The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Woodgate has five weeks. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Woodgate has five weeks. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Woodgate has five weeks.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Woodgate has five weeks. Empty Woodgate has five weeks.

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 27 2010, 20:55

Jonathon Woodgate has five weeks to prove his fitness or his career is finished according to the Daily Star. Its all because Premiership clubs must name a 25 man squad before August 31st.

Woodgate has five weeks. Empty Re: Woodgate has five weeks.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27 2010, 21:51

Apparentley Baz he could rejoin the squad, if fit again, in the January transfer window . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 27 2010, 22:04

Ah, of course Vis. I forgot about that lol.
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Jul 28 2010, 06:11

To be honest if he cant get fit by the end of August or even show progress as he cant even kick a ball at the moment, then i think it may be time to let him go....he will never be the same player and he has been out way too long.

I really do think we need to start looking for 2 strong proven centre backs, we have to the point that we can hold on to sentiment and unfortunately i do include ledley with that....we are on the verge of competing in the champions league and we need to have a stable back four!!! Also if we chop and change our back four all the time how can our keeper feel competent and have full faith with who is in front of him .....I love Ledley in defence but i think he is not able to play the season with have coming up this year
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Wed Jul 28 2010, 06:12

Boycey wrote:To be honest if he cant get fit by the end of August or even show progress as he cant even kick a ball at the moment, then i think it may be time to let him go....he will never be the same player and he has been out way too long.

I really do think we need to start looking for 2 strong proven centre backs, we have to the point that we can hold on to sentiment and unfortunately i do include ledley with that....we are on the verge of competing in the champions league and we need to have a stable back four!!! Also if we chop and change our back four all the time how can our keeper feel competent and have full faith with who is in front of him .....I love Ledley in defence but i think he is not able to play the season with have coming up this year

i mean we have come to the point and we cant hold sentiment....sorry guys..lol

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 08:53

its a shame but hes had so long to rest hes back. its such a shame as hes such a good defender and i hope he sorts it out

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30 2010, 01:18

Copy & pasted below an outline of the new 25 to a squad system coming into force this season. The reason why Woody has been given 5 whole weeks to prove his fitness . . . . .

In and around this year's usual summer transfer gossip, you may have noticed the mention of 25-man squads and home-grown player quotas.
    The 2010-11 Premier League season will see top flight clubs forced to comply with rules over the size and make-up of their squads.
    The Premier League says the new rules are designed to increase the number of young 'home-grown' players in the Premier League, with a long-term aim of giving more options to the England manager.
    But what will they actually mean in practice?
    - Clubs register a squad of up to 25 players, which must include at least eight 'home-grown' players, at the end of each transfer window.
    - Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"
    - Clubs can supplement squad with unlimited number of players under the age of 21.
    - Changes can be made only during transfer windows, although in exceptional circumstances (eg goalkeeping injury crisis) moves could be allowed.
    - Players loaned to Football League clubs cannot be replaced, but can regain their spot on return to parent club.
    - Rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European, FA Cup or League Cup action.
    - First deadline is 1700 BST on 1 September (24 hours after end of August transfer window).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 09:14