The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
vdv out for 6 weeks EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

vdv out for 6 weeks Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

vdv out for 6 weeks

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

vdv out for 6 weeks Empty vdv out for 6 weeks

Post by LOBO Sat Sep 03 2011, 20:32

Be interesting to see how we play without vdv ..

Tottenham suffer big blow as Rafael van der Vaart is ruled out for six weeks through injury
    Spurs will have to cope without their influential Dutch forward, who is set for a spell on the sidelines after picking up a hamstring injury in the 5-1 defeat by Manchester City
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

vdv out for 6 weeks Empty Re: vdv out for 6 weeks

Post by cstmrsking Sat Sep 03 2011, 21:03

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11675_7146992,00.html

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03 2011, 21:28

Defoe & Adabadhairday up front ? Little & large but this large can at least find the net (we hope lol) unlike our recentley departed large . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03 2011, 23:33

you will have to go a long back to find a crouch goal lol

harry team selection has been made easyer now vdv out,
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Sep 03 2011, 23:46

He might not put ade and defoe up front together might put modric or kranjcar behind ade and play hudd and parker central

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04 2011, 00:20

Good call Mark . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 06:15

Looks like VDV could be the latest player to get the big chin-ho with the club . . . . . .

Tottenham's Rafael Van der Vaart annoyed by Europa League omission
    vdv out for 6 weeks _55139176_vandervaart
    Van der Vaart was Tottenham's top goal-scorer last season with 13 goals

Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart has said he is annoyed at being left out of the club's Europa League squad.

The 28-year-old hobbled off during Spurs' 5-1 defeat to Manchester City and had originally expected to be out for six weeks with a hamstring injury.

But, despite now expecting to be fit for the Liverpool match next week, the omission means the playmaker will miss Spurs' six Europa group matches.

"Spurs could at least have consulted me," he told his official website (http://www.rafaelvandervaart.com/)
    In a section headlined "annoying" on his website, the Dutch international said: "I still think it's a peculiar situation.

"Anyway, it's up to the point of no return. I will be focusing on the game against Liverpool.

"I'm pretty convinced I will be fit by then."

The former Real Madrid player missed Holland's Euro 2012 qualifiers and was also sidelined as Harry Redknapp's team secured their first win of the season against Wolves on Saturday.

Redknapp intends to blood a number of youngsters such as Harry Kane, Tom Carroll and Jake Livermore in the Europa League to keep his squad fresh for a top four push in the Premier League.

The Spurs boss denied any rift with Van der Vaart.

"The first diagnosis on Rafa's hamstring was that he would be out for six weeks - at least," he told Sky Sports News.

"Six weeks down the line, he misses the first four games, and we only have six games, so we thought there was not much point putting him in. We might as well put in some of the other lads who can play.

"The game he would have come back for would have been the game out in Russia [versus Rubin Kazan on November 3] and it would have been a long journey for him.

"We thought we'd leave him out and if we get through the group he can come in then."

Spurs kick off their Europa League campaign against PAOK Salonika in Greece on Thursday.

If they get through the group stages, they will be allowed to add three new names to their squad.

I've got to say that his omission makes sense to me. Younger & fringe players get a chance and VDV gets time out and a chance to work on & maintain his fitness. I admire his desire to play every game but there are more important games coming up for him to play in then against the likes of Shamrock Rovers . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 06:38

yea and it dont get intresting untill the knockout stages.
    but have to say you would of thought harry would of told him though lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 14 2011, 06:45

That is poor from the club. They should have let him know.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 07:22

BazSpur wrote:That is poor from the club. They should have let him know.

I dont know baz ! the player was reported out for 6 weeks and then it seems he might be back for the liverpool game ???????
    I think harry did the right thing and give another player a chance while vdv was injured.

Perhaps harry should have texted vdv and asked " is it ok to leave you out the europa league team" ? lol!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Sep 14 2011, 07:35

I'm sick n tired of players managers and wot not's speaking out of term and washing there dirty laundry in public, if they got a prblem speak to the manager not the local rag .. the chairmen should come down on this nonsense once and for all and start issuing fines, can u imagine if one of fergies players spoke out against him or the club, he would get sold probably .. all this whining and moaning makes me mad, this bitches should man up and accept the managers judgement not go crying about to the media

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 07:50

yep i agree lobo. another thing is if vdv is fit for sunday i suppose he will walk back into the team after they played well.

442 is the way. how can you drop defoe after he scored a goal
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Sep 14 2011, 08:43

LOBO wrote:I'm sick n tired of players managers and wot not's speaking out of term and washing there dirty laundry in public, if they got a prblem speak to the manager not the local rag .. the chairmen should come down on this nonsense once and for all and start issuing fines, can u imagine if one of fergies players spoke out against him or the club, he would get sold probably .. all this whining and moaning makes me mad, this bitches should man up and accept the managers judgement not go crying about to the media

Agreed !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 10:31