The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Transfer Deadline Day EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Transfer Deadline Day EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Transfer Deadline Day EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Transfer Deadline Day EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Transfer Deadline Day EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Transfer Deadline Day EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Transfer Deadline Day EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Transfer Deadline Day EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Transfer Deadline Day EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Transfer Deadline Day Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
MarkA249
seebee1944
7 posters

Transfer Deadline Day

Transfer Deadline Day Empty Are we that desperate ?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 02:46

Reports are saying that owen hargreaves is being tracked by spurs? whether this is true or not it shows a relectance by levy to invest in new players as he comes on a free.........looking for another club to deal him out years of salary by doing naff all.
    Havent we learnt from the woodgate years, and our own ledley king.
    Sure woodgate is fine at stoke at the moment but i doubt it will last.
    What is levys problem at the moment, does he really want us to stay up with the prems top clubs or not?
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Transfer Deadline Day Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day

Post by seebee1944 Wed Aug 31 2011, 03:02

Latest I heard on Hargreaves is that he's being chased by Man City.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Aug 31 2011, 03:21

Yep going to City to cover yaya toure when hes away at african cup of nations
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 31 2011, 04:21

Off to City apparently.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 07:29

1937: FOOTBALL:BBC Sport understands that talks between midfielder Owen Hargreaves and Manchester City are ongoing and any deal to sign the former Manchester United player would be performance related. It is also understood that Hargreaves' Champions League experience appeals to City manager Roberto Mancini.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 07:32

Wouldnt have minded him on a pay as you play basis, jol wanted him years ago but he waited for man utd to come in for him.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Aug 31 2011, 09:50

Lew we have been desperate these past 9 months, so the answer to that question is yes

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 19:18

Ok lob, get rid of one big wage earner not playing (woody) for another one,
    I suppose hargreaves might be over his injuries now, its a gamble worth taking as long as you get him on your terms, pay as you play.

Transfer Deadline Day Empty Transfer Deadline Day

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 19:46

To keep things tidy I have started this thread so posters can update any rumours or actual moves they discover thro' the day. I will move it to correct section tomorrow but it belongs in Spurs chat today so as we can easily keep tabs on whats happening (I will also tidy all the various threads that have started up over the last few days). Thanx guys flowers . . . .

Chelsea have made a £30m move for Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribery after being frustrated by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's tough stance over Luka Modric.

Tottenham have emerged as favourites to sign Bolton centre-back Gary Cahill after Arsenal pulled out of the running, and the Lilywhites are planning to offer cash plus Sebastien Bassong and David Bentley, although the Trotters are thought to want a cash-only deal.

Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra, a long-term target for Tottenham, is thought likely to join AC Milan on a season-long loan instead.

Tottenham and Fulham are monitoring Inter Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari, according to reports.

Stoke could turn their attention to Liverpool striker David N'gog if Spurs forward Peter Crouch continues to reject their attempts to bring him to the Britannia Stadium.

Liverpool are rumoured to be planning a bid for Tottenham's Croatian duo Vedran Corluka and Niko Kranjcar.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 19:56

0822: And don't go thinking that just because there are still 14 hours and 40 minutes until the transfer window shuts that I don't already have actual, real-life, tangible news. Oh no. Usually ridiculously shy with the press, Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has broken his vow of silence to update us all on the Luka Modric situation. Linked all summer with a move to Chelsea, Modric - Redknapp insists - is going absolutely nowhere. Are you 100% sure, Redknapp is asked? "1,000,000% sure. He's staying."

0830: IN THE PIPELINE

Now then, who could be going where today then? Well it would appear Arsenal will tie up deals for Per Mertesaker, Andre Santos and Park Chu-young, Tottenham will wrap up their move for Scott Parker (at least), Shaun Wright-Phillips will join QPR, Joe Cole will switch to French side Lille, Aston Villa are in for Spurs full-back Alan Hutton, and arguably the most surprising of summer transfers - Manchester City will sign Owen Hargreaves on a free transfer. And that barely even scratches the surface.

HellesMammut80 on Twitter: "Genuine? A good friend of the brother of my oldest cousin's wife works at Heathrow and says he saw Lass Diarra...Harry Magic?"

0921: RUMOUR MILL

One man I've yet to mention today - Yossi Benayoun. The Israel midfielder Tweeted last night that he was due in London to sort out a transfer away from Chelsea, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham all reported to be in for him.

0950: And the Stoke news doesn't stop there... a deal for Wilson Palacios is very close, with a fee having been agreed with Spurs, personal terms agreed and the player has passed his medical. The transfer has stalled, however, because Tottenham are waiting to see who they get in. As for Peter Crouch - the Potters have held talks with Tottenham and still have an interest in the player, but they have got no further forward than that.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:08

lewspurs wrote:Ok lob, get rid of one big wage earner not playing (woody) for another one,
    I suppose hargreaves might be over his injuries now, its a gamble worth taking as long as you get him on your terms, pay as you play.

Hutton to Villa , on sky sports arry was quoted as saying crouchie will move on , bassong will go and maybe pav..hargreaves could come to spurs but when you have citeh in the frame hes more than likely to go to them, but for me i think its risky with his injury record
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:12

Are we that desperate merged.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:14

Porto reportedly to make a bid for Pav.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:20

BazSpur wrote:Are we that desperate merged.

The god of rage Lewcifer will be well pleased you stole his thread lol!

this on bbc
    Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone on Twitter: "Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow."
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:37

seebee1944 wrote:

Porto reportedly to make a bid for Pav.

Cool, do a swap deal for Hulk along with some cash ...............

Levy might be able to squeeze an additional 10 million out of them!
    lmao
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:39

Milner left England training Arry wants to sign mids u know we always sign a player we havnt been linked too
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:50

MarkA249 wrote:Milner left England training Arry wants to sign mids u know we always sign a player we havnt been linked too

a*se-nal i reckon

from sky sports

Guisseppe rossi is having a medical at spurs and so is scott parker gary cahill is also on his way to spurs after agrreeing fee of 9 milllion and kaka is in london but he is at airport to spurs on loan deal. i live near the spurs lodge and i saw him going past and my freind works at airport.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:57

Pav been linked to Sunderland Loughts face if Sunderland sign Pav and we keep Crouch lmao

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:58

AidenWylie on Twitter: "Mario Ballotelli's player profile has been removed from the Man City website. He'll join Tottenham in a £14m deal today."

Leftfield or what ????

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 20:59

1039: Update now from BBC 5 Live's senior football reporter Ian Dennis: "Owen Hargreaves has passed the medical at Manchester City it's just a question of personal terms, I expect that to be completed by early afternoon. The Scott Parker to Tottenham deal should go through, I think they're still waiting on Palacios deal to go through. I don't know what's holding that up. Tottenham are interested in Gary Cahill, but may have to offload Younes Kaboul and Sebastian Bassong. Bolton I'm told are looking at Nedum Onuoha, so it's like a domino effect at this stage."
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Transfer Deadline Day Empty HUDDLESTONE ON TWITTER

Post by SuneJim Wed Aug 31 2011, 21:12

THudd has just tweeted can't believe who's just come in the training ground the back way,,,,,,,, intrigue or is he having a laugh on us?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 31 2011, 21:44

Messi?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 21:51

die_4_whufc on Twitter: "I am a Hammers fan hanging around Chigwell (Spurs training ground) Scott Parker has just pulled into the players car park Sad"

This dude is some kind of wierdo . . . . lmao

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 22:26

LOBO wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Are we that desperate merged.

The god of rage Lewcifer will be well pleased you stole his thread lol!

this on bbc
    Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone on Twitter: "Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow."

What the fck do you think you are doing you load of *************************** S. merging my thread.

Is this what you expected lob ?
    To tell the honest truth the owen hargreaves thread belonged to the transfer bollox, so i am quite flattered that it is still in main chat.
    No problems, perhaps the server is getting overloaded. lol! Suspect lol! Suspect

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 23:13

sportinglybet on Twitter: "Just seen Alan Hutton outside Bodymoor Heath [Aston Villa training ground]. Deal seems likely today."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 13:48