The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Corluka,s turn. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Corluka,s turn. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Corluka,s turn. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Corluka,s turn. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Corluka,s turn. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Corluka,s turn. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Corluka,s turn. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Corluka,s turn. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Corluka,s turn. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Corluka,s turn. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Corluka,s turn.

Corluka,s turn. Empty Corluka,s turn.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 19:53

To be criticised ! well it has been jenas,palacios, keane and others over a period of time, now corluka.

To be fair a few spurs players look dodgy at times so i dont want to join the anti corluka bandwagon but corluka does look very slow, i am surprised that walker has gone out on loan because he is supposedbly the fastest player at spurs,?

Ekotto is also coming in for a bit of flak, but i must admit i think he is one of the most improved players at spurs over the last two seasons, he does have the odd gaff, and unfortunately for him it usually results in a goal for the opposition, but i still like the bloke at left back, i would rather bale left midfield than full back, it would upset our attacking options.

I have to say i was wrong about kaboul because when we first got him i stated i dont rate him but he is a good player wherever he plays.......he does a good job.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Corluka,s turn. Empty Re: Corluka,s turn.

Post by cynicsid Wed Sep 15 2010, 20:24

I just think Corluka is playing with a lack of confidence, competition for places effects different players in different ways, and I think he's too nervous on the ball. Not that I would swap him for Hutton. But Kaboul has made a good claim to the RB spot when our central defenders are fit. he was massive in that spot last season.

I would also drop Lennon for Bentley right now. Lennon is playing nowhere near his best and Bentley was on his game at the end of last season. But there are so many options in midfield right now. we certanly have the players for playing 4-5-1 formations thats for sure. Lennon would regain some confidence comming on late in matches against tired defences
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Sep 15 2010, 22:19

The thing is we as fans can see how slow corluka is , none of us here are professional footballers or managers yet we can still see the obvious flaws in his game, lastnight he got turned so many times and when he gets foward i worry abit because hes not the fastest getting back to defend .

Ok i like corluka i have no problem with his commitment & passion but hes obviously a weak link , and other manager will see this and attack more down that side like Werder did lastnight, there manager saw it and he brought on Marin who just ran Corluka ragged .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Sep 15 2010, 22:42

Kaboul has so much more than Charlie in my opinion. He's far quicker than Charlie, he can pick a good pass he can tackle and he reads the game very well and I think he could score the odd goal or two.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Sep 15 2010, 23:41

And his cross (playing at right back) lead to our goal at Citeh and Champs League place.

As supporters I believe we do have a right to comment, criticise, if you like, when a player does not perform. Yes, Ekotto has improved, but his over confidence does lead to goals being scored against us. Why try to bend a ball with the outside of his left boot, deep in our own half for it to go out for a throw that lead to the goal, row z in their half would have probably seen us to half time 2-0 up.

I think a lot of our comments are born out of frustration that these same players can perform, take Jenas as an example, superb last night, why cant he do that all the time?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 16 2010, 00:09

BazSpur wrote:Kaboul has so much more than Charlie in my opinion. He's far quicker than Charlie, he can pick a good pass he can tackle and he reads the game very well and I think he could score the odd goal or two.

With you on this Baz.... We cant afford Charlies lack of pace against the speed of top players ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 16 2010, 00:36

Lets hope Arry sees it Arnie. Well, he obviously does see it. I suppose he is deciding what to do about it. Problem is Arry can't get a settled side at the moment with injuries blighting he team every other game.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 01:13

cynicsid wrote:I just think Corluka is playing with a lack of confidence, competition for places effects different players in different ways, and I think he's too nervous on the ball. Not that I would swap him for Hutton. But Kaboul has made a good claim to the RB spot when our central defenders are fit. he was massive in that spot last season.

I would also drop Lennon for Bentley right now. Lennon is playing nowhere near his best and Bentley was on his game at the end of last season. But there are so many options in midfield right now. we certanly have the players for playing 4-5-1 formations thats for sure. Lennon would regain some confidence comming on late in matches against tired defences

I still think the right back spot should have gone to walker, but thats a no go now! perhaps harry thinks he isnt ready, as for lennon i have always said he should come on last 30 mins to run at tired defences.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 08:52

Just a suggestion. Use Corluka as a centre-half option rather than the permanent right back ? Kaboul could do the job at R/B and it's time to have a look at Alan Hutton in the Carling Cup against the goners, me thinks, to see if we have proper cover in this posistion . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 07:48

yea makes sence vis. that way they can help each other out and kaboul can push up more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 11:02