The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
A word of warning from a man utd fan. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

A word of warning from a man utd fan. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

A word of warning from a man utd fan.

A word of warning from a man utd fan. Empty A word of warning from a man utd fan.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03 2010, 07:30

No not me you lot................my man utd mate !

I will tell it exactly how he told it to me, as set out below.

"Right so you spurs are in the champions league "! "well yeah you have to qualify first " "ok so if you get to the group stages i dont know how you yids are going to cope " ? " firstly you will experience 2 or 3 games a week and you will see then how your premiership form suffers as a result "................." you need a decent squad , virtually 2 decent sides in one that you have to rotate " " then the injuries come " " then you got the carling cup and fa cup games " " spurs just havent got the players to make any impact in the competition " " the best thing for spurs is to get to the group stages because at least then you will make a lot of money " " but you will never win it in a million years "

He ended the conversation by saying " he hopes wengers lot go out early " " cant stand the man " " effing whinger "

It was at this stage that i looked for a gun to shoot myself and wished we werent in the effing thing ! nahh not really, you never know...........and its the taking part that counts. A word of warning from a man utd fan. 959550
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

A word of warning from a man utd fan. Empty Re: A word of warning from a man utd fan.

Post by spurslegend Tue Aug 03 2010, 08:05

from manchester was he lol poxey glory hunters

A word of warning from a man utd fan. Empty Re: A word of warning from a man utd fan.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03 2010, 09:31

i doubt it dave. most man u fans live in london . its mostly man c fans up there lol

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03 2010, 15:55

Thats the thing lought ! he hasnt any connection with the manchester area at all, he just likes football and chose man utd when they were in the old second division.................so he tells me.

I personally couldnt adopt a team other than the one i have been lumbered with all my life, and i had grandparents from north london.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03 2010, 18:12

Something we can all agree on for a change... he's a twat!! A word of warning from a man utd fan. Icon_biggrin

Lew:
    "I couldn't adopt a team..."
    No, quite right, but I do find it funny how years ago allegience could be switched in the Cups once your team went out... "let a London team win it" "Keep the cup down south" were terms that you would hear. Not often anymore tho' A word of warning from a man utd fan. Icon_sad
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 03 2010, 20:09

I remember that too Mark. Cup time always seemed to be a North V South affair.No one worried about the Midland clubs as they never won it anyway PMSL.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03 2010, 21:45

Mark2spark wrote:Something we can all agree on for a change... he's a twat!! A word of warning from a man utd fan. Icon_biggrin

Lew:
    "I couldn't adopt a team..."
    No, quite right, but I do find it funny how years ago allegience could be switched in the Cups once your team went out... "let a London team win it" "Keep the cup down south" were terms that you would hear. Not often anymore tho' A word of warning from a man utd fan. Icon_sad

Thats funny that Mark. I remember when the 'true' area of North London (as opposed to a made up place) turned Catalan a couple of years ago . . . .. .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 03 2010, 21:47

I've been watching Football, and by that I mean Spurs ................. 'Cos we are Football, since I was 5. Since 1973. In all that time I've never EVER wanted another London club to win anything at any time at our expense.

But that's just me.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Aug 04 2010, 00:37

I must admit when I was a kid going to WHL every week it was a North v South thing. If Spurs were not in the cup final and it was .... say, Chelsea v Leeds you would always prefer Chelsea to win. Today its more personal and if you don't like the manager or certain players in a side it doesn't matter where they come from you just hope they lose.

Most of us hate Wenger the whinger and Fergie the arrogant and wouldn't care who beat them or where they come from as long as somebody did.

But how do most of you feel about Utd, Arsnic, Chelski or L'pool in the CL final against Barc, Real M or any foreign side who do you want to win. Is it no interest at all or any one as long as they are not a prem side.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04 2010, 06:58

Us 'oldies' know what we're talking about here A word of warning from a man utd fan. Icon_wink
    Nowadays the european team gets the nod mikey, no-one wants a prem rival team to win 'anything'.
    Daft really.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04 2010, 07:01

I mean, how long before we start refusing to work with other team supporters?
    I've got a good few yid mates and relatives, we have a laugh mostly, but I can't say i've got many chelsea mates that I can go the same furlong with.
    Mainly because most of them are artisans that have perfected the art of the hand shandy.... A word of warning from a man utd fan. Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 01:10