The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Walker ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Walker ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Walker ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Walker ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Walker ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Walker ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Walker ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Walker ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Walker ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Walker ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Walker !

Walker ! Empty Walker !

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04 2010, 22:05

I just wondered if the injury to daws could kick off a few changes in the spurs side.

Yeah of course it will i hear because daws is out for a period, (understood) but i was thinking maybe walker might get a run.

If kaboul or corluka are moved to centre back then walker might be in with a shot to show what he can do at right back.

Bale came through because of ekotto,s injury last year and i believe walker could do the same because corluka could fill in for dawson in central defence.

As for kaboul ! i think he is more of a utility type player, very versatile but he hasnt got walkers speed.

I get a little annoyed with harry because its a bit worrying that it took an injury to bale to get his chance, i would have thought that our arry knows his players well enough to choose the best eleven for most games,, but no the lad got his chance from injury, so harry is missing something at times. sunny

Last edited by lewspurs on Sat Sep 04 2010, 22:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad english)
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Walker ! Empty Re: Walker !

Post by LOBO Sat Sep 04 2010, 22:24

we have enough quality in the team now , dawson injury will only give someone else a chance to shine .. kaboul , Gallas , Corlucka even can play central .. im not worried , wish dawson well though poor guy
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 04 2010, 23:30

I can't see Charlie going to CH unless both King and Bassong get knocks. However, if the choice were put in front of me I'd move him there and put Khaboul on the right, I think Khaboul is the better of the two anyway. Charlie's lack of pace won't get exposed so much in the middle and he won't get caught out of position as much.

I'm beginning to think that the England team is becoming a jinx for Spurs CH's.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 03:04

I think i heard ion that walker is the fastest player at spurs, and when you think how fast lennon is ??????sheeeeeeesh !

Kaboul has a lot of different qualities and is a far better option at right back (at the moment ) than corluka who is so slow at times, so i have to agree that corluka will be less exposed at cb.

I say at the moment because i think when walker gets an extended go that he is spurs future right back.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05 2010, 06:08

Switch Kaboul to centre-half ? Play along side Ledders, Billy or Bassong. One thing we do have peeps is options . . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 05 2010, 12:52

lewspurs wrote:

I think i heard ion that walker is the fastest player at spurs, and when you think how fast lennon is ??????sheeeeeeesh !

Kaboul has a lot of different qualities and is a far better option at right back (at the moment ) than corluka who is so slow at times, so i have to agree that corluka will be less exposed at cb.

I say at the moment because i think when walker gets an extended go that he is spurs future right back.

I've never seen the lad play, Lew, so I only really have the descriptions from you guys on how good he is.

I would like to see him given a run out in the CC. Not only to see him play, but to see that Harry is looking to further his education and move him on another notch. The fact that he's in the 25 man squad gives me confidence that we will be seeing him soon.

Give him a go in the CC against the goons. I can't see Smooth Bum playing and it's an opportunity to rest Lennon. Put in a covering midfielder and, if he really is as fast as you say, let him bomb down the line at their fullback, that kind of speed will terrify just about anyone.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Sep 05 2010, 20:27

Corluka played in the centre a couple of times last season and was very poor. I wouldn't want to see him moved there.In fact I would like to see him moved away, period.
    Hutton apparently had a great game for Scotland in the week and I would rather see him at RB and Gallas in the middle with King if fit or Bassong.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13 2024, 14:12