The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan

Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan Empty Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 01:02

Bristol City have signed Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Danny Rose on loan for the rest of the season.

The 20-year-old, who had been linked with City for some time, joined Spurs for £1m in 2007 from Leeds United.
    City boss Keith Millen told BBC Radio Bristol it is a signing which should give him more options in midfield.
    "He's one we feel would enhance the squad in terms of the position he plays and we've been looking for a left-sider for a while now," Millen said.
    The deal is until the end of the current campaign, but Spurs do have the right to recall him after the opening 28 days of the agreement.
    Rose is unavailable for City's trip to Scunthorpe on Saturday because of a slight ankle injury, picked up playing for the England Under-21s, but is expected to be fit for their home game with Watford.
    Meanwhile, City have confirmed that they have released Peter Styvar's contract with immediate effect.

news.bbc.co.uk

Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan Empty Re: Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 07:08

how stupid is that. why a whole season. another player that will be sold next season now for 1mill

Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan Empty Re: Bristol City sign Tottenham's Danny Rose on loan

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 07:17

Im pretty gutted about it, i was looking forward to seeing him a bit more this season possibly in the CC.
    hoping he would bang in a few more goals like the one against the Goons.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10 2010, 07:21

yea he looked good same as livermoor. i wana see these players brought on for us in games we have won. like 3 0 up in a game with 20 mins left
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 10 2010, 09:01

well john Bostock is out on a season long loan at hull and hes 18 , the experience he will get in playing first team football in the championship well be crucial to his developement as a player , Rose is only 20 & Bostock 18, they have bright futures , loaning players out is a good thing in my opinion, no good them sitting on the bench or in reserves waiting for there chance to play a Cameo role , it better they get to play regular first team football which they will get ..
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Fri Sep 10 2010, 23:27

i dont think the likes of Rose/Bostock/Livermore would get a game this season, so loaning them out will give them more games and most importantly more confidence. But can these players be recalled at anytime if needed?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 00:44

I don't think so DJ unless a real injury crisis is happening (but that may only apply to 'keepers). Possibly in transfer window but I do believe a season means a season. Be good experience, and game time in a 1st team competetive game is more worthwhile than any reserve/friendly game . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Sep 11 2010, 00:47

Hmmm i'm sure i recall loan deals being recalled before, but i cant remember the circumstances.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 11 2010, 01:19

Having read the Danny Rose write up, it says that he can be recalled at any time after the first 28 day period.

The loan deals we are doing are good business, both from a financial and a development perspective.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Sep 11 2010, 01:40

cheers for the info ion.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Sep 11 2010, 06:21

The loan deals are perfect for toughening up young players.Players like Rose and Bostock have a lot of potential but are a long way from being the finished article. They have both shown they have skill especially Rose
    but he looks a little light weight at the moment and another season on loan could make all the difference.

I still think it was a big mistake not playing a reserve league, at least they were getting regular games and playing with other Spurs players gives them a great understanding when they get in the first team.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 17:15