The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Can we blame Defoe? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Can we blame Defoe? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Can we blame Defoe? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Can we blame Defoe? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Can we blame Defoe? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Can we blame Defoe? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Can we blame Defoe? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Can we blame Defoe? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Can we blame Defoe? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Can we blame Defoe? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Can we blame Defoe?

sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Can we blame Defoe? Empty Can we blame Defoe?

Post by sarflondonar Tue Sep 14 2010, 06:50

Sitting here a thinking i'm a bit P*ss*d off at Jermaine for playing for England, he knew he was taking a risk with his groin. And even though he injured his ankle, I still feel slightly angry at him because he shouldn't have been out there. We are now short of the best finisher we have through one of our most hectic/important period of matches we've have had in many years.

But there's the other side to the coin...

Playing for England is(should be) the pinnacle of a players career, and at 28 he really hasn't had the chances he deserves due to M.Owen. So it was a risk worth taking for him and he nearly pulled it off. With a hattrick in the first and if he'd have scored again i think it would have been impossible for Fabio to drop him.

So can we blame him?

Can we blame Defoe? Empty Re: Can we blame Defoe?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14 2010, 07:59

i blame him. if we wasnt playin wigan at home he would of had it done. When england play away he wil drop defoe but not rooney who hasnt scored in ages. defoe wil always be 2nd choice for england
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Sep 14 2010, 17:59

I think he will be rather upset at himself that he will miss the group stages of CL unless he comes back earlier than thought which is possible, i dont blame him really we have 3 other strikers so i can't really see the problem 'hes also had this on going groin niggle so maybe its for the best he gets it all sorted now rather than when we really need him mid season.

one thing did pee me of about jermain and maybe im reading in to it to much but there was a few fans waiting outside side the ground and loads of players were signing autographs ledders modric and most of the first team squad all taking time to mix with the fans, all of a sudden Defoe turns up in his range rover driven by a friend he then jumps out and goes straight into the ground ignoring the fans ..maybe he had his reasons but to me it looked like he was blanking them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 07:57