The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10

Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10 Empty Weekly Transfer Round Up: 22-08-10

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 04:31

GALLAS DEAL CONFIRMED
    Tottenham have confirmed the signing of former Arsenal defender William Gallas on a one-year contract. Gallas, out of contract after leaving the Gunners, had only to complete a medical and agree personal terms. Spurs have also retained the right to extend the contract of the 33-year-old, who also played in the Premier League for Chelsea, for another season.

HARRY WANTS ANOTHER FORMER PLAYER
    Reports have surfaced this week that we are interested in securing the loan signing of Lassana Diarra from Real Madrid. Diarra has been told he can leave Real, and Harry Redknapp reckons he can wrap up a move for the Diarra, although Liverpool, Aston Villa and Manchester United are also said to be interested. Real Madrid have recently revealed they do not want to Loan the player, they are only interested in a 8.5m deal.

PIENAAR TALK RISES AGAIN
    Word is Spurs will put in a bid of around £6million for Steven Pienaar. The South African is currently involved in some contractual jiggery pokery with Everton, with only a year left on his current one, and therefore Spurs are ready to pounce. Much like a cat when presented with a particularly inviting bit of string. However, Pienaar himself would ideally like to stop where he is, but only on his own terms saying: "I have a year left on my contract. I'm happy to sign a new one, but at my age it has to be right and fair. The only difference I've had with the club has been over what's right."

JENAS WANTED BY TOP CLUBS?
    The Daily Mirror reports that Jenas is in fact 'set to sign' for Juventus on loan for the rest of the season, with a permanent move worth £10million.Also in the The Sun reckons Galatasaray 'head the chase' for Jenas, with Juve, Sampdoria and AC Milan grappling with each other behind the Turks.

KEANE HAS NO FUTURE?
    Harry Redknapp has informed Robbie Keane he is no future at Spurs. According to the paper: 'Redknapp accepts that he cannot add to his squad without selling and with a striker remaining a priority - and having missed out on Craig Bellamy - he is adamant that he would prefer to move on Keane if possible.'There are also concerns about the Tottenham central midfield, with suggestions that the club may be willing to listen to offers for Wilson Palacios who has struggled of late after making a significant impression following his £14 million move from Wigan in January 2009. Spurs had hoped to lure Scott Parker from West Ham United, although it now appears he will sign a new contract at Upton Park.'

HARRY WANTS ANOTHER EX GOONER?
    This last week many reports have popped up saying that Spurs are also sniffing around another former Arsenal player, Alex Hleb. The paper reports that Spurs are battling with Sevilla over a £5million move for the midfielder. He said: "I have a rule at the moment that the only situation I will entertain is playing in the Champions League."

AND THE REST...
    Redknapp is hoping to bolster his squad by persuading Sevilla winger Diego Capel to join the White Hart Lane club...

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp wants to sign PSG midfielder Stephane Sessegnon if Jermaine Jenas joins Juventus...

Birmingham are poised to make a £6million bid for Spurs right-back Alan Hutton...

spursnetwork.com

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 22:08