The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
spurslegend
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
7 posters

Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Empty Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 23 2010, 05:20

Some gooners laughed when we said there was a media campaign against Spurs. Read this.

I suppose one should never be surprised by the way the media contrives to sell a story, but the way Harry Redknapp’s
    words have been twisted this morning is another blatant attempt to make
    the club something of a laughing stock. Rival club’s supporters are
    already having a giggle at our expense on their respective forums as we apparently see ourselves as title contenders for next season.
    It is not often I find myself applauding the Express, but at least
    they had the decency to report his actual quotes. Harry believes that Tottenham can challenge for the title, providing that he is able to bring in four world class players to complement the current squad.
    Redknapp said: “If I went out
    now and brought in the four players I wanted from anywhere, we would win
    the title. If we went out and bought four world-class players, no
    matter what the price, we would have a fantastic chance.”
    Daily Express
    Quite a different story I’ll think you agree, yet I suppose it
    doesn’t make for as interesting a headline or story that the journalists
    in Fleet Street crave, as they attempt to sell their shoddy papers.
    Print rubbish and move onto the next one seems to be the underlying
    theme of British Journalism these days; it’s just a shame that we are
    the ones who have fallen victim to it this time.
    I know I should get so uptight about it, but unfortunately when you
    have to work in an office where nobody reads beyond the headline, or
    look at what was actually said. I thought the days of Tottenham fans
    getting ridiculed as a result of the media’s tripe was a thing of the
    past; it appears the past few months have proven to be a false dawn.Written By Matt Wright

It was reported that Redknapp had said Spurs could win the Title this season. What he actually said is "If we had Man City's Money" Its disgusting the way the media is always having pops at us.

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Empty Re: Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jul 23 2010, 06:25

Dont bother with the tabloids Baz mate the only 1 i really pick up is the Express, for Mick Dennis Sports column and the crossword, lol how old do i sound......... fekking crossword pmsl!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Empty Re: Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 23 2010, 07:15

I like Crosswords Lee and the word searches but then I am older than you lol. Nah, I have always done crosswords mate.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jul 23 2010, 07:50

I used to be hopeless at them but am getting quite good at them now, Cryptic Crosswords for me!!!
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri Jul 23 2010, 08:15

whats wrong with arry saying we could win the prem i make him right why not

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23 2010, 08:37

Lolol old legendsaurus deffo needs to up his medicine lolol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 23 2010, 08:42

Hello, Mark's back. Have you finished sulking now over dis-continuing the World cup section? Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Lol

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23 2010, 08:43

Perhaps a quick look in the non football post section Baz?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 23 2010, 08:50

Hold on.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 23 2010, 08:56

Oh yeah Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  994919 Are you Burger in disguise? Are you burger in disguise?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23 2010, 09:01

Whatever.
    So arry feels like the simple signing of 4 players is enough to win the league then?
    Time to look round at retirement homes then. Otherwise Man C would have won it last year?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 23 2010, 09:09

No, lets get it right Mark. Arry said................ if we are to believe the press. and I quote "The signing of 4 great players" As for Mancini, personally I don't believe he is the great manager many believe him to be. You obviously think he is better than our Arry, I don't and I think he will be found out this coming season. He has been given another chance. He better hope he gets it right.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23 2010, 09:11

I'll agree that Mancini is in the last chance saloon.
    Or is that first chance saloon?
    Maybe it's the 'only chance' saloon eh Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Icon_biggrin
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 23 2010, 09:39

Maybe its the half chance saloon lol.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jul 23 2010, 23:31

Mark2spark wrote:Whatever.
    So arry feels like the simple signing of 4 players is enough to win the league then?
    Time to look round at retirement homes then. Otherwise Man C would have won it last year?

He might have done if he had bought the right 4 players. With their money he could have bought better than Lescott, Bridge, Barry and Cruz?
    Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jul 24 2010, 00:20

Spot on Mikey. Which leads me to believe that Mancini is not the right man for City.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Jul 24 2010, 01:16

poor old mark little joe going to scouse land broke his heart lol lol lol gooners going backwards yids on the march

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25 2010, 05:07

I think Man C are just buying players because they can at the moment... there doesn't seem to be a constructive structure to the signings.

Leg, Spurs are going to have to have a blinder if they are to progress from the all time high of last season.
    Let's not fail to mention 50 years either shall we? Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jul 25 2010, 15:13

[quote="Mark2spark"]I think Man C are just buying players because they can at the moment... there doesn't seem to be a constructive structure to the signings.

Hit and hope Mark. Mancini is gambling that he can hit the right mix rather than building it over time. That's the unfortunate reality of being the manager of a club that requires and expects instant success. He has no time so he has to gamble. Not only the owners expect, the fans do now too.

I honestly don't think he'll last the season.

Leg, Spurs are going to have to have a blinder if they are to progress from the all time high of last season.

You have a gift for stating the obvious old boy. You don't win the Prem unless you are the best.
    Let's not fail to mention 50 years either shall we? Media yet again Trying to ridicule Spurs.  Lol

Just numbers old chap. What it does show us though is that we haven't had a team as good as this since the 60's. Look at who's on the pitch Mark, this team is still developing and it's made a CL place on merit, playing quality Football consistently. Couple that with almost making an FA Cup Final.

They're now a season further in their development. Most already know the traumas of being threatened with relegation, and have shown the fight & quality required to turn that around. They now know they're good enough to compete with the best as we've shown we can beat them, Utd the exception but their time will come. They're now going to taste CL for the first time and, once tasted, you don't want to miss out again.

We scored a lot of goals last season but the midfield has far more in it than seen to date. Strengthen the front line and we will be a major force. Cut out the dropped points to teams like Wolves and we'll be there or there abouts at the end of the season. I believe we'll challenge for the title this coming season, I really do, and I think we'll qualify for the CL automatically. We're a cohesive, young unit whereas Citeh are disjointed, Liverpool are a 2 man team (3 if Cole shines) and full of ageing or ordinary players, Chelsea are ageing and their squad is not particularly large whilst ManU are becoming more and more reliant on Rooney.
    I was talking about this with a mate over here and see us and the goons as being the dominant teams in the Prem over the next few years, particularly if Platini gets his way.

50 Years is about right, nice kind of symmetry to it, particularly as this season ends in a one.

The planets are aligning Sahib ........................... Brace yourself!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 25 2010, 22:16

Good post ion.
    About the only thing to add to bring you down to earth is that being 'good' and 'the best' still won't be enough IMO, i've seen it with us over recent seasons, unless 'luck' is on your side (I suppose i'll concede that the word 'fortune' is more apt) you'll finish (so will anyone is what i'm saying) amongst the also rans.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sun Jul 25 2010, 22:40

I saw Harry himself interviewed before the New York Red Bulls Match & he said there is no reason why we can't go out to win the Premiership with the squad we have & the two or three players i've listed & Daniel Levy is working on bring to the club. That's what i saw Harry actually say & with him all the WAY!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jul 26 2010, 01:12

[quote="SuneJim"]I saw Harry himself interviewed before the New York Red Bulls Match & he said there is no reason why we can't go out to win the Premiership with the squad we have & the two or three players i've listed & Daniel Levy is working on bring to the club. That's what i saw Harry actually say & with him all the WAY!

It boils down to self belief really Jim. In my eyes they are good enough, once they believe it themselves then they will do it, I'm sure of it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 26 2010, 01:26

[quote="ionman34"]
    Mark2spark wrote:I think Man C are just buying players because they can at the moment... there doesn't seem to be a constructive structure to the signings.

Hit and hope Mark. Mancini is gambling that he can hit the right mix rather than building it over time. That's the unfortunate reality of being the manager of a club that requires and expects instant success. He has no time so he has to gamble. Not only the owners expect, the fans do now too.

I honestly don't think he'll last the season.

You have a gift for stating the obvious old boy. You don't win the Prem unless you are the best.

Just numbers old chap. What it does show us though is that we haven't had a team as good as this since the 60's. Look at who's on the pitch Mark, this team is still developing and it's made a CL place on merit, playing quality Football consistently. Couple that with almost making an FA Cup Final.

They're now a season further in their development. Most already know the traumas of being threatened with relegation, and have shown the fight & quality required to turn that around. They now know they're good enough to compete with the best as we've shown we can beat them, Utd the exception but their time will come. They're now going to taste CL for the first time and, once tasted, you don't want to miss out again.

We scored a lot of goals last season but the midfield has far more in it than seen to date. Strengthen the front line and we will be a major force. Cut out the dropped points to teams like Wolves and we'll be there or there abouts at the end of the season. I believe we'll challenge for the title this coming season, I really do, and I think we'll qualify for the CL automatically. We're a cohesive, young unit whereas Citeh are disjointed, Liverpool are a 2 man team (3 if Cole shines) and full of ageing or ordinary players, Chelsea are ageing and their squad is not particularly large whilst ManU are becoming more and more reliant on Rooney.
    I was talking about this with a mate over here and see us and the goons as being the dominant teams in the Prem over the next few years, particularly if Platini gets his way.

50 Years is about right, nice kind of symmetry to it, particularly as this season ends in a one.

The planets are aligning Sahib ........................... Brace yourself!

Love your enthusiasm and belief Ion. Rep point my son.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jul 26 2010, 07:44

spurslegend wrote:whats wrong with arry saying we could win the prem i make him right why not

Agreed !
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jul 26 2010, 07:51

[quote="ionman34"]
    SuneJim wrote:I saw Harry himself interviewed before the New York Red Bulls Match & he said there is no reason why we can't go out to win the Premiership with the squad we have & the two or three players i've listed & Daniel Levy is working on bring to the club. That's what i saw Harry actually say & with him all the WAY!

It boils down to self belief really Jim. In my eyes they are good enough, once they believe it themselves then they will do it, I'm sure of it.

This is what I wanna hear, some positivity ...Nice one lads ..

We're gonna win the league, to be bellowing around the White Hart lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 13:18