The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT Empty LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT

Post by SuneJim Thu Feb 18 2010, 09:58

There does seem to be a lot of misconceptions on the board at the moment.

My main grip being just because someone might say something,,,,,,,,,, whether it's against a Player or even Harry they get pigeon holed as anti,,,, the subject. Visa Versa say some thing positive & your the biggest fan.

So i want to get things right from my point of view to start with. I'm a Harry Fan. I want him to succeed as our Manager as much as i wanted Hoddle to & that's saying some thing. But i will always question what i don't think is right.
    Pavlyuchenko
    Substitutions
    Tactics
    Team Selections
    I don't like or understand some of them i'll be honest enough to say so.

Now at the moment one of the main conversations between me & Dave on the phone is Crouch, you all know i wish we'd never signed him because of the way we play when he's in the team & he can be farcical in some of the things he does. But Dave is a fan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but he doesn't want him starting every game. he wants him just being a different option from the bench which i can handle i suppose. But because of those views i'm anti & Dave's think He's the best thing since sliced bread. I just don't understand it.

Yids (SpursBod) has some great point of views that he's given up posting because all he ever seems to get labelled as is Dave's follower.

We all think Lought is completely anti Harry he isn't he just wants to see a few flair players, like Taarabt & Dos Santos get a look in.

Burger is a filthy Gooner Numpty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right ok someone had to be right at some time lol.

My point is some times people just can't get there point across on a computer screen & people see what they want to see. But i have the privilege of knowing these people & talk to them regularly & i just wish we could all go down the pub & have the best footy (Spurs Chat) of all time. because it's so much easier to get your point across verbally. Just wish you could all hear the intelligent people i know & there idea's in there posts not just stereotypes.

LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT Empty Re: LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18 2010, 10:14

Well posted Jim. I'm seeing negativity in some posts and I tend to rare against it but that's because I don't want another Ramos situation. I'm seeing another Big Mart season in the making. Expectations rising and disapointment when it doesn't quite get there ! As a Spurs fan I want to win everything but as an adult (just lol) I know we won't. To be honest I feel the debate on here of late has been the best so far. The difference's , as a rule, are well composed, thoughtout & presented. As you say to get down the pub together, into rounds, and talk these subjects would be magic. The keyboard does not do justice to our personalities, humour & way of talking BUT we are getting points across & the posts are going up and the subjects are superb. Long live the bord and all the different views upon here . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18 2010, 13:29

Jim, over the years many of us on here (now) and the old aol board have given an opinion on spurs and gotten tags like jolers or hunters or just plain anti spurs, or told (its fans like me that are the reason we never progress) i remember getting into rip ups with cocgeezer because i happen to pass an opinion on jol or ramos.

Getting into confrontations with nutters like coc never put me off posting because i can stand my ground in any argument as long as i think my side of the argument is sound, but i can see that some people wouldnt want all the insults that can come your way during a conflab.

At the end of the day opinions are opinions and thats all they are, to tear someones head off, metaphorically speaking because you dont believe in what they are saying is unacceptable, but it was rife on the old aol board, you couldnt say much without getting ripped into.

Its healthy to question things, we all have our own ideas on how we want spurs to be run, i want bale on the left wing when ekotto comes back, and lennon on the right, i want the option of attacking from both flanks and i think bale has proved he is the left side answer we have wanted for years and he has a defensive side to his game.

As for pavlyuchenko, everyone wants to see him get a game, he is now the talking point of the whole board almost, but as i said its a waste of breath because the only person who can give pav a game isnt listening.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 18 2010, 21:26

I guess its all about how you put you point across, personally I think it sticks out like a sore thumb when someone is being condescending, but in the main we all love Spurs in our own way and each have different ways of showing it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 18 2010, 22:02

Well put Jim. Even as supporters of the same club we aren't always going to agree. I don't like Crouch but I am sure there are lots of others apart from Legend who do. I do happen to think they are in a minority though. Speak to most Spurs supporters and mention Crouch and they will roll there eyes to the heavens. I love this board even though it can be a pain at times. I have a look on other boards and there is none like this one. We have humour something you don't see a lot of on other boards. The people that inhabit this board also have compassion in bucketfuls, something you don't see much of on other boards. We have different categories on this forum and although they are not used as much as the Spurs Chat category they are used from time to time. I know we all say it but I really do believe this is the best Spurs board on the net. We won't all agree with each other but we all have Spurs in our hearts and we all want them to do well. Long live Spurs Chat.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Feb 18 2010, 22:05

[quote="SuneJim (Moderator)"]There does seem to be a lot of misconceptions on the board at the moment.

My main grip being just because someone might say something,,,,,,,,,, whether it's against a Player or even Harry they get pigeon holed as anti,,,, the subject. Visa Versa say some thing positive & your the biggest fan.

I'd go along with that Jim. However, I'd also add that patience is the problem here, or the lack thereof.
    I love to see the questioning, the complaints and the difference of opinion. Argument is healthy but you need to temper it with more than just a little open mindedness.
    I've seen, and answered, a number of complaints and gripes. Even had a few myself. I get as frustrated as any at how we've stalled, because this is usually when we kick on ................ Kind of like Everton have, but I see the bigger picture whilst too many don't.

I feel like a broken record with the amount of times I have advocated giving our manager time. Nothing more. It's the one ingredient that few Spurs fans seem able to stomach as they have no patience. No matter how factually I put the argument across, no matter how unassailable the logic, the blinkers go up. What chance has any manager, or player for that matter, got against that unless he does a Mourinho?

That's what seems to be the dream with some, instant success.

So i want to get things right from my point of view to start with. I'm a Harry Fan. I want him to succeed as our Manager as much as i wanted Hoddle to & that's saying some thing. But i will always question what i don't think is right.
    Pavlyuchenko
    Substitutions
    Tactics
    Team Selections

No sh*t? LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT Lol

Now at the moment one of the main conversations between me & Dave on the phone is Crouch, you all know i wish we'd never signed him because of the way we play when he's in the team & he can be farcical in some of the things he does. But Dave is a fan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but he doesn't want him starting every game. he wants him just being a different option from the bench which i can handle i suppose. But because of those views i'm anti & Dave's think He's the best thing since sliced bread. I just don't understand it.

About the only thing I don't agree on with Dave, in that sentence, is that Crouch is the best thing since sliced bread.
    For me he is like the lanky forward version of Steffen Freund. I loved Freundy because he never hid, he put everything out there in every game, and won his place as a legend through his sheer heart and effort.
    I agree he doesn't score nearly enough goals but the guy has a huge heart. Him and Dawson are like peas in a pod in that respect.
    But there ARE better strikers out there, I want to see if there's a better striker on the bench in Pavlyuchenko. Regardless, his partnership with Defoe isn't working and he needs to be replaced and used as an impact player, at least for a while.

Yids (SpursBod) has some great point of views that he's given up posting because all he ever seems to get labelled as is Dave's follower.

They did come across as a double act but it was entertaining, especially on the other boards. The goons absolutely adored them!! LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT Lol

We all think Lought is completely anti Harry he isn't he just wants to see a few flair players, like Taarabt & Dos Santos get a look in.

It's a bit more than that Jim. Lought plainly doesn't like Harry, he's made that abundantly clear. I can see his point of view though and I know he is absolutely gagging for success but he has no patience and that is what I'm trying to, for want of a better word, 'teach' him.
    It gets exasperating when you put together a well thought out argument that answers all the gripes ....................... And it falls on deaf ears.

As is said so very often on here, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, you have no right to air it unless you are prepared to have it gainsaid. Further, you need to be able to keep an open mind and accept that your opinion could well be completely wrong.

Else what is the point and where is the education?

Burger is a filthy Gooner Numpty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right ok someone had to be right at some time lol.

LOL. I actually quite like Burger. Yes he goes on a wind up now and then but I loved doing that on the goon board, especially with Nic. Dave and Yid loved to do it to everyone!!
    He's not nasty really and often makes a good target himself.

I absolutely hate the team of Woolwich Nomads but I don't judge people on the team they support.

My point is some times people just can't get there point across on a computer screen & people see what they want to see. But i have the privilege of knowing these people & talk to them regularly & i just wish we could all go down the pub & have the best footy (Spurs Chat) of all time. because it's so much easier to get your point across verbally. Just wish you could all hear the intelligent people i know & there idea's in there posts not just stereotypes.

One of the best things about the people on this board is that we can argue heatedly about any subject, have the raging hump with each other, but still end up as friends. We're a tolerant, good natured bunch who love the game as well as the team.
    Most of us have been posting together for so long that I believe we've all more or less picked up on each others idiosyncracies and have gotten to know each other well as a result.
    I think you do us a bit of an injustice mate, I don't really have a 'stereotypical view' of anyone on here, the personalities are a bit too diverse.

I've promised myself that when I go back to Blighty to visit the family, I'd make a point of getting together with you guys, get pi**ed, talk bollox and solve all Spurs' problems in one night on the swally!!

And I really want to see this barmaid with the big Bristols ...................
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Feb 18 2010, 22:30

And I really want to see this barmaid with the big Bristols

Ah and theres the problem Ion, perhaps Loughts heads inbetween em when your putting your point across!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Feb 19 2010, 00:30

[quote="djfitzo"]And I really want to see this barmaid with the big Bristols

Ah and theres the problem Ion, perhaps Loughts heads inbetween em when your putting your point across!!

It'll give me a good reason to focus!!
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri Feb 19 2010, 02:11

[quote="ionman34"]
    SuneJim (Moderator) wrote:There does seem to be a lot of misconceptions on the board at the moment.

I'd go along with that Jim. However, I'd also add that patience is the problem here, or the lack thereof.
    I love to see the questioning, the complaints and the difference of opinion. Argument is healthy but you need to temper it with more than just a little open mindedness.
    I've seen, and answered, a number of complaints and gripes. Even had a few myself. I get as frustrated as any at how we've stalled, because this is usually when we kick on ................ Kind of like Everton have, but I see the bigger picture whilst too many don't.

I feel like a broken record with the amount of times I have advocated giving our manager time. Nothing more. It's the one ingredient that few Spurs fans seem able to stomach as they have no patience. No matter how factually I put the argument across, no matter how unassailable the logic, the blinkers go up. What chance has any manager, or player for that matter, got against that unless he does a Mourinho?

Pavlyuchenko
    Substitutions
    Tactics
    Team Selections

About the only thing I don't agree on with Dave, in that sentence, is that Crouch is the best thing since sliced bread.
    For me he is like the lanky forward version of Steffen Freund. I loved Freundy because he never hid, he put everything out there in every game, and won his place as a legend through his sheer heart and effort.
    I agree he doesn't score nearly enough goals but the guy has a huge heart. Him and Dawson are like peas in a pod in that respect.
    But there ARE better strikers out there, I want to see if there's a better striker on the bench in Pavlyuchenko. Regardless, his partnership with Defoe isn't working and he needs to be replaced and used as an impact player, at least for a while.

They did come across as a double act but it was entertaining, especially on the other boards. The goons absolutely adored them!! LETS BE HAVING IT RIGHT Lol

It's a bit more than that Jim. Lought plainly doesn't like Harry, he's made that abundantly clear. I can see his point of view though and I know he is absolutely gagging for success but he has no patience and that is what I'm trying to, for want of a better word, 'teach' him.
    It gets exasperating when you put together a well thought out argument that answers all the gripes ....................... And it falls on deaf ears.

As is said so very often on here, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, you have no right to air it unless you are prepared to have it gainsaid. Further, you need to be able to keep an open mind and accept that your opinion could well be completely wrong.

LOL. I actually quite like Burger. Yes he goes on a wind up now and then but I loved doing that on the goon board, especially with Nic. Dave and Yid loved to do it to everyone!!

I absolutely hate the team of Woolwich Nomads but I don't judge people on the team they support.

One of the best things about the people on this board is that we can argue heatedly about any subject, have the raging hump with each other, but still end up as friends. We're a tolerant, good natured bunch who love the game as well as the team.
    Most of us have been posting together for so long that I believe we've all more or less picked up on each others idiosyncracies and have gotten to know each other well as a result.
    I think you do us a bit of an injustice mate, I don't really have a 'stereotypical view' of anyone on here, the personalities are a bit too diverse.

I've promised myself that when I go back to Blighty to visit the family, I'd make a point of getting together with you guys, get pi**ed, talk bollox and solve all Spurs' problems in one night on the swally!!

crouch sliced bread lol lol leave it out i think jim meant arry iv'ed always said crouch is a good option from the bench but i luv old arry class act lol

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19 2010, 07:48

[quote="spurslegend"]
    ionman34 wrote:
    SuneJim (Moderator) wrote:There does seem to be a lot of misconceptions on the board at the moment.

Pavlyuchenko
    Substitutions
    Tactics
    Team Selections

crouch sliced bread lol lol leave it out i think jim meant arry iv'ed always said crouch is a good option from the bench but i luv old arry class act lol
    i agree brother legend hahahahahahahahaha Twisted Evil

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19 2010, 09:32

i have praised harry on loads of occasions. but never given pav a start in the league since 3meter peter came here its just unfair, I think harry is bent Most of us thought it when he was at portsmouth but cos hes our manager they rekon hes a saint. People are sayin that harry looks stressed and looks bored of football the way he sits there in the dug out hands crossed.
    we are sittin in 6th place with villa in 7th with a game inhand of us and we still have loads of hard games left. if we lose aganst wigan then its time to get worried
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Feb 20 2010, 02:10

YOUR NICKED BROTHER YID LOL

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20 2010, 02:54

lol dave - wasnt me hahaha
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sat Feb 20 2010, 05:53

Wasn't me either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sorry correction wasn't my fault lol.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20 2010, 05:57

SuneJim (Moderator) wrote:Wasn't me either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sorry correction wasn't my fault lol.
    it was that bloke alcohols fault, next time i see him im gonna give him a right kaning hahahaha
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sat Feb 20 2010, 06:08

YOU BOYS LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 19:39