The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Let's give City a real stuffing EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Let's give City a real stuffing Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Let's give City a real stuffing

Let's give City a real stuffing Empty Let's give City a real stuffing

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14 2010, 03:26

Right then, we're finally here again. Do you remember the Liverpool game, the buzz, the excitement, the passion, the drive?

Having had no real movement in the transfer market, our squad has gelled and is ready for action. Thus far, Harry's been unable to add "that special player", but there are still 18 days left for Redknapp to demonstrate his wheeler-dealer tactics.

Manchester City on the other hand, have drafted in a new batch of prima donnas, with this lot even more intent on earning greater sums per week than the previous mercenaries.

Don't let the blue half of Manchester fool you into thinking that everything is running smoothly. Craig Bellamy's recent outbursts demonstrate that not everything is as it seems up in Moneybags City.

We all forecasted it (well, I did anyway), that you cannot bring in proper professionals into a club that has done nothing for donkey's years and expect them to gel immediately.

Every player that has been purchased with the Abu Dhabi money is there for one thing; money. If you think that players like David Silva, Gareth Barry and Emmanuel Adebayor have signed up for any other reason than money, I advise that you stop deluding yourself. Unfortunately for City, players who are willing to sell their soul to the money-gods, don't often make decent pros.

Think about it. Why does Manchester City need to fork out extortionate transfer fees and wages? Firstly, the selling club doesn't want to lose its player, therefore demands a massive fee. Secondly, the players themselves don't want to join City and would only be tempted if they were to quadruple their wages.

Get-to-the-top-schemes rarely work and it looks as though City, under the stewardship of Cook and Marwood, will fail. Unless those two clowns get it out of their head that you cannot run a real football club like a Football Manager game (I'm talking about taking over a team on FM, only to sell its best players to your original team and sell your naff players, like Taarabt, for £40 million. There's no shame, we've all done it), City will not progress.

So then, we come to the crux of it. Let's not kid ourselves, I think most footballers are prima donnas. It all depends on what PD Level they're at. City players, in my opinion, are at least a few notches above the Spurs players. Should we also take into consideration that most of the City players haven't had longer than a season together? Probably. It all depends on which players have the most drive. I think the Spurs players do.

PS. Expect a roller coaster of a match.

article from.tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com

Let's give City a real stuffing Empty Re: Let's give City a real stuffing

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14 2010, 08:05

Citeh have yet to gel as a team, find the comraderie in the changing room and be as one as a unit. We have, just look to last season . . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14 2010, 08:34

well said, bring them on. lets poop on the man shitty

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14 2010, 08:36

id take a 1 0 jenas miss kick shot delfects off adybwhore leg and goes in in 93rd minutue to seal all 3 points

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 09:39