the front line. I'm not sure who you'd play him alongside and he's never really struck me as the type of player who forms a good understanding with a strike partner.

Having said that, stranger things have happened and he does have a great work ethic. He's also a confrontational player, gets right in your face, and I like that in a player too.

I do want Cole though. I don't see him as a player that will bring anything but a greater competition in midfield. He is a work horse and is extremely talented. His form may not have been great with Chelsea but there's an old adage, 'Form is temporary, Class is permanent.'

Need I remind you of the form dips some of our better players have had? Dawson being the prime example.

Cole brings an added dimension, he likes to get forward but also works back. He can play in any position across the middle and can also provide enough ammunition to allow us to play with one striker and dominate the midfield with 5.

His addition allows us to move Jenas and Bentley on, as he is better than both, and allows us to be able to change formation. Often enough I've read on here the laments as we never had a Plan B or C to break down a stubborn defence or to rescue a game.

Well here you go.

The other thing is, unless its a team lower in the prem, he wont be guaranteed a starting place, Harry does have the knack of keeping players happy whilst not playing them every week.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Jul 17 2010, 00:44

I dont think Bellamy will sign thats just media crap, but Harry has confirmed that talks are ongoing with the transfer of Joe Cole coming to Spurs, which i believe will happen.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 17 2010, 20:31

DJSR wrote:I dont think Bellamy will sign thats just media crap, but Harry has confirmed that talks are ongoing with the transfer of Joe Cole coming to Spurs, which i believe will happen.

Dont know if this one is crap dj ? harry tried to sign bellamy before city did..........lets just see.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 17 2010, 21:33

I think Bellamy will sign TBH. Remember the game aganst City when we made 4th spot. The way Bellamy came straight to Arry at the end smiling all over his face. That was defo a come and get me I'm interested look.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 17:17