The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ROSE & WALKER EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ROSE & WALKER EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ROSE & WALKER EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ROSE & WALKER EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ROSE & WALKER EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ROSE & WALKER EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ROSE & WALKER EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ROSE & WALKER EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ROSE & WALKER EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ROSE & WALKER Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

ROSE & WALKER

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

ROSE & WALKER Empty ROSE & WALKER

Post by SuneJim Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:12

Now it's long been the opinion that Spurs pick up promising youngsters & then somehow break them. I have to agree to a certain extent. But more recently we've had Lennon & Huddlestone to name two brought young for there potential that are now regulars so the trend is turning.

So i would like to see who of our youngsters we have, people think will come through maybe even this season. For me it's two,,,,,,,,,

Walker,,, Corluka is definitely our first choice right back but i really can see Walker finishing the season as first choice.
    He has pace & is meant to be the fastest player at the club out pacing Lennon even.
    He's very strong & technically good.
    He has a Delap like throw. He's also very agile as he can get turned but be back in position in an instant.

Rose,,, Again a player that has improved immensely & that could be down to his goal against a*se-nal giving him some self belief. Not ready for a regular starting place but is ready to have a good season from the bench.
    Cultured left foot.
    Strong & fleet of foot on the ball.
    Very good vision & passing ability.

So for me our squad with young players like them in it is why we haven't been spending loads in the transfer market as we're set for the long haul now.

ROSE & WALKER Empty Re: ROSE & WALKER

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:20

Tottenham are set to release Danny Rose on loan so the youngster can gain more first team experience, according to The People.

Rose, 20, burst on to the scene with a goal of the season contender against Arsenal in April. Despite the thunderbolt, the England under-21 international's path to the match day squad has been blocked by more established stars.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has now earmarked Rose for a temporary spell in the Championship. He will hope for a better time in the division after being consigned to the sidelines during a temporary switch to Peterborough United last term.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:20

You failed to mention the most promising of all, Mr.Townsend, looked brilliant in pre season friendlies, and has some pace & skill on him. A real talent for the future! But i believe he has been loaned out for the season, is it Ipswich?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:27

no winde up i dont think,townsend,rose,naughton will play more than 15 prem games between them, i think the lad jim mentioned may get a chance at full back, whats happened to livermore.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:32

Well that's put a fly in the ointment then Max lol.

Livermore was on the bench Saturday Burger & played a few minutes in the pre-season friendlies. But i think he had another injury.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:33

well corluka hasnt looked good recently. it was kaboul who played aganst arsenal chelsea man c and aganst stoke. i perfer kaboul to be ahead of corluka whos so slow.

i though danny rose looked good in pre season aswell as walker
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:44

I agree with DJ. Townsend looks a real prospect.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:50

Loan watch
    23 August 2010

Andros Townsend experienced the highs and lows of football in the space of 15 minutes at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The flying winger was heavily involved in the move that led to Carlos Edwards putting his loan side Ipswich Town 2-0 up in the second half of the Championship encounter at Selhurst Park.

Unfortunately, Andros was then sent off for a high challenge on Palace goalkeeper Julius Speroni.

Palace had already seen a man red carded as well so it ended 10 against 10 and Roy Keane's men held on for a 2-1 victory.

Jon Obika, on loan at Palace, came on for his debut as a substitute in the 75th minute.

Ryan Mason felt the full force of the Craig Bellamy factor as his loan team Doncaster travelled to Cardiff City in the Championship on Saturday.

It was the Wales international's debut for his home-town team and he certainly lived-up to the hype of his loan move from Manchester City, setting up a goal before scoring a spectacular free-kick in Cardiff's 4-0 win. Ryan was substituted on the hour with the score at 1-0.

Staying in the Championship, Jon Bostock played 69 minutes as Hull drew 0-0 against Watford at the KC Stadium.

David Button and Dean Parrett both played 90 minutes for Plymouth but suffered a 2-1 defeat at Walsall in League One.

Midfielder Dean was involved in some key moments. His pass set-up Rory Patterson for a one-on-one in the first half - the chance missed - and he helped set-up a goal that was disallowed in the second half.

In League Two, Oscar Jansson twice denied Ryan Lowe in the first half as his loan team Northampton led at Bury before the home side finally broke through in the second half. It stayed 1-1 at Gigg Lane.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 07:33

SuneJim wrote:Now it's long been the opinion that Spurs pick up promising youngsters & then somehow break them. I have to agree to a certain extent. But more recently we've had Lennon & Huddlestone to name two brought young for there potential that are now regulars so the trend is turning.

So i would like to see who of our youngsters we have, people think will come through maybe even this season. For me it's two,,,,,,,,,

Walker,,, Corluka is definitely our first choice right back but i really can see Walker finishing the season as first choice.
    He has pace & is meant to be the fastest player at the club out pacing Lennon even.
    He's very strong & technically good.
    He has a Delap like throw. He's also very agile as he can get turned but be back in position in an instant.

Rose,,, Again a player that has improved immensely & that could be down to his goal against a*se-nal giving him some self belief. Not ready for a regular starting place but is ready to have a good season from the bench.
    Cultured left foot.
    Strong & fleet of foot on the ball.
    Very good vision & passing ability.

So for me our squad with young players like them in it is why we haven't been spending loads in the transfer market as we're set for the long haul now.

Jim i have always contested this theory that we break youngsters at tottenham, you have to say that if the player was good enough then he would have broken through as the likes of lennon,hud and bale have done, and walker is on the verge of....

Lets take dean marney for an instance, remembered for his goals against everton during jols reign as manager, well he got sold on and has proved that it was the correct decision, leigh mills didnt make it, taarabt is doing wonders at qpr, so we may have been a bit hasty there but on the whole its been a good policy by levy to buy in youngsters and see what they can do.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 08:00

how can you saw dean marney may not have made it. he scored 2 goals and we beat villa 5 0 then gets dropped. look at etherington hes done ok so has luke young and the guy who plays for fulham i forgot hes name hes done well

did anyone see zamora aganst man u on sunday he held thebal up really well.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 24 2010, 08:03

Do you mean Simon Davies Lought?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 08:04

Loughtonlegend wrote:how can you saw dean marney may not have made it. he scored 2 goals and we beat villa 5 0 then gets dropped. look at etherington hes done ok so has luke young and the guy who plays for fulham i forgot hes name hes done well

Do you want them back then lought ?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 08:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:how can you saw dean marney may not have made it. he scored 2 goals and we beat villa 5 0 then gets dropped. look at etherington hes done ok so has luke young and the guy who plays for fulham i forgot hes name hes done well

Couple of names i forgot there lought, but lets take a look at the facts.

Simon davies became injury prone, he suffered periodical shin splints while at spurs, but he wasnt rejected as a youth flop, he had many games for spurs and was a great little player, i remember him in the 5-1 thrashing of chelsea in the carling cup, he was just moved on maybe because we had just bought lennon ?

Etherington was part of the double signing from peteborough when fry was there, both him and davies were bought by graham, yes he has improved since he left spurs, i will admit that, but i still believe that who decided to sell him did the right thing in retrospect.

Zamora has improved too, i said last year that i wouldnt mind him back at spurs but the post was poo pooed by many on here.

Luke young , wasnt he part of a deal for someone we bought ? cant quite remember now ? he wasnt moved on for a few seasons lought, you cant say he never got a chance he was a first teamer for ages mate, good little right back and tough tackler, i liked him.

So we come to dean marney ! what are you saying lought ? he is in the championship, and surely it is up to him to prove he is better than that, what else can i say?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 08:37

im sayin marney scored 2 goals then was dropped. im not sayin he would of made it. theres tons of kids who we havent given a chance. we tend to poach kids then send them back out online or sale on at a loss

bostock the kids from notts f plus kyle naughton all these players playin well then come to us then thats it. i agree that harry has given our kids more chances then say ramos and jol.

people bang on about jol because he was a lovely fella but i must admit it got so borin watching zokoro jenas in the middle every game come rain sleat n snow

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 08:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:im sayin marney scored 2 goals then was dropped. im not sayin he would of made it. theres tons of kids who we havent given a chance. we tend to poach kids then send them back out online or sale on at a loss

bostock the kids from notts f plus kyle naughton all these players playin well then come to us then thats it. i agree that harry has given our kids more chances then say ramos and jol.

people bang on about jol because he was a lovely fella but i must admit it got so borin watching zokoro jenas in the middle every game come rain sleat n snow

and lought i am not saying marney should have been shipped out, i am saying that he now plays in the championship and until a premiership side comes in for him then we have to believe that to be the correct decision.

Bostock and naughton are out on loan to get more competitive playing time lought ! its better for them to play in a lower league than be 3rd , 4th or 5th in the pecking order at whl surely.?

The notts forest kids,? who dawson and andy reid at sunderland lought ? well dawson is a spurs regular, and reid was constantly accused of being overweight on here.

Not sure that reid is setting the stadium of light on fire lought but surely we kept the best of the notts forest kids?

I never rated jenas or zakora , but dont knock jols 5th place for us lought, he must have been doing something right at the time whether or not he played them every game or not, surely a settled side is better than one that is constantly changed.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Aug 24 2010, 16:50

lewspurs wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:im sayin marney scored 2 goals then was dropped. im not sayin he would of made it. theres tons of kids who we havent given a chance. we tend to poach kids then send them back out online or sale on at a loss

and lought i am not saying marney should have been shipped out

I am, he was ordinary ......... Very ordinary.

i am saying that he now plays in the championship and until a premiership side comes in for him then we have to believe that to be the correct decision.

It was the correct decision otherwise he'd be in the Prem. The only Prem teams that will come in for Marney are those who deal in journeymen.

Bostock and naughton are out on loan to get more competitive playing time lought ! its better for them to play in a lower league than be 3rd , 4th or 5th in the pecking order at whl surely.?

Bang on Lew. We win on all counts really because we only pay part of their wage whilst someone else gives them the experience they require to move up to the next level. Additionally, it gives us the opportunity to guage them under extremely competitive conditions.

The notts forest kids,? who dawson and andy reid at sunderland lought ? well dawson is a spurs regular, and reid was constantly accused of being overweight on here.

Not only that, he never really performed for us at all. I think he felt overawed whilst, at Sunderland, he's one of the bigger fish in the pond.

Not sure that reid is setting the stadium of light on fire lought but surely we kept the best of the notts forest kids?

Indubitably.

I never rated jenas or zakora , but dont knock jols 5th place for us lought, he must have been doing something right at the time whether or not he played them every game or not, surely a settled side is better than one that is constantly changed.

As we are seeing with this current team. It's not just the youngsters who have to be patient & wait for their chance, it's the fans too. Some guys see a prodigy perform like a Superstar, in a lesser league or competition, and think they can repeat that in the highest league. Some probably can, the vast majority though can't.
    I have yet to see one of our 'discarded youngsters' going to a Prem team for a ridiculous amount of money, have yet to see one that has the fans saying 'Jesus, who's the halfwit that let him go?'

That's all the answer I need, I'm amazed that others require more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 22:34