The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Missed Deadline? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Missed Deadline? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Missed Deadline? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Missed Deadline? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Missed Deadline? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Missed Deadline? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Missed Deadline? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Missed Deadline? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Missed Deadline? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Missed Deadline? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Missed Deadline?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Missed Deadline? Empty Missed Deadline?

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:00

Latest reports are we missed the deadline for vdv and Spurs are asking for special dispensation. Hope this isn't true. Mind you I read it on News now so who knows?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Missed Deadline? Empty Re: Missed Deadline?

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:04

Sky Sports News understands Tottenham Hotspur missed the deadline to finalise the paperwork for the signing of Rafael van der Vaart.

Spurs made a late bid to bring in Holland international Van der VaartMissed Deadline? Spacer and tried to complete the deal before Tuesday's 6pm cut-off.However,
    it is understood that technical issues prevented the necessary
    paperwork from being completed and Spurs have now requested special
    dispensation from the Premier League to add the midfielder to their
    squad.The club were not initially expected to be particularly
    active on deadline day, but the sudden availability of Van der Vaart at a
    knock-down price of £8million prompted Spurs to act.Manager Harry RedknappMissed Deadline? Spacer told Sky Sports News on Tuesday evening that he was hopeful of signing Van der Vaart and conceded the club could not pass up such an opportunity.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:14

sounds dodgy to me lol.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:15

Its all very much 'up in the air' at the moment Baz, but going by what happened last time with Arshavin signing late for the Goonies, we should be allowed to sign the player also, so i dont see a problem. The FA are prob looking at proof of the delay, which should be logged on the servers when Spurs/madrid were about to agree the deal.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:17

DJSR wrote:Its all very much 'up in the air' at the moment Baz, but going by what happened last time with Arshavin signing late for the Goonies, we should be allowed to sign the player also, so i dont see a problem. The FA are prob looking at proof of the delay, which should be logged on the servers when Spurs/madrid were about to agree the deal.
    2 wrongs dont make a right.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:25

burger777 wrote:
    DJSR wrote:Its all very much 'up in the air' at the moment Baz, but going by what happened last time with Arshavin signing late for the Goonies, we should be allowed to sign the player also, so i dont see a problem. The FA are prob looking at proof of the delay, which should be logged on the servers when Spurs/madrid were about to agree the deal.

Highlight the 2 wrongs for me then.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:37

Burger's hoping lol. Would be gutted if we got VDV

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:38

DJSR wrote:
    burger777 wrote:

arshavin signing late for arsenal and van der signing late for yids. makes 2 dont it.lol

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:39

BazSpur wrote:Burger's hoping lol. Would be gutted if we got VDV
    not as much as you if you dont lol.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:40

Lets wait and see first. I am sure I will put a brave face on it. Will you?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:42

BazSpur wrote:Lets wait and see first. I am sure I will put a brave face on it. Will you?
    sure will bazza.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:43

Missed Deadline? Lol
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:49

burger777 wrote:
    DJSR wrote:
    burger777 wrote:

arshavin signing late for arsenal and van der signing late for yids. makes 2 dont it.lol

So what your saying is the goonies are allowed to get away with it, but others arent?? Remember, we're top 4 club now afro

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01 2010, 23:58

DJSR wrote:
    burger777 wrote:
    DJSR wrote:
    burger777 wrote:

So what your saying is the goonies are allowed to get away with it, but others arent?? Remember, we're top 4 club now afro
    the fact your now top 4 says to me the deal will go ahead, dont blow too many of these top 4 priveliges too early tho, thats this and the over the ball against stoke, thats 2 and we just in september lol.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Sep 02 2010, 00:20

burger777 wrote:
    DJSR wrote:
    burger777 wrote:
    DJSR wrote:
    burger777 wrote:

the fact your now top 4 says to me the deal will go ahead, dont blow too many of these top 4 priveliges too early tho, thats this and the over the ball against stoke, thats 2 and we just in september lol.

The amount of Luck the goonies have had over the centuries, we could never catch you lot up with regards to priveliges, you lot have more than over used yours.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 02 2010, 00:58

Arshaving only got in because david dein ex gooner chairmen sits on the premier league board , same reason wetspam never went down over the tevez saga Brooking another prem board member, you see its who you know at the end of the day.. i think this will get clearence Missed Deadline? 877182
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Thu Sep 02 2010, 01:01

Statement from Real Madrid, says that they did everything on time for this deal and it's down to the Premier League to confirm it, but they expect it to go through. They also denied he nearly signed for Werder for 18 mill on monday.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02 2010, 01:06

Article from spursnetwork.com

Sources in both England & Spain have confirmed that Rafael Van Der Vaart will make his proposed transfer to Spurs today. A deal was thrashed out late yesterday before the deadline and Van Der Vaart has already announced his pride at moving to the "beautiful" North London club.

Complications arose last night however with the papers being submitted some 10 or 20 minutes after the deadline. The FA were not happy but Spurs have since claimed that "technical difficulties" involving their email servers lead to the delay, Premier League officials have since asked for proof and have been examining the deal in a meeting this morning. The results of this meeting are still unclear, although news should filter through by 5pm today when the 25 man Premier League squads need to be submitted.

Spurs fans need not to worry though as it is highly unlikely that this transfer will be rejected as Spurs have FIFA's backing, not to mention the fact that Van Der Vaart is not included in Madrid's squad. This would mean that he would be unable to play football till January unless he made a loan move to Denmark (as their deadline is tonight) if the Spurs deal did not come off. A player of Van Der Vaart's class would not be at all happy with this situation and Spurs could send the Premier League to court over grounds of blighting a player's career, which the Premier League will want to avoid at all costs as it would be severely damaging to their reputation.

It is highly unlikely that it will even come to this though as they will want a player as big as Van Der Vaart in their league. They have also allowed deals in the past that missed the deadline such as, Benjani to Manchester City and Arshavin to Ars*nal.

All in all, the Premier League are taking a tough stance to show they are no push overs and that the deadline is a deadline but they will not stop this deal for the reasons mentioned in this article.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02 2010, 01:10

i heard the decesion will be made at 3 30. i remember the ashley cole deal not being finnilised untill the next day. same with arseshavn last season
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Thu Sep 02 2010, 01:11

Lets not count our chickens though....

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02 2010, 01:16

why not its easy theres 2 lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 02 2010, 01:18

on the official website, hes ours!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 14:40